Gonna wait til july 11th as one of our lines will be eligible for a full upgrade.

What we get will depend on how much we get for our 3G 16GBs.

Either 2 white 16GB 3G Ses or 2 white 32GBs...not sure as of yet.
    06-12-2009 11:29 AM
    Its not apple's fault, youre right.
    But I dont see how we can have the capacity, when MMS is available through ALL networks and on ALL phones but iPhone. What gives.
    Sending/receiving a pic from one iphone to another phone shouldnt be as heavy on the network than using Safari or downloading a movie when the 3.0 is out,,,,
    The last position that I want is that of apologist for AT&T. There is a video of an interview between Walt Mossberg of the WSJ and Randall Stephenson, CEO of AT&T. (I found it on the "All Things Digital" app on the iPhone but it is probably on the WSJ web site and utube.) Mossberg bordered on patronizing. "People are buying iPhones in spite of AT&T, not because of." "You were not ready for 3G." (This thread is about AT&T not being ready for 3.0/3GS.) I felt like Mossberg was on my side and asking the right questions, but he did not talk about arbitrary restrictions on iPhones that AT&T is not applying to other smart phones.

I felt that Stephenson was not responsive and was clearly unapologetic, but you can judge that for yourself. I learned almost nothing that I did not think that I already knew. It is clear that AT&T is behind and expects to remain behind for the forseeable future. They are trying to manage their "churn;" that is about voice quality, not data. At one point he admits that AT&T churn is higher than the industry, but trending down while the rest of the industry is flat. At another he seems to claim that he leads the industry in churn because it is going down.

Within data, they are pushing broadband cards, not smartphones. When was the last time you saw an AT&T ad for an iPhone? He claims that they intend to roll out HSDPA (3.5G cellular data) but admitted that they have not even chosen the first market yet. The 3GS is 3.5G ready but not 4G; you will need another iPhone for that. "But it is a long time to LTE 4G."

Stephenson seems to suggest that it is manpower, not money, that is the scarce resource. He is also blaming his vendors for not meeting expectation. Also that getting wireline capacity to the cell site is a limiting factor.

He said that AT&T is taking over Starbuck's WiFi from T-Mobile. I already prefer AT&T WiFi to T-Mobile WiFi but I prefer Optonline to both.
    06-12-2009 12:06 PM
    Just sold our 16GB 3G models for 375 each on CL.

I'm preordering my 16GB white 3G S this week. The g/f has to wait til July 11th, poor thing has to use a Razr til then lol Either way - we're only spending 600 (I'm paying 399, she'll only have to pay 199 on the 11th), and we are making 750. I'll say yes to a 150 profit for upgrading
    06-12-2009 05:44 PM
    Just sold our 16GB 3G models for 375 each on CL.
    As is? No JB or unlock on 2.2.1?
    06-12-2009 05:52 PM
    As is? No JB or unlock on 2.2.1?

Nope. both 2.2.1 no jb or unlock.
    06-12-2009 05:56 PM
    Just took the plunge(for the extra storage and speed)
    06-12-2009 06:11 PM
    my 32gb iPhone 3G [S] is on order, im back to TiPB, and now learning how to develop apps, i guess i needed to be on the platform im developing for...
    06-12-2009 09:58 PM
    New customer to ATT....just pre-ordered the black 32 gig for myself and the black 16 gig for the fiance'.

Bye, bye Sprint!
    06-13-2009 03:01 AM
    nope. im not eligible for an upgrade, plus it is NOT worth my money even if i were. i have the 3g and i love it. the changes are just too minor
    06-13-2009 07:23 PM
    just ordered my black 16 gig and my girlfriends white 16 gig.

GOODBYE VZW!!!
    06-13-2009 08:29 PM
    Pulled the trigger a couple of hours ago (7pm'ish EST) from at&t. Saw nothing about a delay or the message ""Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will ship 7 to 14 days after your order is placed." which was mentioned in another post. So I hope my girl gets delivered on the 19'th.
    06-13-2009 09:15 PM
    Placed my pre-order yesterday afternoon, and I will be waiting in line starting at 4am on Friday morning.
    06-13-2009 10:17 PM
    I've still got two months left on my other contract but I'm quite sure I'll get the iPhone 3GS and buy the old contract out.
    06-14-2009 01:06 PM
    I ordered my 32G black iphone on Friday night (6/11/09) and got the lovely message regarding "7 to 14 days"....then my credit card company chosen this purchase to place a hold on for security purposes until I called in....imagine ATT's response??? Got in straigtened out Saturday morning, and now ATT's site for tracking these orders is "under maintenance".........and I really thought moving from Verizon to ATT was a good idea.........
    06-14-2009 10:26 PM
    Yea, AT&T is lying, they are holding off so that when they do let us have it they can try to charge more for it, even though our text messaging plans already pay for a service we don't get, there should be aclass action lawsuit against them.
    i called an AT&T rep and she told me that MMS will be included in the text plan and will not be an additional charge...
    06-15-2009 12:16 AM
    Mine has shipped from Apple. I feel bad for everyone who ordered from AT&T... hope they don't mess things up for you guys!
    06-15-2009 12:21 PM
    Just ordered a black iPhone 3GS 32 GB from the Apple store for the early upgrade price of $499. Can't wait to have it in my hands! (They're still promising Friday delivery as of noon EDT Monday.)
    06-15-2009 12:28 PM
    Mine has shipped from Apple. I feel bad for everyone who ordered from AT&T... hope they don't mess things up for you guys!
    Yes I am not getting one but if I was I would get it from Apple / AT&T is a getting bad almost as bad as sprint.
    06-15-2009 01:04 PM
    I preordered mine yesterday so there is no guarantee that I will get one on launch day, but I will be able to get in the AT&T store at 7, so hopefully I can get an extra one.
    06-15-2009 01:54 PM
    Just ordered a black iPhone 3GS 32 GB from the Apple store for the early upgrade price of $499. Can't wait to have it in my hands! (They're still promising Friday delivery as of noon EDT Monday.)
    $499 with signing and additional 2 year, or is that $499 with staying on your current contract timeline?
    06-15-2009 03:01 PM
    Nevermind... found the answer $499 with another 2 year commitment yikes. I believe you could have purchased the 16gb 3Gs for $599 outright no contract. I know 16 is less than 32gb but no contract is huge.. :o For $100 its worth it with no contract.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-15-2009 at 03:08 PM.
    06-15-2009 03:05 PM
    $499 with signing and additional 2 year, or is that $499 with staying on your current contract timeline?
    $499 plus renewing my contract for 2 years (not 2 additional years, but 2 years from when I activate it I guess).

If I didn't want to extend my contract, it would be $699 (and still SIM-locked to AT&T).
    06-15-2009 03:06 PM
    I don't, they knew what they were getting into.
    06-15-2009 04:02 PM
    I don't, they knew what they were getting into.
    I've been hearing that if you ordered online from AT&T to be shipped to your house that it is possible that you will not see it until Monday at the earliest and if you want a phone Friday you will have to get one in the store.

Again, I can not confirm this, just something I've heard.
    06-15-2009 05:16 PM
    I dunno, I've called AT&T multiple times and talked to reps in the stores, they all assure me that AT&T will be getting it to me by Friday almost certainly, and the AT&T guy I talked to today said if I don't have it by Friday evening, I should call back and flip out at them, he said there's no reason for me not to have it by friday, especially since I ordered on the 9th. If I don't get it till Monday, I'm gonna be pissed, I leave sunday for vacation...Considering I have overnight shipping, even if it doesn't ship until the street date, I'll have it by saturday. I dunno where all the monday stuff is coming from.
    06-15-2009 08:51 PM
365 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD