Ordering the White 32GB tomorrow morning. Can't wait
    06-10-2009 12:29 AM
    I have changed my mind after re-thinking about all the new things.. its definitely going to be worth it.
    06-10-2009 01:42 AM
    Well, I guess I read 1 to many threads, I just cracked and preordered my 32GB Black iPhone 3G S. This did not come without heavy penalties from the wife.
    06-10-2009 09:34 AM
    Well I did it!! I ordered the Black 32g and it's all Bad Ash's fault. He set the precedent. Your a bad influence...

Sorry about that, enjoy!

The webpage said delivers by June 19th, but haven't received email yet to confirm.
    Should be the 19th, I got a email last night confirming it will be delivered on the 19th. But I did order mine right away.

Ordering the White 32GB tomorrow morning. Can't wait
    Sweet deal.

I have changed my mind after re-thinking about all the new things.. its definitely going to be worth it.
    I knew it was only a matter of time.

Well, I guess I read 1 to many threads, I just cracked and preordered my 32GB Black iPhone 3G S. This did not come without heavy penalties from the wife.
    Not shocking - I knew all of you would crack eventually.

06-10-2009 09:40 AM
    After some thought last night, since I am eligable to order on July 12, and assuming I can sell my current iPhone for $300+, I will be upgrading.

BadAsh - weren't you eligable for an upgrade on/around July 12? Is there a reason you didn't wait to do it?

Chris
    06-10-2009 09:46 AM
    After some thought last night, since I am eligable to order on July 12, and assuming I can sell my current iPhone for $300+, I will be upgrading.

BadAsh - weren't you eligable for an upgrade on/around July 12? Is there a reason you didn't wait to do it?

Chris
    I was able to get that on the first day from Apple. For some reason my full upgrade ability would be on December 12, 2009. Which is well ahead of the full two years.
    06-10-2009 09:48 AM
    ordered 32GB Black. Switching from Sprint treo 755p
    06-10-2009 09:59 AM
    For me it is not an upgrade, I am a new subscriber. I have been reluctant mostly because ATT has poor coverage in my area. Moreover, their 3G in some areas could be better, no MMS (are they aware this is the 21st century?).
    Having said that, I am very excited of 3G(s). It was a no brainer for me. Having said that the decision of going from 3G to 3G(s) should be done with caution. There is some advantage but is the advantage of speed, MMS, voice that critical or can we be content with the superb 3G phone (esp with OS 3.0). Just remember, if you upgrade now, you will NOT be able to get the next upgrade in June or July next year! That upgrade, I suspect should be substantial, if the nation and world economy can sustain technological prgress!
    06-10-2009 10:32 AM
    Yep. I ordered my 32 GB Black last night. I have the 16 GB iPhone 2G, so it was time to upgrade. Besides, I only have to pay $299. It said it will be delivered on the 19th.

If I had a 3G already, I probably wouldn't pay the extra $200 to upgrade.
    06-10-2009 12:34 PM
    I think alot of people that felt snubbed at the WWDC will think about it late at night and then WILL change their minds. this upgrade is worth it! Right JHamilton3?
    06-10-2009 01:45 PM
    I think alot of people that felt snubbed at the WWDC will think about it late at night and then WILL change their minds. this upgrade is worth it! Right JHamilton3?
    I agree with you. I just read your post on the latest post on the front page as well and I also agree with part of that as well. People are too hung up on AT&T and blaming them because they signed a contract knowing it was for two years. For people to think they deserve special treatment because they bought a iPhone 3G is just absolutely absurd! They owe you NOTHING. But whatever, who am I right...

If AT&T gave all of these people who are crying about the price another subsidy on this phone after only a year - they'd love AT&T! But again, why should iPhone owners be treated any different than say a BlackBerry owner.

Either you upgrade because you have to money to, just like the device, whatever... or you don't have to upgrade. Either way people need to stop crying.

*I posted something similar to this is Chads post but of course no one crying in the comments even bother to acknowledge it. They still continue to cry about AT&t.
    06-10-2009 01:54 PM
    I was able to get that on the first day from Apple. For some reason my full upgrade ability would be on December 12, 2009. Which is well ahead of the full two years.
    Yeah, 17 months is the standard for an iPhone bill around $90-$95 a month before tax. Seems like over $100 (I'm at $110) gets you an upgrade after 12 months.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...rade-date.html
    06-10-2009 02:06 PM
    Yeah, 17 months is the standard for an iPhone bill around $90-$95 a month before tax. Seems like over $100 (I'm at $110) gets you an upgrade after 12 months.
    In my case, an iPhone 3G bill of $40/mo. before tax (2nd line on family plan + data + no text plan) gets me an upgrade after 20 months.
    06-10-2009 02:11 PM

And don't get me wrong, I am happy with the early upgrade. Much better than paying $699. I have no complaints with AT&T.
    06-10-2009 02:15 PM
    i ordered mine yesterday at the AT&T store nearby, but i'm wondering if i should get a white one this time around... maybe that'll make me feel better about the 3G[S] not looking any different from the 3G ;p
    06-10-2009 02:28 PM
    But again, why should iPhone owners be treated any different than say a BlackBerry owner.
    You mean all those people with the POS Storms aren't going to get preferential treatment when the next Storm comes out this year? What is the world coming to?
    06-10-2009 02:45 PM
    Ordered 2 today, 1 for me and 1 for my girlfriend. She is getting the white 16 gb and was eligible for the $199 upgrade price. I am getting the black 16 gb and paid $399 for the early upgrade.

People who are mad at at&t for the contract/upgrade issues need to give it up. This is how all call companies operate. Last year was an exception since apple took care of the subsidy.

I am, however, disappointed with at&t about MMS and tethering. They need to get on the ball and release this by the 19th. Really no reason they should be delayed in this area.
    06-10-2009 03:04 PM
    In my case, an iPhone 3G bill of $40/mo. before tax (2nd line on family plan + data + no text plan) gets me an upgrade after 20 months.
    Yup, that is the correct number of months for a $40 / month line. Looks like my post on this was pretty accurate.

And don't get me wrong, I am happy with the early upgrade. Much better than paying $699. I have no complaints with AT&T.
    Yeah, I mean I hate to defend at&t, but in this regards I have to. Do people expect at&t to go out of business buying them phones? Even if Apple sells the phones for $599 (vs $699 retail price) they are still out $300 when you buy a phone. So after they have made their money back and some profit they offer to help you purchase another one, but most people don't break even with at&t until about 6 months. Plus every carrier in the world does this.

If people want to complain about at&t they can complain about how they are incompetent and can't get MMS and tethering working at launch even though they have know for months now that a new iPhone was coming.
    06-10-2009 03:21 PM
    At first I wasn't going to upgrade to the new iphone...however, after giving it some thought, I am going to take the plung...Here's why:

1) Lets face it...It's a better phone.
    2) Same body, but I use a case anyway.
    3) Most importantly...Apple's exsclusivity with AT&T ends in 2011 and at that time, I WILL switch carriers.
    4) If apple releases a better phone next year, I'll sell my then "old iPhone 3Gs" for a large profit and break even purchasing the "REV4" iPhone at that time at no money out of pocket.

Just my thoughts.
    06-10-2009 03:31 PM

Can someone post a link say to AT&T's website that describes the early upgrade process? I called a CSR today, and the only early upgrade she knew about was the 18 month standard. I know for sure the 12 month upgrade exists since it had showed up in my online account back in March before I reduced my calling plan.
    06-10-2009 03:49 PM
    Can someone post a link say to AT&T's website that describes the early upgrade process? I called a CSR today, and the only early upgrade she knew about was the 18 month standard. I know for sure the 12 month upgrade exists since it had showed up in my online account back in March before I reduced my calling plan.
    Check out my blog post on this Why your at&t upgrade eligibility date is different than your neighbors | When Will Apple? (I'll be updating as I get more info). I got the original info form an at&t CSR and then started asking around and the numbers I have in that post seem to be matching up.

Also, again anyone reading this, if you wouldn't mind posting your pre-tax monthly at&t bill and how many months into your 2 year contract they are letting you get the full upgrade in this thread http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...rade-date.html
    Last edited by Justin; 06-10-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    06-10-2009 03:54 PM
    Check out my blog post on this Why your at&t upgrade eligibility date is different than your neighbors | When Will Apple? (I'll be updating as I get more info). I got the original info form an at&t CSR and then started asking around and the numbers I have in that post seem to be matching up.

Also, again anyone reading this, if you wouldn't mind posting your pre-tax monthly at&t bill and how many months into your 2 year contract they are letting you get the full upgrade in this thread http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...rade-date.html
    Great blog post.

Why is this kind of information not posted on AT&T? It is for Verizon. After 12 months with a single line of 49.99, Verizon will give you full subsidized pricing. Is AT&T's policy not clearly articulated?

If so, could someone provide a link? The best I could find was an older link to wirefly.
    06-10-2009 04:13 PM
    Yup, upgraded my wife to the white 16gb and me to black 32gb. I did her upgrade through the Apple store which states the device will be delivered by the 19th. I upgraded mine through my ATT small business account and was told I wont receive the device until a "few days" after the 19th. I wonder why???
    06-10-2009 07:08 PM
    I'm still debating on the upgrade...I mean I should just do it. Right?

Hmmm,now the only question is black or white.
    06-10-2009 07:10 PM
    As for upgrade eligibility look here (my 1st post, so you'll have to reconstruct the URL :-X)

wireless.att. com/ learn /why/ upgrade-advantage.jsp

As for MMS, on a wireless account, when adding an iPhone Data + Voicemail feature, it adds an MMS Opt-Out feature as well which as you can guess, blocks MMS completely. As to why this is, I am not sure, because yes the iPhone doesn't support MMS, but there might be the chance that the iPhone text plans (at least the old SOC codes) didn't include MMS and would charge you if you received one, and in order to avoid people being charged for MMS they couldn't even get, they would block it instead. As for it being a "Manual" process, that just means a person "Manually" starts the account sweep and checkups are done by the sweep teams to make sure all the features have been removed, it is NOT a customer by customer process. As I remember, it took about 2 weeks to change the old 7-7 Early Nights and Weekends features from $7/$14 to $8.99/$16.99, so I expect roughly the same time frame for this switch. Its not that big of a deal, you've made it 2 years without it, what's 2 months?
    06-10-2009 09:14 PM
365 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD