Switching contacts from a BB to an iPhone 3g

staticfiend

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys new to the forum. I have a BB 8900 and my friend is giving me his iPhone 3G to try out to see if i will like the iPhone platform. Anyways besides manually transfering them is there a program that will do this for me or do I have to go to a dreaded AT&T store? Thanks in advance!

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you sync all of the contacts on your BB to Outlook on windows, then when you plug the iphone in, you can sync them from outlook to the iphone using itunes.

staticfiend

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Blink and jdavis530! With the 3g is there anything I should do to make it better? Like OS upgrade? I know absolutely nothing about iPhones. I'm a real newb.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Android to iPhone is simple since Android sets you up on Google to start with. Personally, I can't imagine using anything other than Google for exchange sync!

CR4V3

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Android to iPhone is simple since Android sets you up on Google to start with. Personally, I can't imagine using anything other than Google for exchange sync!

Yeah everything looks like it'll be any easy switch. If the VZW iPhone is LTE capable it's a sealed deal.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Blink and jdavis530! With the 3g is there anything I should do to make it better? Like OS upgrade? I know absolutely nothing about iPhones. I'm a real newb.

Just keep in mind that it will be slower especially if it has a newer firmware. I personally like the 3G on the 3.x firmware so if you're lucky to get a 3G witht the older firmware don't upgrade. Just keep in mind the newer firmware has alot of great features like folders, multi-tasking, and others but it's a better experience on the higher models of iPhone.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys new to the forum. I have a BB 8900 and my friend is giving me his iPhone 3G to try out to see if i will like the iPhone platform. Anyways besides manually transfering them is there a program that will do this for me or do I have to go to a dreaded AT&T store? Thanks in advance!

If you have an Apple Store near you, they have a "black box" that will transfer your contacts from your BB to the iPhone no problem.