So, my home button worked only when it wanted to so i decided to open the phone and fix the connectors but accidentally broke it. i finally semi-fixed it with sum tape but i doubt that it will last long. i dont want to get a new phone til iPhone 5 comes out. how can i fix the connector permanently ??
    07-08-2011 03:50 PM
    So, my home button worked only when it wanted to so i decided to open the phone and fix the connectors but accidentally broke it. i finally semi-fixed it with sum tape but i doubt that it will last long. i dont want to get a new phone til iPhone 5 comes out. how can i fix the connector permanently ??
    It depends on what you broke permanently. Broken solder connection? Resolder it. Broken internal parts? Replace the broken parts... or keep taping it until the iPhone 5 is released...
    07-08-2011 03:56 PM
    I say just buy a old cheap old iPhone on Craigslist to get you by
    07-08-2011 04:19 PM
    Yikes. Home button fixes are complicated: How to Replace Your iPhone's Home Button
    07-08-2011 10:40 PM
    Might be able to source parts off eBay for temp fix until the new iPhone comes out.
    07-08-2011 10:45 PM
    Did you buy AppleCare? If you did, bring your iPhone into the apple store and tell them you have AppleCare and they will replace the home button for you. But on your own, yikes.
    07-08-2011 10:46 PM
    Did you buy AppleCare? If you did, bring your iPhone into the apple store and tell them you have AppleCare and they will replace the home button for you. But on your own, yikes.
    Not sure how Apple will/would have handle(d) this. If he had AppleCare and took it in initially, yeah, no doubt that they would have replaced it. But since he opened the phone and broke it (further), they may not, given that he opened the phone, an act which in itself will void his warranty.

However, Apple has been known to swap phones out in other clearly out-of-warranty coverage situations...

#justsaying
    07-08-2011 11:09 PM
    Home buttons are only a couple bucks but you do have to remove the digitizer to get to them .. Simple solution is to buy the pre installed front 15 bucks on amazon all you have to do is pop it your lcd
    09-01-2011 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD