Dammit! Wifey got her iphone but not me. I guess I will have to wait until Monday or longer (because I cannot get in touch with my ATT small business rep so I have no idea when its coming).
    06-19-2009 07:50 PM
    I'm waiting for the 4G!
    06-19-2009 07:51 PM
    @DoubleM- I think that might work for new line activations.
    I'm transfering my line (upgrade) from my old iPhone to my new one, and doing the SIM eject trick doesn't help.
    But just putting my old SIM into my new phone worked like a charm (until AT&T finally gets around to activating it, in which case I'll switch it back).
    Actually, i was upgrading from an original iphone, the eject trick worked for me.
    06-19-2009 11:40 PM
    Be ready to swap back when that one turns into a brick.
    Had to switch back this am from my old SIM card to the one that came with my iPhone 3GS. The indication that I got was "no service." I had expected, "Not authorized, emergency calls only." I have spent the w/e in a marginal service area so at first I thought that perhaps I really did not have service.

I am using my Verizon Aircard right next to my AT&T iPhone. I would consider the service on both to be marginal but Verizon is better than AT&T. While Verizon is at two bars, mostly EV-DO Rev A, AT&T ranges from "no service" to signal with no bars, to bars with no data, to Edge, to 3G. Nothing lasts long and the connection is very fragile.

Of course home coverage trumps everything else and I get good AT&T and Verizon signals at home.
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-22-2009 at 04:54 PM.
    06-22-2009 04:50 PM
    So I am still waiting for my iphone which I ordered through ATT on the 10th. I have tried to contact my small business rep multiple times now but with no luck. i cannot get a tracking # or confirmation. Sometimes I really do hate ATT.
    06-22-2009 05:13 PM
    So I am still waiting for my iphone which I ordered through ATT on the 10th. I have tried to contact my small business rep multiple times now but with no luck. i cannot get a tracking # or confirmation. Sometimes I really do hate ATT.
    One must not disparage Ma Bell. It isn't done.
    06-22-2009 06:25 PM
    FINALLY! Gots mine today and

and

and

and can't.stop.messing.with.iphone.must.stop.typing.an d.play.with.3.G.s .....................
    06-22-2009 09:11 PM
    Hello all- first post here. I have a quick question. It may have been answered before. I did a search but couldn't find anything. Anyways, I ordered new service and a 16Gb 3Gs yesterday and was wondering what the turn around time is on recieving the phone. Has anyone had experience going this route and how long did it take before you recieved your 3Gs?
    Thanks in advance!
    06-29-2009 07:24 PM
    I am also wanting for my iphone to be delivered, i know how you feel, but i bought the iphone on the 26th oh June and FedEx say it will be here(att&t retail store) tomorrow before 3 pm , lets how that turns out.
    06-29-2009 07:28 PM
    did you order yours through Apple or AT&T?
    06-29-2009 07:34 PM
    through AT&T, i have to add more words, lol
    06-29-2009 07:43 PM
    Unfortunately, I'll be waiting until sometime around mid-Sept (birthday) but in the meantime, I'm just drifting around here picking up bits and pieces of information and filing them away for later I'll also be switching from the VZW BB Curve to AT&T. Big switch...
    06-30-2009 12:21 AM
    i was eligible june 26, an i bought on june 26 and i will recieve it today, HOPEFULLY. My phone just left Texas last night.
    06-30-2009 09:11 AM
    I just came over to At&T, ordered my iphone 3GS on the 24th, shipped last night - overnight and is now waiting for me at the AT&T store. I can't wait till I get off work. I'm like a kid on X-Mas.
    06-30-2009 05:26 PM
    How long does the whole "in progress" thing take to change to "shipped"? I ordered on Sunday. The anticipation is driving me crazy!
    06-30-2009 07:10 PM
365 ... 131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD