I am using an Iphone 3G, running IOS 5.0.1.
    A few months ago I installed WhatsApp on her phone and she loves it.

Recently, she started having issues with sending photos as an attachment - it kept failing on both 3G and Wifi. Text was working fine.

Apple nor AT&T had any idea on what is wrong - so I decided to go ahead and uninstall the App all together and re-install it.

After re-installing it, I was getting the error message, "Could not connect to WhatsApp service. Please try again later" during the phone# verification.

I tried to uninstall, reboot the phone and re-install the app and reboot aagin, but it kept failing to register on both Wifi and 3G. I reset the Network settings to default, disable and re-enable notifications, disbale 3G, re-enable 3G, disable Wifi but it kept failing to register the phone#.

I did verify that I can get on the Internet, pull e-mails and send normal text message in Wifi and 3G.
    01-13-2016 03:02 AM
  2. AppRising Software said: Best Answer

I think, your version of device is not supported by WhatsApp developers.

When you install app from the store, last supported by your device version installs. I think, that app version, installed on your device is not supported by WhatsApp protocol anymore.

When you install app from the store, last supported by your device version installs. I think, that app version, installed on your device is not supported by WhatsApp protocol anymore.
    01-13-2016 05:35 AM

Yes this would seem to be a likely reason for the app failing on an iPhone 3G.
    01-13-2016 04:21 PM