iPhone 3G Emergency Calls only after restoring. Don't have AT&T Sim or Phonebook Card

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I really need your help guys I am really new to iPhone Stuffs. I bought my iPhone and is already jailbroken and I don't like the stuffs that was in it so I decided to restore it to the original ROM and used iTunes, then I am getting error so I searched and found a solution in youtube : How to: Fix ERROR 1015 iPhone 3G STUCK ITUNES-STEP BY STEP! - YouTube and solved it but now I get emergency calls only. I don't have any AT&T Sim or Phonebook Card sim cause I am here in the Philippines. Any solutions to this please? Thank you so much.

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I can't use the phone. I can only dial emergency numbers. Actually I am just helping my friend. This is not my phone. But just a question, what sim should work? I cannot find anyone selling AT&T sim in ebay or amazon. I only see NET 10 sim. Do you think it will work?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Let me reword this.

You are hoping to fix the current situation to get yourself into a new situation.

Is this new situation one where you'll be able to make phone calls or one where you enjoy the functionality of the non-phone features of the iphone?

I can't possibly tell you what I think will work until you tell me what you're trying to do with it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 3G Emergency Calls only after restoring. Don't have AT&T Sim or Phonebook Card

Thanks for ^^^^ that. Most helpful post I’ve seen all day.

To the OP, without knowing what version of iOS was installed, it’s possible that along with the jailbreak, the phone was unlocked. By restoring the phone, you not only removed the jailbreak, but also the unlock. All of this means that you cannot use any SIM except an AT&T SIM with the phone in its current state. Either get an AT&T SIM (from AT&T or an authorized merchant), or pay to get the phone unlocked so that you can use the SIM from the wireless provider of your choosing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl