i dropped it on the floor and the screen went completly black. when it is connect to the computer and to the wall outlet it makes the charging noise so i think only the screen is broken. someone told me that Apple is fixing screens for only $30... is that true? I want to have it fixed so i can either jailbreak and have a back up or sell not sure yet...
    12-06-2010 12:57 AM
    not sure bout the US but in the UK they charge 129 (around $200) to standard repair the iPhone screen if it is out of warranty.

You may be able to get away with a manufacturing fault on the screen in which case it will be slightly cheaper (or free if you find a happy genius)

These is what happens in the UK... can only guess same rules apply in the US
    12-06-2010 07:32 AM
    i dropped it on the floor and the screen went completly black. when it is connect to the computer and to the wall outlet it makes the charging noise so i think only the screen is broken. someone told me that Apple is fixing screens for only $30... is that true? I want to have it fixed so i can either jailbreak and have a back up or sell not sure yet...
    The Apple store will replace the screen for iPhone4 for $175... iPhone3/3G/3GS is $75.
    06-15-2011 12:14 PM
    I have the same issue except white screen if your out of warranty you can buy a LCD for around 30 bucks in do it yourself that's what I'm going to attempt anyways
    06-16-2011 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD