AT&T will tell you that you should reboot your phone daily!
    Seriously?
    Two different Reps told me that...
    I laughed in their face.
    Must be a thing with smartphones. When I had my Blackberry I had to do battery pulls a few times a day or the thing was just an expensive brick. I have way fewer problems with iPhones, FWIW.
    07-10-2009 12:56 AM
    If I shake or move my 3gs quickly while it's charging there is a chirping noise, if the sound is off the chirp is replaced by a vibration. I thought it may have been app related as I just downloaded Tetris but it only occurs while the phone is charging.
    I have figured that this is the new shake technology that iPhone has put in to some programs; it used as an undo in typing situations, or refresh in others, and some others i haven't discovered yet. so it is probably a glitch, or you have a bad charging connection and you may be experience a short or break in charging connectivity
    07-10-2009 07:45 AM
    I dunno if I did this right but 3Gs battery life is awful. I contacted Apple they told me to return it. This would make the third one since June 20th. I haven't gone yet because I don't want to deal with the Genius bar because I don't think it's the phone I believe its the battery... ahh something like that.
    I have researched and and researched this. Some sources say that it is a hardware defect, this is the reason that att&apple will give you a new iphone; however i believe this to be a software neglection, and that the system is not optimized and wwill probably be fixed with a software update as is the problem with a lot of smartphones upon initial release.

Also i have noticed that if you follow the rules of battery charging, (i.e. giving the phone a complete charge, fully discharge battery and fully charge a minimum of 6 hrs with no use while charging it will increase your battery life.

in addition do this charge with charging from the wall , and not your computer. the wall is a contant DC source, and computer is an AC source like a car charger and current is variable. So a 100% charge from the Computer is not the same as a 100% charge from the wall outlet.

Hope this helps, even with good battery charging is still barely make it through a 14 hr day of moderate use, or about 5-4 hrs of heavy use.
    07-10-2009 08:08 AM
    The only problem I have noticed is that somehow my phone always ends up at a voicemail password enter screen.. When I exit an app or get off the phone.. Or when I have my phone locked and hit the wake button sometimes it will simply be at this screen when I unlock it.

Pretty annoying..

I hadn't had any issues until today & this happened to me. Has anyone found a fix for this??
    07-14-2009 08:12 PM
    Just a quick note to anyone else having issues with the voicemail password pop up from time to time. I didn't have an issue with it until I received a voicemail on my phone. I went to settings-phone-reset vm password. Once I saw the screen I remembered entering the password to set up my vm. I changed the password & had a vm waiting for me. Seems to have fixed the problem.
    07-17-2009 09:33 PM
    it seems the 3gs has had a lot of problems with it, I'm scared to buy one...
    07-18-2009 05:50 AM
    Don't be. I love love love mine. And had seriously talked myself out getting the 3GS and just waiting until Apple comes out with something new next year. But I have the new one, lol. Battery life is a drag (it wasn't so great with my 3G, either), but I charge throughout the day so am usually ok. The speed is just amazing and I love always having a video camera with me.
    07-18-2009 10:07 PM
    Just a quick note to anyone else having issues with the voicemail password pop up from time to time. I didn't have an issue with it until I received a voicemail on my phone. I went to settings-phone-reset vm password. Once I saw the screen I remembered entering the password to set up my vm. I changed the password & had a vm waiting for me. Seems to have fixed the problem.
    This was happening when I had my new phone activated. i just kept putting in the password and the problem disappeared on its own within a day or two.
    07-18-2009 10:09 PM
    I must be lucky - my 3GS is great. Battery life is the best of any smartphone I have had before (Moto Q, Q9c, Touch Pro, Plam Pre). I have no problems that are not known gripes with the platform to begin with (like better multiple inbox viewing in email, more notification sounds/reminders options and a better focusing camera). But as far as I can tell, the 3GS works as advertised for me. My screen is fine - but I did not have another iPhone to compare it to.

I guess it just depends on your expectations.
    07-18-2009 10:53 PM
    I must be lucky - my 3GS is great. Battery life is the best of any smartphone I have had before (Moto Q, Q9c, Touch Pro, Plam Pre). I have no problems that are not known gripes with the platform to begin with (like better multiple inbox viewing in email, more notification sounds/reminders options and a better focusing camera). But as far as I can tell, the 3GS works as advertised for me. My screen is fine - but I did not have another iPhone to compare it to.

I guess it just depends on your expectations.
    Can you please ellaborate on your battery life in detail? Thanks.
    07-19-2009 02:54 AM
    I must admit, reading the horror stories on on some fora (Not this one!) I nearly didn't buy a 3GS. On mature reflection, I realised that the majority of said "complaints" were, in my opinion, from immature idiots who seemed to rejoice in complaining about anything!

Thank goodness I ignored them! The 3GS is an amazing piece of kit which, in many circumstances can replace the the laptop/PC.
    07-19-2009 06:27 PM
    Hello I'm new to blogging. I find it difficult to get an answer to my questions. It seems you have to look at every "thread" to see if you question has an answer. Has anyone seen a loss of signal when using the incase slide battery case I don't know what to put in track back. Where are the descriptions of all there new words?
    08-01-2009 10:21 AM
    Hello I'm new to blogging. I find it difficult to get an answer to my questions. It seems you have to look at every "thread" to see if you question has an answer. Has anyone seen a loss of signal when using the incase slide battery case I don't know what to put in track back. Where are the descriptions of all there new words?
    I have never posted a track back you can just leave it blank.
    08-01-2009 10:30 AM
    Hi i am new here
    I have new hear this shearing is so hopeful
    08-01-2009 01:20 PM
    the antenna is on the back of the phone.

by putting anything with metal (batteries) or circuitry (modern batteries) next to it you're blocking the antenna and there's a chance for decreased signal strength
    08-01-2009 05:25 PM
    Anyone else having this issue? I have to hit the wake button three or four times to wake the phone. And when I do, the playback buttons and volume control appear briefly on screen before disappearing. This gas been going on for a couple days, and I'm pretty sure it's related to a noticeable battery life problem that's also cropped up.
    08-10-2009 06:48 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone else is running into this. When I use Voice Control with iPod, if I select "Next Song", randomly the audio gets cut off, and I can't hear any music. When I try to use VC again, I can hear the cue sound and the response back, but not other sounds after that. I have to reboot my 3GS to get it working again.

I also found that at certain times, the Voice Control will not respond back by voice at certain times. It just goes silent, and does the task I called for.
    08-11-2009 02:36 PM
    Anyone else having this issue? I have to hit the wake button three or four times to wake the phone. And when I do, the playback buttons and volume control appear briefly on screen before disappearing. This gas been going on for a couple days, and I'm pretty sure it's related to a noticeable battery life problem that's also cropped up.
    Try a full restart of the phone ( holding home and power at the same time until the apple logo appears ).

The ipod controls pop up when you double tap the home button.
    08-11-2009 02:56 PM
    My 3gs is great....

LEGO
    08-15-2009 02:06 PM
    My only problem is battery life. It drains really, really fast.
    08-29-2009 01:30 PM
    1. App icons are sometimes mismatched - fixed by removing, reinstalling
    2. Battery life...always, always battery life...
    09-03-2009 10:32 AM
    Yeah the battery can be annoying at times
    09-18-2009 12:46 PM
    I also have the problem of facebook randomely crashing and then it works fine and then it wont at all
    09-18-2009 12:49 PM
    I am having problems wit the keyboard click, can barely hear it. Anyone know how to correct this. I am on 3.1 firmware on a iphone 3gs.
    Please help, it is making me crazy.
    Last edited by troykistler; 09-19-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Mistyped
    09-19-2009 04:38 PM
    I am having problems wit the keyboard click, can barely hear it. Anyone know how to correct this. I am on 3.1 firmware on a iphone 3gs.
    Please help, it is making me crazy.
    Dont feel bad, i too noticed the keyboard clicks are softer then before the update to 3.1
    As far as i know there is no correction yet, that would have to be done in the next firmware update, along with the coma state fix that alot of people are having.

My advice to those that dont have 3.1 to WAIT tell the next version is out. This one is a bad one. My iphone 3G had been working great ever since i bought it back last year in Dec . and never JB it. Now after the 3.1 update my phone randomly just goes coma state with out any warning and have to do a hard reboot once a day.
    09-23-2009 11:26 AM
112 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD