Happy or Not Happy With Your iPhone 3GS?

Pleased with your iPhone 3G S?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Exactly what the title says... all those who received their 3G S, was the wait and/or price worth it? Are you happy, sad, mad, glad, no thoughts yet, or other?

Voice your thoughts here!

P.S. There was a four person line for the pre-orders (I got there at 7:10am)

nyknicks4412

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
There was a 3 person line at the ATT store I was at. I am happy with it. I sold my 3g on ebay unlocked for 550$ and used an upgrade on our family line to get the 32gb 3gs for 299$. 250$ and a new phone with new features was definitely worth it in my case and a no brainer! I am not sure if I would have spent anything above 400$ to get the phone but I love the new camera and the speed on the 3gs is definitely a lot better. The lag time when switching between things like apps and the phone and stuff is a lot less...I will update again once I play with it some more.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Glad to hear that. I did notice how fast it was w/o even going into apps. The response time from flipping screens, using home key to quickly go to the search as well as waking it up from sleep and sliding to unlock.

I haven't taken mine out since the store. I really want BeeJive to update before I start using it.

Asher Rainey

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
Picked mine up at the Apple store in Boca Raton this morning, was about 20 in line around 5am, got pulled to front of line at 7 because of reserved phone and by the time I left line was close to 150 people!

All in all, I think it was worth the purchase simply to have the battery meter give me a percentage, seriously, 200 dollars was worth it for that reason alone!

nyknicks4412

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
haha I like the battery meter too...

I hear you on BeeJive as well I am a little disappointed that a lot of the apps arent updated or ready for 3.0? Are there any updated for Push Notifications?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I believe it is being done on purpose.

IM apps that were submitted a long time ago (especially AIM; BeeJive a week I believe) and ESPN score center. I guess Apple wants to make sure the activations go as smooth as possible then releasing them.

The dumbest apps have them approved.

tkd27

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I love mine, but I also upgraded from a first gen, so it was quite a jump. You're right, Duvi, just switching through screens on the springboard feels faster. Scrolling through lists, too. Loading the Sims was insane! That's where I could REALLY see the speed. Wow. I love my 3G S :)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Glad you're happy with the purchase. I don't really play games, but was thinking of trying that out as well as the Metal Gear one.

EU4IC

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I got to the At&t store around 8 and there was a short line of about 5 people by then, I got pushed to the front though because of my preorder. Got my info moved to the 3G S, got my girlfriend hooked up on the 3G. Out the door in 15 minutes.

Was cool though because Brendan Haywood (NBA player) was sitting next to me getting his 3G S :D

jtw3

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks. I'm new here. My iPhone 3GS is on the FedEx truck right now, and should be here soon. I'm porting from Verizon.

Question - How long does the phone take to charge and activate? And should I go ahead and apply the Invisible Shield before I plug it in? I'm paranoid about scratches, but I know I'll want to play with it. Still, the Invisible Shield is supposed to take 12-24 hours to fully set.

Thanks in advance!

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Loving my iphone...there were approximately 5 people in line when my fiance' and I arrived at 6:15. About ten more arrived prior to 7:00am. The whole process took about 15 minutes once we were in the store.

Bye, Bye Sprint!!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Mine was delivery 5 minutes ago! I tore into the box and soiled my pants. After a change of underwear, I opened the box and held it in my hand. First impression was...WOW! There isnt much excitment that I usually feel for new mobiles that I get since this one is identical to my 3G.

And I cant get past the activation screen cause I dont have ATT! Where is my Jailbreak!

I am sure it will be awesome once I play with it and get it past the activation screen! I got the white model and I love it more than my black 3G. White looks sexier!

gfenn11

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I just got mine at 9:20 Central, And I absolutely LOVE it!! I upgraded from my first gen, so it's quite a big step up for me! I just wish my case was here already!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks. I'm new here. My iPhone 3GS is on the FedEx truck right now, and should be here soon. I'm porting from Verizon.

Question - How long does the phone take to charge and activate? And should I go ahead and apply the Invisible Shield before I plug it in? I'm paranoid about scratches, but I know I'll want to play with it. Still, the Invisible Shield is supposed to take 12-24 hours to fully set.

Thanks in advance!

Speaking of Invisible Shield...

Does it have that same problem with getting a CRAP load of dust stuck to the edges? I had mine on for a whopping 2 days before I couldnt stand the fuzz and took it off! 30 bucks wasted.

eratanun

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Speaking of Invisible Shield...

Does it have that same problem with getting a CRAP load of dust stuck to the edges? I had mine on for a whopping 2 days before I couldnt stand the fuzz and took it off! 30 bucks wasted.

That was the problem i had with it on my blackberry... I got a free one back then though, as a friend of mine worked for the firm that brought the company public. I wouldn't get one for the 3GS seeing as how it comes with the coating on the screen... on the back, I'll have a leather cover for it.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
There was a 3 person line at the ATT store I was at. I am happy with it. I sold my 3g on ebay unlocked for 550$ and used an upgrade on our family line to get the 32gb 3gs for 299$. 250$ and a new phone with new features was definitely worth it in my case and a no brainer! I am not sure if I would have spent anything above 400$ to get the phone but I love the new camera and the speed on the 3gs is definitely a lot better. The lag time when switching between things like apps and the phone and stuff is a lot less...I will update again once I play with it some more.

I am currently selling mine. I will be happy if I get $350 for it, but no bites on Ebay yet (it is still locked, since I don't have access to an Apple PC).

Chris

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Thanks in advance!

I would say to put it on first. My issue is that I become too lazy and end up using it for a while without a shield. I'm lucky because I never drop or scratch it. Others aren't so lucky and/or careful.

jtw3

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the quick responses. It was too enticing not to set up and play with. I'll set up the Shield overnight in a few days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73