I dont see an percentages on my battery meter....what gives
    Settings, General, Usage switch Battery Percent to On
    it's off by default.

I like it too.
    06-20-2009 08:56 PM
    Battery meter
    Volume control on the headphones as I wear mine at work constantly!
    Video recording
    06-20-2009 09:01 PM
    Landscape Keyboard in all apps. Texting is alot easier now
    06-20-2009 10:44 PM
    Compass in GPS
    Volume Support
    Voice Control
    06-20-2009 10:50 PM
    better speaker, upgraded from a first gen 8gb and it was terrible compared to this. Its loud and call quality is so much better!
    06-20-2009 11:06 PM
    I'm new to the iPhone. I bought an iPod Touch a few months ago to try out the iPhone experience, but it's still very new to me. When I got the iPod Touch I missed not having the camera or location-based functionality that the iPhone offered, so I'm happy to have that now. But there's still much for me to learn/experience, so it's a lot of fun doing that, since the UI is, for the most part, not a negative (I'm coming from a Palm OS Treo, so there are many things that don't seem as usable/efficient to me, but it's at least so much better in that regard than my past experiences with MS Windows Mobile phones).
    06-20-2009 11:09 PM
    tough one..

the speed
    landscape
    voice control

all sooo nice
    06-20-2009 11:33 PM
    a little thing would be..
    the oleophobic coating.
    For all of you talking about video recording, I think that's a BIG feature as it's one of the most touted features of the new iPhone.. >_> I think this topic is talking about little things that weren't announced to a wild applause.
    06-20-2009 11:44 PM
    I was on a jailbroken first gen before this. The only thing I really used the jailbreak for was the ability to toggle my battery meter to a percent view and I was really thinking I was going to miss this as I moved to the 3G S, so having it included was a very pleasant surprise!

But the one thing I love the most is a combination of OS 3.0 and the 3G S hardware - the "Open in new window" feature for links in Safari, coupled with the 3G S's RAM makes an explosive web browsing experience. This is the NUMBER ONE thing I wanted since day one, and there it is in all it's glory. I tested this by opening up seven web pages, including a javascript heavy page that used to ALWAYS crash Safari on OS 2.something. I think clicked a YouTube link from Safari, watched the clip and returned to all seven pages still sitting there waiting for me.

Wow. That is amazing, IMO.
    06-21-2009 12:15 AM
    The speed
    Battery Percentage Meter
    The quality video recording and ease of posting.
    06-21-2009 04:08 AM
    Settings, General, Usage switch Battery Percent to On
    it's off by default.

I like it too.
    Thanks man. this is my 1st iphone....lol. I guess i should explore it a lil more
    06-21-2009 05:07 AM
    in calendar i like the way you can call a number from the memos
    06-21-2009 08:08 PM
    It's all good to me.

The speed of everything (application loads & camera), video + editing + sending to YouTube, the remarkable camera + autofocus and also with the 3.0 software.
    06-21-2009 08:53 PM
    1. Battery meter
    2. Voice control
    3. Video!
    06-22-2009 02:26 PM
    1. The speed to sync. Seems to be 2x faster at least.
    2. Safari can hold more open tabs in memory without having to reload the page when you switch back to an older tab. On my 3G it almost always had to reload even if I only had 2 open tabs.
    06-22-2009 02:33 PM
    The speed of the 3GS and how 3.0 handles Java. This was the major problem when surfing. I used to turn it off but I don't need to anymore.
    06-23-2009 12:35 AM
    The video capability for sure.
    06-23-2009 01:31 PM
    I'm with Dyvim, safari retaining page memory without reloading is super convenient for me.
    06-23-2009 02:04 PM
    in calendar i like the way you can call a number from the memos
    HUGE upgrade for those of us with lots of conference calls to be on... Love this :o
    06-24-2009 08:09 AM
    I'm new to the iPhone. I bought an iPod Touch a few months ago to try out the iPhone experience, but it's still very new to me. When I got the iPod Touch I missed not having the camera or location-based functionality that the iPhone offered, so I'm happy to have that now. But there's still much for me to learn/experience, so it's a lot of fun doing that, since the UI is, for the most part, not a negative (I'm coming from a Palm OS Treo, so there are many things that don't seem as usable/efficient to me, but it's at least so much better in that regard than my past experiences with MS Windows Mobile phones).
    i totally agree. I have the same phone history and even got an ipod Touch before the new iphone like you. So much more smooth and user friendly than WM. so far the camera has impressed me the most. Pictures look pretty good!
    06-24-2009 09:55 AM
    My favorite little feature is the screen coating. Amazing how much better it is for fingerprints and junk. If you've owned the first two iphones, you know what i mean.

My favorite feature and main reason for upgrading is the speed though especially when browsing or just not having lag at typing, or bringing up the messaging app.

Video is close second.
    06-24-2009 11:26 AM
    I would have to say I like ALL of the upgrades, but the same has come to be the best part so far.
    06-24-2009 12:01 PM
    Video and Speed are my main 2 favs. But all of the upgrades are GREAT!!! I think for those who thought the iphone wasn't that great because it lacked certain things are not saying much now, because the 3g S does EVERYTHING the other phones do, but BETTER and FASTER!!!!!
    06-24-2009 08:38 PM
    Not a new feature but one that works that did not work on my 3G. I was never able to listen to my voicemail through the bluetooth on my Mercedes - the sound did not come through either the car or the handset. Now with the 3G S it comes right over the bluetooth. Wonder if it is a 3.0 improvement or a 3G S hardware thing.
    06-25-2009 12:20 PM
    I like the compass- it makes maps a great app.
    06-25-2009 03:56 PM
112 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD