Ordered my iPhone 3Gs - how about you? *Apple is now shipping*

jstrickland

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
I seriously doubt it. I still have a year left on my current contract. I might as well wait and see if next year's line of iPhones offers enough incentive to upgrade. I really want video, but not enough to pay full price for the new iPhone.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm upgrade eligible 7/12. Going to shoot for a 32G. I hope they don't have shortages. For those of us who have to wait to upgrade.. at least we don't have to wait long for the 3.0 upgrade which is June 19th.

vanishingvision7

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
I personally thought that I would be upgrading for sure.

After hearing what AT&T is doing, I'm very turned off by it.
Waiting for MMS is something I don't like but I can deal with, but no tethering is something I cannot.

So................................. looks like I will be jail breaking my iPhone just for tethering.

sswbrn

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi! I have been lurking for quite some time, but have never registered until today.

I just ordered the 16g 3GS from Apple direct. I got early upgrade pricing, so I was somehow able to justify the expense to myself.

I know that I am going to have questions when my new iphone arrives. I currently have the 8g 3g model since February. When my new iphone arrives will I activate it through itunes? Will I do a restore from the backup of my current iphone?

Okay, I guess I will come back if I can't figure it out on my own, but now that I have ordered it, I have realized that I don't know what to do with it when it gets here. :eek:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Can't move from T-Mobile till August, so I'm waiting ( but not long ). The 3GS is more or less as I expected...I just need to decide between 16 & 32GB.

I don't really intend to use it much as a music player, so how much space do people find is taken up by apps, texts, email and the not too often web browsing?

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Ordered mine, too. I went with the 16GB white one.

Thats what I have sittin in my cart right now,, still cant justify the $200 upgrade ,,,, did you choose Next Business Day shipping ($16) and does it mean you will have to wait till 22nd??:confused:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm upgrade eligible 7/12. Going to shoot for a 32G. I hope they don't have shortages. For those of us who have to wait to upgrade.. at least we don't have to wait long for the 3.0 upgrade which is June 19th.
My understanding is that 3.0 is available on June 17. Do you have a url?

DRLyman

Jan 20, 2009
www.LymanPhoto.com
Thats what I have sittin in my cart right now,, still cant justify the $200 upgrade ,,,, did you choose Next Business Day shipping ($16) and does it mean you will have to wait till 22nd??:confused:

Yes I did. It said that for me, too. I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully it will be here the 19th.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yufengxing089