Help me for update my iphone 3G

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It will go to version 4.2.1 that is the newest it can handle and that apple allows

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Deborah Kervin

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Well at least I found these post to make myself know I was not totally losing my mind. I bought an i phone 3 from a facebook yardsale site and I was honest in saying I was phone dumb , this was over a month ago and I have tried over and over to do something with it , needless to say the heifer ripped me a new one so when I finally called her out on it ,publicly on the yardsale site , she called me everything but a human for being honest about the phone , so I will just do without a radio and facebook until I can afford a good phone....broken hearted at the moment but I am glad to know there are people who can be honest in saying , you just need a better phone ...Thanks for sharing some intelligence :eek:

amladi

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am in dire need of help. I saw a new update for iphone and tried to update. After updating the new software I am getting this message - "We’re sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time.Please try again later, or contact customer care."
I can not go back and restore the software as the itunes does not recognize the iphone!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i have the 3g and was wundering how do i update it but it has been jail brocken

Having read "Is Jailbreaking Reversible?"located in the middle of the page HERE in the jailbreak section of the forum, you should be able to update by connecting your device to iTunes to upgrade or restore as new.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
while im updating my iphone 3g the error accurs 1015
please help me out

According to the Apple website found HERE, "Error 1015": This error is typically caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch's software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software available from Apple. This error can also occur when an unauthorized modification of the iOS has occurred and you are now trying to restore to an authorized, default state.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Help me for update my iphone 3G

Connect your device to your computer, fire up the computer's iTunes app (Download the latest version of iTunes, if not on the computer) and when iTunes recognizes your device, select update.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i connect with the wire my iphone 3g to the pc.....it sync but then nothing......i dont see update anywhere or even shows me anything

after you plug into iTunes go to your Summary tab and select Update. i believe 4.2.1 is and will always be the highest version you can go to

and if all else fails, toss it into a trash can

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You can't update the phone beyond 4.2.1. If you jailbreak, you can get iOS 5 and 6 by using WhiteD00r but it isn't official software.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711