Ok so I had to shake my phone since it's charging now to see if I'd get a noise of some sort and I didn't. Lol Yours is freaky.
    07-01-2009 12:53 AM
    couldn't resist, even though this is silly, I just shook my phone while it's charging. Nothing. hope you get it figured out, thats weird!
    07-01-2009 01:11 AM
    I live in an area with very good coverage and my radio will constantly drop to 1 bar and then looking for service. Reboot the phone in the same place and be at 5 bars. Anyone else have this?
    I've just had exactly the same thing occur to my 'phone! First time ever I've experienced "No Service"! My wife and I are both on O2 and there she is with her 10 year old Nokia with 5 bars and me with 1-1.5 if I'm lucky!!!
    07-01-2009 10:20 AM
    so far i'm enjoying my phone, but the battery does seem to drain faster than my old iphone. and when i charge with the provided charger, i never seem to get information about my useage since my last full charge, but when i use my old iphone charger, i will get that information.....

anybody else have this problem
    07-01-2009 05:49 PM
    Got a new 3gs two days ago, upgrading from 3g. Overall - all is well, but one thing drives me crazy. When comparing to 3g side by side, the screen looks a little washed-out, lacking contrast and, what seems like, wrong gamma setting. The black on the background of the springboard is not the "blackest" black. When comparing, I've set the same brightness levels on both phones, and 3gs just appears to be more bright, with less contrast. Anybody else noticing this, or do I have a replacement candidate? Once again, this is pretty much noticeable only when comparing to 3g side-by-side. Normally the colors just look a bit washed-up.
    07-02-2009 12:15 PM
    Has anyone noticed that when you let the battery run down to 0% (3GS), it no longer shows the dead battery screen when you press the wake button? It definitely did this on the 3G, dunno about the 2G, and I even found somewhere in the 3.0 manual where it said it could take up to 10 mins. for the dead battery screen to show, and I've waited 20 and still nothing.
    07-02-2009 12:17 PM
    I love my phone about 90% of the time, but it's been pretty prone to crashing since day 1; it happens most often while in apps like TweetDeck, though it's also happened when in native apps (Messenger, Calendar). Usually, the app just crashes and I have to reload the app and re-enter whatever it is that I was working on, but at times the entire phone freezes and needs a reboot. I hate to think I'm going to have to take this gorgeous piece of tech in and have it replaced, but I don't see this as an issue a patch can fix.
    07-02-2009 02:18 PM
    The 3GS is my first iPhone but I was wondering if this was expected behavior:

I had 3G, WiFi and GPS on. Was using RunKeeper (which tracks you by GPS while exercising) and by the end of about a 40 minute run, the thing felt very hot. The hottest it has been so far. I'm wondering if it even messed with the InvisibleShield I'm using.

Another possibly important fact: I'm in Phoenix and it was probably 95+ degrees F at the time I was running in the early evening. Maybe that affected it also?
    07-02-2009 02:47 PM
    I love my phone about 90% of the time, but it's been pretty prone to crashing since day 1; it happens most often while in apps like TweetDeck, though it's also happened when in native apps (Messenger, Calendar). Usually, the app just crashes and I have to reload the app and re-enter whatever it is that I was working on, but at times the entire phone freezes and needs a reboot. I hate to think I'm going to have to take this gorgeous piece of tech in and have it replaced, but I don't see this as an issue a patch can fix.
    Did you use a backup file to transfer your info to the 3GS or is this your first iPhone? If you transfered your data over from a backup file and are having these issues I'd say go ahead and restore the software and start as a fresh iPhone. Could be something in that backup file that is corrupt causing these crashing issues.
    07-02-2009 02:53 PM
    My camera app keeps freezing and when i look at photos if i try to scroll through them all the last few dont sharpen they just stay really blurry...is this typical? Sometimes when I try to turn it on it shows the play, rewind, fast button along with the unlocked slider. I usually have to restart to get it to all work right.
    07-02-2009 03:12 PM
    I use Push Mail on my 3GS to exchange and it appears to have no problems at all and all Apps are working fine. I did read somewhere that you need to select the option for this is a new phone in iTunes when you first sync. When i was running the beta on 3.0, setting up the phone as new got rid lots of issues i encountered.

