Ordered my iPhone 3Gs - how about you? *Apple is now shipping*

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Not eligible for an early upgrade until December 12. Like others, the added functionality/storage capacity doesn't warrant a premium upgrade. I'll continue to monitor and make a decision by December. Who knows. By that point, an iPhone may be announced for VZW.

Mushy2012

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Just walked into local att store and ordered my 32gb! The rep said they might open early on the 19the just for peeps who preordered. Its nice tpy know I can just stroll in and grab one. I guess this is a new thing att is doing this year.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just walked into local att store and ordered my 32gb! The rep said they might open early on the 19the just for peeps who preordered. Its nice tpy know I can just stroll in and grab one. I guess this is a new thing att is doing this year.

According to AT&T their stores will open at 7:00 am on the 19th for pre-orders.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
So basically here in the US, we don't get MMS for 3.0, that's misleading, more like around when the 3.2 update comes out..

That may not be true. Blogs are reporting that the MMS issue is entirely due to the need for AT&T employees to manually adjust iPhone users' accounts with the proper code. Seems excessive in this age of supercomputers.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
That may not be true. Blogs are reporting that the MMS issue is entirely due to the need for AT&T employees to manually adjust iPhone users' accounts with the proper code. Seems excessive in this age of supercomputers.

The 3.0 GM doesn't add back the MMS picture icon to the text messages, so I guess they will send a carrier update down the line when at&t says they are ready.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
tried to order. site says I am eligable. but when I get to almost the last screen an unexpected error keeps popping up????

rayjh

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
tried to order. site says I am eligable. but when I get to almost the last screen an unexpected error keeps popping up????
I get the same error. I get emails though saying
Thanks for starting your iPhone purchase online. To finish the process, come to the store you selected and look for a Concierge in an orange shirt. We'll help you complete your purchase, activate your new iPhone, and set it up for you.

Thing is - I didn't even specify what model I want or which store I want to pick it up at. Tried calling apple - have been on hold for about 40 minutes now.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Question for Badash

So you purchased the 3GS with the $200 penalty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that buys you #1 No extension on contract, #2 You'll get it sooner rather than later. So when you get it is it a simple swap of your existing 3G sim and the phone should be activated? If that is truly the case, I may jump in.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
So you purchased the 3GS with the $200 penalty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that buys you #1 No extension on contract, #2 You'll get it sooner rather than later. So when you get it is it a simple swap of your existing 3G sim and the phone should be activated? If that is truly the case, I may jump in.

Nevermind on #1 you still need to 2 year extension.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I think I will be holding off until next year..

Disappointed with the updates.. I think what hit me the most was that the new phone looks exactly the same as the current 3G..

Think I'll be using my money towards modding my car ..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

Yea, AT&T is lying, they are holding off so that when they do let us have it they can try to charge more for it, even though our text messaging plans already pay for a service we don't get, there should be aclass action lawsuit against them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice