iPhone 3GS Bugs/Issues

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
it seems the 3gs has had a lot of problems with it, I'm scared to buy one...
I must admit, reading the horror stories on on some fora (Not this one!) I nearly didn't buy a 3GS. On mature reflection, I realised that the majority of said "complaints" were, in my opinion, from immature idiots who seemed to rejoice in complaining about anything!

Thank goodness I ignored them! The 3GS is an amazing piece of kit which, in many circumstances can replace the the laptop/PC.

brucecranene

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
meagain

Hello I'm new to blogging. I find it difficult to get an answer to my questions. It seems you have to look at every "thread" to see if you question has an answer. Has anyone seen a loss of signal when using the incase slide battery case:) I don't know what to put in track back. Where are the descriptions of all there new words?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Hello I'm new to blogging. I find it difficult to get an answer to my questions. It seems you have to look at every "thread" to see if you question has an answer. Has anyone seen a loss of signal when using the incase slide battery case:) I don't know what to put in track back. Where are the descriptions of all there new words?

I have never posted a track back you can just leave it blank.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

the antenna is on the back of the phone.

by putting anything with metal (batteries) or circuitry (modern batteries) next to it you're blocking the antenna and there's a chance for decreased signal strength

Jones Very

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Wake button and volume control

Anyone else having this issue? I have to hit the wake button three or four times to wake the phone. And when I do, the playback buttons and volume control appear briefly on screen before disappearing. This gas been going on for a couple days, and I'm pretty sure it's related to a noticeable battery life problem that's also cropped up.

alex6speed

Jul 14, 2009
www.6crew.com
I'm not sure if anyone else is running into this. When I use Voice Control with iPod, if I select "Next Song", randomly the audio gets cut off, and I can't hear any music. When I try to use VC again, I can hear the cue sound and the response back, but not other sounds after that. I have to reboot my 3GS to get it working again.

I also found that at certain times, the Voice Control will not respond back by voice at certain times. It just goes silent, and does the task I called for.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue? I have to hit the wake button three or four times to wake the phone. And when I do, the playback buttons and volume control appear briefly on screen before disappearing. This gas been going on for a couple days, and I'm pretty sure it's related to a noticeable battery life problem that's also cropped up.

Try a full restart of the phone ( holding home and power at the same time until the apple logo appears ).

The ipod controls pop up when you double tap the home button.

troykistler

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I am having problems wit the keyboard click, can barely hear it. Anyone know how to correct this. I am on 3.1 firmware on a iphone 3gs.
Please help, it is making me crazy.

Last edited:

james048a

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I am having problems wit the keyboard click, can barely hear it. Anyone know how to correct this. I am on 3.1 firmware on a iphone 3gs.
Please help, it is making me crazy.

Dont feel bad, i too noticed the keyboard clicks are softer then before the update to 3.1
As far as i know there is no correction yet, that would have to be done in the next firmware update, along with the coma state fix that alot of people are having.

My advice to those that dont have 3.1 to WAIT tell the next version is out. This one is a bad one. My iphone 3G had been working great ever since i bought it back last year in Dec . and never JB it. Now after the 3.1 update my phone randomly just goes coma state with out any warning and have to do a hard reboot once a day.

jamiestech

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Whenever i restart/respring my 3GS, i need to sleep/wake before i can do anything inside any apps. anyone else get this issue?

Last edited:

jamiestech

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Dont feel bad, i too noticed the keyboard clicks are softer then before the update to 3.1
As far as i know there is no correction yet, that would have to be done in the next firmware update, along with the coma state fix that alot of people are having.

My advice to those that dont have 3.1 to WAIT tell the next version is out. This one is a bad one. My iphone 3G had been working great ever since i bought it back last year in Dec . and never JB it. Now after the 3.1 update my phone randomly just goes coma state with out any warning and have to do a hard reboot once a day.

you are still under your 1year warenty. take that iPhone back to Apple and get a new one that works.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner