Iphone 3GS VoiceOver

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
Was looking over Apple's VoiceOver description here (apple.com/iphone/iphone-3g-s/accessibility.html) and was thinking of something that could be incredibly cool. Since the Iphone can understand what you're saying to find contacts/songs, wouldn't it be amazing to extend that capability into a speech-to-text type application. Instead of typing out an SMS, I could simply speak it and have it written out for me. Instead of writing out an email or note, I could simply speak it into my phone. "Jott.com" does pretty much the same thing.

Also, I would love the iphone to be able to READ text back to me. For example, I'm driving my car and want to read ESPN's recap of the Braves game last night. Rather than waiting to read it when I've left my car, I could highlight the text from the article (maybe?) and have it read back to me thru my car's speakers.

Would that not be incredible? Could some third-party app pull this off? A jailbreak app perhaps?

mwg3c

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, never even heard of that. Does it read back text to you too? It seems like it's just another version of the Google Mobile App (allowing you to search by speaking), with a couple extras thrown in.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, never even heard of that. Does it read back text to you too? It seems like it's just another version of the Google Mobile App (allowing you to search by speaking), with a couple extras thrown in.

Nope... it doesn't do all the things you mentioned. The BlackBerry version does.

iPhone version does:
Initiate calls to anyone in your address book.
Search for anything through Yahoo! or Google in one step.
Look up and map local listings.
Update Facebook and Twitter status updates without typing.

BlackBerry version does:
Search the Web
Dial your phone
Update Twitter and Facebook Status
Create "Notes to Self"
Open 3rd Party and Native BlackBerry Applications
Send Text Messages to Contacts who have Vlingo for BlackBerry
Reply to Text Messages from Contacts who have Vlingo for BlackBerry
Send Text Messages to any Contact***
Reply & Forward Text Messages to any Contact***
Send Emails to any Contact***
Reply and Forward any Email***

*** $17.99 one-time after trial.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
With microsoft sync In a ford car you can do this with your iPhone while driving and it does everything you said like it will talk out the texts you get and you can talk them back

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2