Ordered my iPhone 3Gs - how about you? *Apple is now shipping*

irvingc

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I ordered the afternoon of June 8 on apple.com. The shipment made it to Kentucky and now it's waiting until the "requested" delivery date, presumably Friday.
lucky you. for some reason i dragged my feet and ordered it last night at 11. as soon as i got on this forum, i regretted waiting.

subie09lega

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
lucky you. for some reason i dragged my feet and ordered it last night at 11. as soon as i got on this forum, i regretted waiting.

It was pretty much an impulse buy. I've got a 2G and wanted to get a 3G but decided to see what the new model would bring with it. When I saw it was available for pre-order I quickly placed the order. Don't need a new phone as mine works fine but I'm looking forward to having 3G network access and the updated internals. Now what to do with my 2G....???????????

irvingc

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
It was pretty much an impulse buy. I've got a 2G and wanted to get a 3G but decided to see what the new model would bring with it. When I saw it was available for pre-order I quickly placed the order. Don't need a new phone as mine works fine but I'm looking forward to having 3G network access and the updated internals. Now what to do with my 2G....???????????
send it to me?!?!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Louisville,
Ky, Us 06/17/2009 5:35 A.m. The Receiver Requested A Hold For A Future Delivery Date. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On Date Requested
06/17/2009 4:03 A.m. The Package Is Being Held For Future Delivery. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On The Date Requested
06/17/2009 2:06 A.m. Arrival Scan
06/17/2009 2:02 A.m. The Receiver Requested A Hold For A Future Delivery Date. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On Date Requested
Anchorage,
Ak, Us 06/16/2009 6:52 P.m. Departure Scan

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Mine switched over to "Prepared for Shipment" late yesterday afternoon. Still no shipping info, but I'm feeling confident for a promised Friday delivery date. In the meantime I'm looking forward to OS 3.0 and an UltraSn0w unlock for my current iPhone 3G.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Louisville,
Ky, Us 06/17/2009 5:35 A.m. The Receiver Requested A Hold For A Future Delivery Date. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On Date Requested
06/17/2009 4:03 A.m. The Package Is Being Held For Future Delivery. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On The Date Requested
06/17/2009 2:06 A.m. Arrival Scan
06/17/2009 2:02 A.m. The Receiver Requested A Hold For A Future Delivery Date. Ups Will Attempt Delivery On Date Requested
Anchorage,
Ak, Us 06/16/2009 6:52 P.m. Departure Scan
I assume that the "Receiver" is Apple and that the "Future Date" is 6/19 but the whole procedure is misleading and awkward.

arimanius#IM

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I preorder through an ATT store since my wife and I both wanted an Iphone(our first ones) and my tracking also says the receiver requested a hold.

Since our phones are being delivered to a store they have to deliver them before the 19th. So maybe there's hope that you guys getting them shipped to your houses will get them tomorrow.

sswbrn

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I ordered from Apple on the 8th. I am still stuck at prepared for shipment. I called Apple this morning and the CS person told me that my shipment was coming from a US location and would be shipped tomorrow overnight. Apple is still saying it will be here by the 19th.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I ordered from Apple on the 8th. I am still stuck at prepared for shipment. I called Apple this morning and the CS person told me that my shipment was coming from a US location and would be shipped tomorrow overnight. Apple is still saying it will be here by the 19th.

Well I sure hope thats the case for me.. I ordered mine on the 14th and its still saying prepared to be shipped..

subie09lega

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent order with Apple.

Our records indicate that your iPhone 3G S pre-order has shipped.

Our carrier's website may have displayed an incorrect delivery
date for your order. However, we expect your iPhone order to be
delivered on time on June 19, 2009.

You can view the most up-to-date status of your order at
apple.com/orderstatus

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store Team

Answers to many Apple Online Store questions can be found at
online Help: store.apple.com/us/help

arimanius#IM

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My tracking just updated to departure scan and scheduled delivery date of the 18th.

Now I did preorder through a local ATT store(crossing fingers for a short line) but maybe you guys will get your phone tomorrow.

DALLAS/FT. WORTH A/P,TX, US 06/17/2009 1:24 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
DALLAS,TX, US 06/17/2009 7:00 A.M. THE RECEIVER REQUESTED A HOLD FOR A FUTURE DELIVERY DATE. UPS WILL ATTEMPT DELIVERY ON DATE REQUESTED / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

irvingc

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I ordered on the 12th...still "in progress" when I check the status.I was having problems ordering from Apple so I did it from AT&T.

i ordered from premier... just got off the phone with them. premier has a seperate inventory from the rest of att. this is all according to the customer service rep. he was able to check the status of mine even tho it still says pending on the website. he said it will be shipped on the 18th and will be to my house on the 19th. this is just an fyi for those of you who are waiting to hear anything and you ordered from premier. dont know if this has already been covered somewhere.

subie09lega

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Looks like Apple and UPS are backpedaling with the estimated delivery date issue. The exception notification is now gone from the shipment status on ups.com and now it only says that it's arrived in Louisville, KY:
LOUISVILLE,KY, US 06/17/2009 2:06 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

CLASSIC