Happy or Not Happy With Your iPhone 3GS?

Pleased with your iPhone 3G S?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I"M SOO HAPPY WITH MINE!!!! I got to my at&t store this morning and it was 10 of us and we were in at 7am and all 10 of us were out and activated and smiling by 7:45am.

mfiera

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Got to the ATT&T store at 8:30 and was out by 9...only problem at the store was that they could not transfer my contacts after having upgraded my 1st generation Iphone to 3.0 OS..weird but whatever. Ran home and waited thru the restore from backup..that took about 45 minutes. Now I'm running the sync..and then I can finally spend some quality time exploring the phone itself.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Very happy. Screaming fast... very solid unlike other devices... that CPU and double the ram really improved the device 10 fold.

And if you are not happy... please post why... just don't vote...

tkd27

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The Sims was fun the first day, but I haven't really played it since. I actually loaded it a few times today just because watching it load is so much fun... as in, seeing the increase in speed. On my old phone the Sims took a long time, but now... wow. If you want to do a comparison of the two phones for speed, load this game on both. It's worth it just for that... lol...

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I would be happier if AT&T could activate my phone. iTunes reports that it could take up to 48 hours do to server load. In the mean time I have a $500 very fast iPod Touch. At least my 3G still functions as a phone until the activation goes through.

baneonrt

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with my new 32GB 3Gs. Aside from a key lock bug. Not sure if a factory restore would fix it or not but I don't want to lose my settings so I'll just not use key lock for now.

Anyway, the biggest bonus for me so far is I get full 3G signal at my desk at work now. My first gen iPhone got 2 bars and 3 if I held it just right standing on one foot with my tongue sticking out.

Steve

tkd27

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Anyway, the biggest bonus for me so far is I get full 3G signal at my desk at work now. My first gen iPhone got 2 bars and 3 if I held it just right standing on one foot with my tongue sticking out.

Steve

That's funny, actually. I also notice I'm getting better service at my house now that I upgraded. I was on a first gen, too. I don't know if it's an issue with the radio from the first gen or a difference with 3G (I don't think 3G affects my call signal, though), but it's nice :)

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm upgrading from an original iPhone, kinda disappointed. I liked the metal back/glass front of the old one, my fingers don't slide as easily on the new phone since its plastic. It's also bigger, and the screen doesn't seem as nice, the white are more yellowish than before. I really don't need the GPS or 3G, only upgraded because I needed more memory space. Can't really tell a significant difference in speed, but I don't use mine for gaming.

mfiera

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Maybe somebody can help me out with the first problem I've encountered. I switched from a 1st gen to the new phone. When at home I always pull from my home WiFi...now this new phone seems to constantly switch back and forth between the 3G and my home WiFi...I am trying to download a video podcast and I'm having trouble because the WiFi keeps being pushed out by the 3G...any ideas??

tkd27

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
@mfiera, If you're getting a stronger 3G signal than WiFi your phone will switch you to the 3G. If it's really bothersome you can disable the 3G while you're at home by going to SETTINGS > GENERAL > NETWORK > ENABLE 3G

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the screen is plastic. I think it is still glass (thank God). It has a new coating on it to help with the smudging.

At first it seemed the phone would not activate nor would it stay connected to wifi. But I simply turned the phone off and back on and it found AT&T and the wifi prob has gone away.

Everthing I do on this phone seems much much faster. Loading games and loading webpages even typing is snappier!!!

The video and still camera is great!

O thought that google maps was supposed to reorient itself based on the way you were facing???

All in all I am very happy I upgraded!!!

mfiera

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
@mfiera, If you're getting a stronger 3G signal than WiFi your phone will switch you to the 3G. If it's really bothersome you can disable the 3G while you're at home by going to SETTINGS > GENERAL > NETWORK > ENABLE 3G

Thanks...BUT that didn't work either..now it's showing Edge and doing the same thing...I've never had a problem holding on to my Wifi at home before..very weird the WiFi shows for a bit then switches to 3G or now Edge.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
O thought that google maps was supposed to reorient itself based on the way you were facing???!
You have to tap that location button in the lower left corner twice to get it to orient to heading. It doesn't seem very accurate while I'm standing in my home office, but I hope it will be better when I'm driving around in my car (the GPS can provide heading info as well then while I'm in motion).

Apps don't seem that much faster to me. I think it's because they mostly run now at the speed I always wanted them to run at (rather than having an annoying lag), but it's not like I think they're loading fast ... just faster. But I am really happy with the speed of web page loading and rendering in Safari. That alone makes the upgrade worth it.

Actually the 32 GB of space alone would have made the upgrade worth it. (I'm one of those suckers who would have bought a 32 GB iPhone 3G back in say Feb 2009 just like I bought a 16 GB EDGE iPhone in Feb 2008 even though my 8 GB iPhone was only 3 months old at that point).

Pretty excited to test out the still and video cameras taking pics and vids of my son and family this weekend, esp. for Father's Day. Guess I got my present early this year!:D

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I was lucky that I got in touch with a store manager at 11am this morning and asked if she had any 3GS's left. She had 1 black one left and was kind enough to hold it for me since I work 5 minutes away. I was going to wait and activate it after I got off work because I wasn't sure how to get all my folders syncing with it like I do my Bold. But I decided to make the full jump and activated it on my Exchange server while walking out to my car and figured out how to sync the folders before I left my car.

So far I like it but time will tell because I sync 3 Imap accounts along with my Exchange server and I don't know how the battery is going to take to that much. I know my Bold wasn't happy with it and sucked the battery down nice and quick. I haven't sync'd with iTunes yet because that's on my home computer and since my wife's iPhone 3G sync's with the same computer, I need to make sure I'm going to get her songs mixed up with mine.

I do REALLY like the screen though, one swipe across my pant leg and it was clean as new again, my wife hates cleaning her's because of her makeup. (hahaha)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
@dyvim. Thanks! That is a very very cool function. It seemed to be pretty acurate for me at my home. Thanks again!

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
That is a very very cool function. It seemed to be pretty acurate for me at my home. Thanks again!
It is a very cool function. It's the one thing Maps was missing to make it a poor man's GPS solution (if you don't want to pay big bucks for a real GPS navigation app or have to pay a monthly fee for shovel ware). If I can mount my iPhone in a car holder and disable Auto-Lock, set screen brightness at full, and have it charging via a car charger (and playing tunes via aux-in cable), I can use Maps to help me navigate in my car (it was a bit confusing in the past without the orient to heading feature).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2