Will you skip the Iphone 3GS and wait for the Iphone rev4?

Will you skip the Iphone 3GS and wait for the Iphone rev4?

• I will not skip iPhone 3GS...I want it now!

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I'm waiting for iPhone Rev 4.0!

Votes: 46 73.0%

• Total voters

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I think I will. I am not seeing the GS as being a compelling upgrade. I think OS 3.0 and later will tide me over just fine until a real "new" Iphone comes out. But by then the Palm Pro (Pre successor) will be out on AT&T

BlackBlood#IM

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Why would I buy a 3GS when I can have (almost) everything it offers on my 16g 3G (Thank you Jailbreak). I don't see any real reason that why someone with a 3G would upgrade.

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Why would I buy a 3GS when I can have (almost) everything it offers on my 16g 3G (Thank you Jailbreak). I don't see any real reason that why someone with a 3G would upgrade.

i think the gs is for new customers but they'll see the 3g for 99 and get that.

Honestly I think this was a big misstep.

BlackBlood#IM

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
i think the gs is for new customers but they'll see the 3g for 99 and get that.

Honestly I think this was a big misstep.

I would have to agree on that. This just seems a little baby step and it doesn't feel like a move Apple would do. My question is what about all those leaks, pictures, big wigs Apple hired from gaming/hardware companies, FM Radio (that was almost a guarantee)? I mean this just doesn't sit right.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
My doctor has been holding out for an iPhone and she asks me all of her tech questions and I can not in good faith tell her to buy the 3Gs. I'll tell her to get the $99 3G if she doesn't want any of the new hardware features. I think a lot of people with be going after the $99 3G.

BlackBlood#IM

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
My doctor has been holding out for an iPhone and she asks me all of her tech questions and I can not in good faith tell her to buy the 3Gs. I'll tell her to get the $99 3G if she doesn't want any of the new hardware features. I think a lot of people with be going after the $99 3G.

That is a good move I would say. The $99 3G (in my opinion) was a better announcement than that of the 3GS.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Really? A doctor that can't afford the latest High-end phone does not exactly instill confidence in my mind.

I can't recommend anyone eligible for a NEW phone subsidy get themselves locked into a 3G at this point.

I won't be upgrading to 3Gs, I'm holding out for a 4G, but if I was a new iPhone customer, I wouldn't be buying a 99 dollar 3G at this point in time.

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I won't be able to upgrade via 02 until December so i may be tempted to wait until the middle of next year. The only thing that is tempting me is the bigger storage

BlackBlood#IM

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I totally agree with you. I'm still getting the 3GS though because I do want the new hardware even if I do end up paying $499.

What hardware are you referring to exactly? The only noticeable change announced was the 32g flash. Now, they SAID its 3x faster but they didn't give any real specs as to why that is. I do remember seeing 7Mpbs, but once again they didn't back it up with facts.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Really? A doctor that can't afford the latest High-end phone does not exactly instill confidence in my mind.

I can't recommend anyone eligible for a NEW phone subsidy get themselves locked into a 3G at this point.

I won't be upgrading to 3Gs, I'm holding out for a 4G, but if I was a new iPhone customer, I wouldn't be buying a 99 dollar 3G at this point in time.

Get a grip icebike. I never said she couldn't afford it. But just because someone can afford a high-end phone doesn't mean they want/need that expense if they aren't going to want/need those features. Every doctor is not rich. We live in a small Kansas town. Just because she may choose to get a $99 phone has no bearings on whether or not she's a good doctor.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
The features that the 3GS adds are nice, but nothing is a must have to me. Combined with the non-discounted price I would get for upgrading early with AT&T, and it is a big fat "wait for the next one" for me.

Chris

robbiebisme

May 31, 2009
Visit site
so steve jobs has an attitude and he is known for telling people flat out there ideas suck so did no one tell him about this phone? because i feel like its somewhat of a dissapointment i mean im not lookin for a major change but no cosmetic change at all is insane not to mention the fact that they arent doing something better for people with 3g models looking to upgrade. Erroneous i call ERRONEOUS on that"

Last edited:

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
What hardware are you referring to exactly? The only noticeable change announced was the 32g flash. Now, they SAID its 3x faster but they didn't give any real specs as to why that is. I do remember seeing 7Mpbs, but once again they didn't back it up with facts.

I meant the camera and compass. Though is the compass a software feature? Oh I forgot to add storage to the list. 32GB is definitely something I want.

Last edited:

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
What hardware are you referring to exactly? The only noticeable change announced was the 32g flash. Now, they SAID its 3x faster but they didn't give any real specs as to why that is.

They said it was 2 time faster, not 3 times. Apple - iPhone - View all the features of the new iPhone 3G S.

They don't have to tell you what changed to give you that speed increase. All they have to do is show you that it is.

I'm betting it is indeed more than 2x faster, because Apple has learned they can't make claims they can't prove. The courts are quick to slap down that type of advertising.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro