Ordered my iPhone 3Gs - how about you? *Apple is now shipping*

Gennew

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
msm, you heard they are getting stock in on the 17th? Yeah, the AT&T guy said since I ordered so early, there's no reason for me to not have it by friday, good luck to you, the 12th isn't too bad still, i'd imagine they'd ship out all the preorders on the same day...I dunno. Gennew, that's weird, sounds like maybe they handed it over to UPS, but they haven't moved it from the initial dropoff location. That's weird that they are shipping out UPS though, I heard Fedex. Thanks though, you gave all us AT&T guys some hope, seems like they are shipping out early too.

What do you see when you check your order status online?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Got a notice from Apple this am that my iPhone is scheduled for delivery June 17. I ordered a few hours after Bad but had so many problems that I was not hopeful. Only problem is that I will not be home until late on the 18th.

Have an appointment this pm to replace my current iPhone, the Home Button does not work. Apple says that it is not covered by warranty. They have a special magnifying glass that they use to look into the headset port. If they see red or pink, they say that that is evidence that it has been wet and that it voids the warranty.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Definitely, if they've been shipping them out since yesterday, and getting overnight shipping, they could potentially arrive as early as today. Lucky you, getting it the 18th.

aaronwh98

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
So I'm new to this forum. I finally decided to make the jump to the iphone (have/had a Blackberry Storm which I'm giving to my girlfriend...shh...don't tell crackberry;) but I ordered it from AT&T (didn't know any better) on the 14th. Of course it's after their preorder stock is gone so I'm wondering if anyone knows about when I could expect my iphone? I know most people are getting theirs by the 19th (or 18th if your lucky) but do you think it'll take only a couple days extra or maybe even a couple weeks? It'd be great if I could get it before the 24th seeing that I'm leaving on a trip that day and I'd love to play with it, but I'm not really holding out hope for that. Oh and I ordered the 32g...don't know if that makes a difference.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I think AT&T said that for those ordering after the sellout of the preorder stock, you'll have to wait 1-2 weeks for them to get in more stock, so I'd say maybe a week or two after everybody else. Maybe you'd have better luck canceling your order and ordering with Apple?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I think AT&T said that for those ordering after the sellout of the preorder stock, you'll have to wait 1-2 weeks for them to get in more stock, so I'd say maybe a week or two after everybody else. Maybe you'd have better luck canceling your order and ordering with Apple?

Yes I think you will have better luck with apple.

aaronwh98

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well...I thought about that but I've gotta port my number from Verizon so I think it may be best to just wait for AT&T. When I ordered it AT&T said it would ship 7-14 days after I placed the order. I just hope it doesn't arrive while I'm gone....

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Well...I thought about that but I've gotta port my number from Verizon so I think it may be best to just wait for AT&T. When I ordered it AT&T said it would ship 7-14 days after I placed the order. I just hope it doesn't arrive while I'm gone....
I know, I understand. I leave for vacation on sunday, if I don't get my iphone on friday or saturday, who knows where its gonna be by the time I get back.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I dunno, I think they make 3 delivery attempts (one each day), and after that, I think they hold it at the nearest terminal for maybe a week, then they send it back. Not sure exactly. They do require a signature though.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Don't they require a signature on delivery? I wonder how long FedEx will hold it...

Yes, you can fill out a pre-sign form via Apples web site and they will leave the package.

Side note, mine will be here tomorrow! Pre-sign form is already filled out!
:D

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My iPhone 3G S is to be delivered on 6/17! Yours?

So my ups tracking states my phone is on time for a 6/17 delivery... hope so. Anyone else getting this?

aaronwh98

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well that should be fine. I'm leaving the 24th and will be back the 29th. So at the very least I'll be able to go by the FedEx store when I get back (if it's come by then).

aaronwh98

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm helping my girlfriend move to Wyoming for school (we live in Florida). I'll just give her my Storm and live without a phone for a few days... Wow, I can't remember the last time I've been without a phone...weird.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Would be cool if this holds true. Only time will tell. I'm curious if anyone else is getting the same thing with their UPS tracking?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2