Ordered my iPhone 3Gs - how about you? *Apple is now shipping*

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
iTunes also reports that it is unable to activate my phone due to load. May take up to 48 hours. I am upgrading at home from a 3G. So for now my 3GS is a fast iPod Touch and my old 3G still has phone service.

In the mean time, I've played around with it a little bit and now I'm configuring settings and syncing over some of my media and apps. (I've elected to try and not recover from a backup of my 3G although I may change my mind about that later.)

subie09lega

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmm

So I printed the release form and left it on my door since I'd be at work when they attempted delivery. Well, the driver didn't feel comfortable leaving it at my door so he rescheduled delivery for Monday. Luckily, his supervisor called and left a message about the situation and they want to get it delivered today. Nice touch. Now I just need to wait for him to call after I leave work so I can get it from him before I leave town for the weekend.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
@DoubleM- I think that might work for new line activations.
I'm transfering my line (upgrade) from my old iPhone to my new one, and doing the SIM eject trick doesn't help.
But just putting my old SIM into my new phone worked like a charm (until AT&T finally gets around to activating it, in which case I'll switch it back).

buirus

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Dammit! Wifey got her iphone but not me. I guess I will have to wait until Monday or longer (because I cannot get in touch with my ATT small business rep so I have no idea when its coming).

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
@DoubleM- I think that might work for new line activations.
I'm transfering my line (upgrade) from my old iPhone to my new one, and doing the SIM eject trick doesn't help.
But just putting my old SIM into my new phone worked like a charm (until AT&T finally gets around to activating it, in which case I'll switch it back).
Actually, i was upgrading from an original iphone, the eject trick worked for me.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Be ready to swap back when that one turns into a brick.
Had to switch back this am from my old SIM card to the one that came with my iPhone 3GS. The indication that I got was "no service." I had expected, "Not authorized, emergency calls only." I have spent the w/e in a marginal service area so at first I thought that perhaps I really did not have service.

I am using my Verizon Aircard right next to my AT&T iPhone. I would consider the service on both to be marginal but Verizon is better than AT&T. While Verizon is at two bars, mostly EV-DO Rev A, AT&T ranges from "no service" to signal with no bars, to bars with no data, to Edge, to 3G. Nothing lasts long and the connection is very fragile.

Of course home coverage trumps everything else and I get good AT&T and Verizon signals at home.

Last edited:

buirus

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone received their iPhone today?

So I am still waiting for my iphone which I ordered through ATT on the 10th. I have tried to contact my small business rep multiple times now but with no luck. i cannot get a tracking # or confirmation. Sometimes I really do hate ATT.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
So I am still waiting for my iphone which I ordered through ATT on the 10th. I have tried to contact my small business rep multiple times now but with no luck. i cannot get a tracking # or confirmation. Sometimes I really do hate ATT.

One must not disparage Ma Bell. It isn't done.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
FINALLY! Gots mine today and

and

and

and can't.stop.messing.with.iphone.must.stop.typing.and.play.with.3.G.s .....................

modset

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
New soon-to-be iphoner

Hello all- first post here. I have a quick question. It may have been answered before. I did a search but couldn't find anything. Anyways, I ordered new service and a 16Gb 3Gs yesterday and was wondering what the turn around time is on recieving the phone. Has anyone had experience going this route and how long did it take before you recieved your 3Gs?
Thanks in advance!

rsandlas

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I am also wanting for my iphone to be delivered, i know how you feel, but i bought the iphone on the 26th oh June and FedEx say it will be here(att&t retail store) tomorrow before 3 pm , lets how that turns out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim