When I get online (Apple's website), their site will not let me pass the step where it has recognized my AT&T account and gives me my proposed discounts. The next page says "There was an error processing your request, please try again later". Well I've tried again later 3 times, and it still doesn't work. Little help?
    06-08-2009 07:03 PM
    Try calling in your order... expect a long wait time though. People are flooding Apple's site, that's the reason for the error.
    06-08-2009 07:03 PM
    thank much, kinda thought that was the situation, didn't know if it was AT&T's problem after all the anti-AT&T talk I saw blogged about today.
    06-08-2009 07:06 PM
    Been on hold for 45 minutes after getting the same error. PS check your email - I got the following message:
    Thanks for starting your iPhone purchase online. To finish the process, come to the store you selected and look for a Concierge in an orange shirt. We'll help you complete your purchase, activate your new iPhone, and set it up for you.
    However, I never got a chance to specify either a model or a store location
    06-08-2009 07:40 PM
    Calling in is not going to help you. I finally got to a rep after 50 minutes on hold. He told me that there was a ticket in about the error and that it affected internal ordering as well - they get the same error message. His suggestion was to wait until tomorrow and hopefully the error will be fixed.
    06-08-2009 07:41 PM
    Luckily I placed my order as soon as they allowed pre-orders on Apple's site. I'm sure it will be up and running in a few hours.
    06-08-2009 07:52 PM
    currently on hold and if it's not worth it I will hang up thanks.
    06-08-2009 07:55 PM
    Same issue. Now on hold 56 minutes. This is getting stupid.
    06-08-2009 08:14 PM
    The apple.com iphone "buy" page now shows an error message:

This page is currently down for maintenance.

Please check back later. Thank you for your patience.
    06-08-2009 08:31 PM
    When I get online (Apple's website), their site will not let me pass the step where it has recognized my AT&T account and gives me my proposed discounts. The next page says "There was an error processing your request, please try again later". Well I've tried again later 3 times, and it still doesn't work. Little help?
    I got that message four times between 6pm and 7pm edt.

Now, I get:

"This page is currently down for maintenance.

Please check back later. Thank you for your patience." on https://buyiphone.apple.com/down.html
    06-08-2009 08:35 PM
    thank much, kinda thought that was the situation, didn't know if it was AT&T's problem after all the anti-AT&T talk I saw blogged about today.
    Well, I am no fan of AT&T Wireless. However, Apple had a choice. It was no secret that AT&T was and is capacity limited. Note that of all the carriers with whom Apple has agreements, AT&T has the the most restrictive policies. They have had since the day one. They are also two years behind Verizon in rolling out 4G. That is why there is so much excitement about any rumor that Verizon might get the iPhone. Of course, since Verizon is CDMA, that only solves a part of the problem. However, if, as one might expect, all those who only care about domestic service desert to Verizon, that should reduce the load on AT&T. As it stands, new iPhones appear to be consuming AT&T capacity faster than they are rolling it out.

AT&T's only hope of getting ahead of the curve is to roll out 4G but that only helps if a large portion of iPhone users, us, upgrade to phones with new radiios. iPhone success may be the death of AT&T.
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-08-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    06-08-2009 08:59 PM
    In response to trying to order, I have received the following from Apple:

"Dear WILLIAM,

Thanks for starting your iPhone purchase online. To finish the process, come to the store you selected and look for a Concierge in an orange shirt. We'll help you complete your purchase, activate your new iPhone, and set it up for you. Find a store Make sure to bring these items with you:
    A valid, government-issued photo ID
    Your Social Security number
    A debit or credit card
    We look forward to seeing you.
    The Apple Retail Store team."

Of course, the whole purpose of trying to order online was to avoid standing in line one more time at a store. The last two times I have has to go to three stores in search of inventtory. This time I thought that I had broken the code.
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-08-2009 at 09:09 PM.
    06-08-2009 09:04 PM
    Ta Daa!

"Thank you for your order.

Were processing it now. You will receive an email confirmation shortly."

Any bets on whether or not I get my e-Mail?
    06-08-2009 09:32 PM
    Ta Daa!

"Thank you for your order.

Were processing it now. You will receive an email confirmation shortly."

Any bets on whether or not I get my e-Mail?
    You'll get it. It took mine about 10-15 minutes before the email finally got to me. It will get there....
    06-08-2009 09:37 PM
    It took over an hour for my confirmation email to come through after I finally was successful at placing my order.
    06-08-2009 09:38 PM
    It took over an hour for my confirmation email to come through after I finally was successful at placing my order.
    Man, and I thought it took a long time for mine
    06-08-2009 09:39 PM
    still can't get through on the website. This is soooooo frustrating!!!!!
    06-08-2009 09:56 PM
    In response to trying to order, I have received the following from Apple:

"Dear WILLIAM,

Thanks for starting your iPhone purchase online. To finish the process, come to the store you selected and look for a Concierge in an orange shirt. We'll help you complete your purchase, activate your new iPhone, and set it up for you. Find a store Make sure to bring these items with you:
    A valid, government-issued photo ID
    Your Social Security number
    A debit or credit card
    We look forward to seeing you.
    The Apple Retail Store team."

Of course, the whole purpose of trying to order online was to avoid standing in line one more time at a store. The last two times I have has to go to three stores in search of inventtory. This time I thought that I had broken the code.
    I got this message too, wonder why WE have to go to the store???
    Last edited by bluphi93; 06-08-2009 at 11:15 PM.
    06-08-2009 09:56 PM
    I just completed ordering my new #Gs 32gb black IPhone !!!
    06-09-2009 12:42 AM
    You'll get it. It took mine about 10-15 minutes before the email finally got to me. It will get there....
    Ten hours. Still waiting for e-mail.
    06-09-2009 08:27 AM
    I just had the same experience. Tried to reserve it and got the error message after entering my ID. I thought nothing of it, until I got the email as described above.

I don't mind that they can't take orders due to overcrowding on the servers, I mind that apparently I placed an order, and don't know it, yet nothing shows up in my order history to cancel. If anyone has gotten through to the CS reps, do you know if the email is simply incorrect, or do we all really have random reservations at some Apple Store not of our choosing?

My favorite part after all this is the fine print at the bottom of the email saying that actually having a reservation doesn't reserve you anything, and sales are still first-come-first-served. So I'll be on line at 5AM anyway. Gee, thanks.
    06-09-2009 10:36 AM
    You can now order directly from AT&T, also for delivery by the 19th and free shipping. Their sight worked great.
    06-09-2009 04:21 PM
    Over on Howard Forums someone figured out the fix.
    Log in to your AT&T online account manager (OLAM) and remove "Family messaging unlimited."
    Then go place your order.
    Then go re-add family messaging unlimited.

The error is because Apple's site doesn't understand the family messaging plan on your line. Remove it and it clears up the problem for pretty much everyone.
    06-09-2009 04:21 PM
    I went through the Apple Site to Pre-Order Monday night. I then set on hold for 2.5 hours on the phone to confirm my pre-order beacuse the site was locking up. I never got through to talk to some one my call was disconnected when they closed. The next morning I recieved the email from Apple. However I saw the message at the fine print at the bottom of the email "saying that actually having a reservation doesn't reserve you anything, and sales are still first-come-first-served" and got concerned since I wont be able to make it to the store until after lunch. I called Apple and they basically told me that the pre-order is just to get a rough count of how many phones they need to order and to get there early because they will be sold first come first serve regardless of reservation. I then went to AT&T and talked to them. I was able to pre-order and pay for my new iphone 3G S 16GB black and will be able to pick it up at the store on Friday when I get their. I am currently not an AT&T customer I have been waiting for my Sprint contract to expire.
    06-11-2009 10:53 AM
    Ten hours. Still waiting for e-mail.
    It did finally come but it was more than thirty hours.
    06-11-2009 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD