Happy or Not Happy With Your iPhone 3GS?

Pleased with your iPhone 3G S?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
So this is my first iPhone. I also own the touch and have used that for a yr or two prior. While it is a significant step up from the touch, and the UI is loads of fun w re to apps, there are too many basics that re missing...better integration of info bewteen apps and the UI/better synergy, FLASH and background processing being the most glaring ommisions. Push tech is a half-assed move for a device that requires special pricing, data plans and comes w/o insurance. The hardware and wait and hype...I'm seriously tempted to step down to the 3G.

This is common knowledge... why would you make the purchase? You didn't even say "it's not as fast as I would have hoped" as that is something you'd need to try the phone out for, but "synergy, flash and background processing" are all known facts. This is a case of a consumer not doing their research.

Therefore, your vote is as valuable as dog poop. :)

Flash#IM

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Is this my first post? If so, hi all.

Ugraded from a 3G to 3Gs on the first day of availability in Oz. Also took the oportunity to dump one provider for another (we have 4 telcos here with the iphone). Porting the number and activation was painless and took about 20 mins. They even unlocked it for me on the spot. I nearly bought an unlocked one from Apple (you can do that here) but decided to get a plan and a free phone.

I has buyers remorse but now I'm pretty happy with the upgrade. More so when I pick up the old handset and see how much slower it is than the new one. Plus 32Gb will be nice. Compass may be handy but camera and video I probably won't use. Never did on the 3G. I carry a much better camera. Really happy to have volume controls on the headphone leads working (with my new inear headphones). We also get a better deal than many countries re costs as all the Telcos sell the iphone. I'm getting unlimited calls and text, 1.5GB data, tethering, MMS etc for AUD99 (USD78.00) per month. So I can cancel my USB 3G dongle as well and save another $40 per month. I just hope that I get enough for my 3G on ebay to pay for the contract break with my old provider.

Gordon

70gsrick

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
First post. Just got the 3G s 16GB White today. Upgraded from my 3G and it is without a doubt faster than the old one. Very happy so far everything works perfect.

subie09lega

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I had a first gen iPhone and looked forward to the improved performance of the 3GS. I was happy with the improvements and then I pulled out my old phone (now basically an 8GB iPod Touch) last night to check an email as I'd already powered down my new phone. The difference is so much more apparent now. EVERYTHING is so much smoother, quicker. Very glad I made the switch.

kpurcell

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I am quite happy with my new iphone. I bought an ipod touch a few weeks earlier and loved it so much that I knew I had to have an iphone. When the 3gs was announced I ordered it immediately paying about 175 bucks to leaven verizon. NOw that I have used it on AT&T for a week and a half, I love the hardware, as I knew I would, but HATE AT&T!! The coverage in our area is Edge and when I say edge I mean on the edge of edge. Sometimes it feels like I'm running a 2400 baud modem again. The signal was horrible on our family trip along the Blue Ridge parkway today. But my wife and son who have Verizon still almost never lost signal. And my Mifi device was the only way I could get online at times to tweet some nice pics of Mt. Mitchell. I asked when 3G was coming to the Hickory NC area and they said October. So four months with this network is going to kill me. My mifi will be on my only salvation many times.

Secondly, I had a windows mobile device. Copy and paste is so much easier in winmo. Multi tasking? Why can't something this good and feature rich do something so simple. Come on Apple. This is computing 101. But other than AT&T and that one minor thing (funky copy/paste - how did you people do this for 2 years with any copy paste at all?) and one major thing (multitasking apps) I am very happy. Whoops also forgot the complaint most of us have about AT&T. No insurance and no mms.

wesdavies

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Could not be happier with the 3GS, it's just so much faster and smoother than my old 3G. I bought it on launch day and it puts my old 3G to shame. Battery life is significantly better, too.

Better camera
Video recording and editing
Voice control

What's not to like?

forte831

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Really like it alot had the 3g for about a month an returned to get the 3gs.

Like thE speed especially offline just moving around the phone. The video and camerea are so much better too.

Fmrnyer32

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I have had gen 1, iphone 3g and now the 3gs, i am very happy with my iphone, finally and well i really want mms but att need to get in gear with that!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
141 to 12 (one user posted No instead of Yes)... and I haven't seen many of the 12 respond to this thread. :-/

chadizze

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I am totally going through withdraw! I sent my phone back yesterday for replacement! Glad Apple is finally fixing my issues but I hate not havin my phone! Got so used to it. Hopefully just a few days!

VagrantHarmonist

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I cant even express the amount of love i have for this device! I thought i'd just be drinking the kool aid and loving it because everyone else did but I am effing happy with wut i've purchased. No problems, fast, and everything I could ever want is at my fingertips at all times! A+++++ I'm super in love. AMAZING :) Haven't put it down since I got it. ha ha :)