My main issue is the battery life. I'm going to start a new thread on this issue as i believe there is a definite problem with certain batches.
    I dunno if I did this right but 3Gs battery life is awful. I contacted Apple they told me to return it. This would make the third one since June 20th. I haven't gone yet because I don't want to deal with the Genius bar because I don't think it's the phone I believe its the battery... ahh something like that.
    07-02-2009 03:50 PM
    Battery life is the worst. My 3G never went dead. The 3Gs went totally out in my pocket. I returned it, the Genius bar folks told me it was in spec's but I had them replace it. The second one is about the same, I contacted Apple they said to return it. I don't know what to think because I love the phone, I don't want to go to something else because of the battery.
    07-02-2009 03:55 PM
    The 3 GS is horrible compared to the 2 month old 3g I owned. I live in an area with very good coverage and my radio will constantly drop to 1 bar and then looking for service. Reboot the phone in the same place and be at 5 bars. Anyone else have this?
    I don't have the 3GS but I do have a 3G...and after updating to the 3.0 software I have noticed that my phone does this quite a bit.
    07-02-2009 04:35 PM
    When my external speaker is turned up I have noticed quite a bit more distortion on my 3GS over my 3G. Songs, ringing and alerts all sound distorted at higher volumes. I have read that the 3GS has a more powerfull speaker, but I think they may have just overdriven the existing speaker, causing distortion. Any one else notice this?
    07-02-2009 04:48 PM
    The 3 GS is horrible compared to the 2 month old 3g I owned. I live in an area with very good coverage and my radio will constantly drop to 1 bar and then looking for service. Reboot the phone in the same place and be at 5 bars. Anyone else have this?
    3G signal will show 5 bars, but when making a call it will fail right away. have to make several attempts to make a call. why will it not switch to Edge if the 3G signal is too week. even replaced my first 3GS and the second one is doing the same thing. I have to manually turn off 3G in my house to be able to receive and make calls with a decent signal.
    07-02-2009 05:45 PM
    AT&T will tell you that you should reboot your phone daily!
    Seriously?
    Two different Reps told me that...
    I laughed in their face.
    07-02-2009 07:39 PM
    Did you use a backup file to transfer your info to the 3GS or is this your first iPhone? If you transfered your data over from a backup file and are having these issues I'd say go ahead and restore the software and start as a fresh iPhone. Could be something in that backup file that is corrupt causing these crashing issues.
    Unfortunately this is my first iPhone--unjailbroken--and exactly as it came except for the invisibleshield.
    07-04-2009 01:30 AM
    Hi,

just got my new 3GS 32G last Friday.

Very cool toy, but I had to recharge fully 3 nights to get 3-4 hours total usage. Mostly wifi at my house. From a few dowloaded apps.

3G is Off.

I'm using a fake APN to disable "Edge" with Rogers.

Battery power went down quickly while phone was not in use.

Anyone seen this ?

Tks.

Regards,

Luc.
    07-06-2009 07:45 AM
    Hi,

just got my new 3GS 32G last Friday.

Very cool toy, but I had to recharge fully 3 nights to get 3-4 hours total usage. Mostly wifi at my house. From a few dowloaded apps.

3G is Off.

I'm using a fake APN to disable "Edge" with Rogers.

Battery power went down quickly while phone was not in use.

Anyone seen this ?

Tks.

Regards,

Luc.
    Short answer: no

Long answer: I would remove the fake APN tweak to see if that improves things, and any other tweak you may have added. Also, try resetting the device. If that does not help, then you should take the phone back and get it exchanged because it is defective.

Note: I have wifi, 3g, location services all enabled and screen brightness set to just a shade under the default, and I can get through a whole day of use without a problem, typically with 20% juice left at the end of the day. (I primarily use safari, the iPod and email most heavily, with the occasional game and lots of PIM and lengthy note-taking.) That's a significant improvement over my old 3G - at least 15% better, I would say.
    07-06-2009 08:46 AM

My iPhone 3GS started crashing today - twice. I never had this issue with the 3G (which I owned for appx 8 months). As well, I believe the crashes occured after watching videos I recorded. Odd.
    07-06-2009 11:19 PM
    AT&T will tell you that you should reboot your phone daily!
    Seriously?
    Two different Reps told me that...
    I laughed in their face.
    Nothing wrong with this advice. It clears memory etc and, if switched off overnight, will save on battery usage.
    07-07-2009 06:25 AM
    When I plug in a set of external speakers via the headphone jack, Voice Command always opens.
    07-07-2009 04:03 PM
    is it normal for the 3GS to just "Crash" ? I was on an app, and it wasnt working. So i pressed the home button, and it takes me to the screen. Then my phone crashes. and then it reboots.

is this normal?
    07-07-2009 05:41 PM
    hey how did u get the fake apn for ur iphone 3gs? i am gettin one soon and this info would be very helpful! thanks
    07-08-2009 02:32 AM
    hey how did u get the fake apn for ur iphone 3gs? i am gettin one soon and this info would be very helpful! thanks
    Hi,

Just try this simple web site:
    unlockit.co.nz

and follow instructions. Quick and easy.

Regards,

Luc.
    07-09-2009 07:42 AM
112 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD