iPhone 3G Camera Upgrade To 3Gs Camera?

ThroatyStang

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone ever tried this? I would figure the drivers would be available on the 3G because they both run the same OS. The connectors on both appear to be same 28 pin connectors. I just recently took my iPhone 3G apart to upgrade it to a 1600mAH battery and it worked great! I'm currently waiting for the white iPhone 4 to come out so I have been getting ancy and I overclocked my phone to 700mHz with no problems and upgraded my battery. Take a look and you tell me. Go to eBay and look at the difference between the two because this forum wont let me post links without a 10 post count :rolleyes:

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
cant say ive ever heard of someone modding there old phone like that.

and i have to say good job

and its quite possible that you could theoretically put that camera in there

tell me how it goes

Agris

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
How to?

... I just recently took my iPhone 3G apart to upgrade it to a 1600mAH battery and it worked great! ... and I overclocked my phone to 700mHz with no problems and upgraded my battery. ...:rolleyes:

Could you tell how did you do it?
I'm stack with my iPhone 3G because of the contract and I'd be happy to upgrade and overclock but I have no idea...

ThroatyStang

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
So I got the camera in, it is the same connector as the iPhone 3g's connector but it is too large to fit in the housing that is currently there. I removed the housing and again it was still to large. I think if I grounded down some plastic it would work but I didnt want to risk it. If someone wants to buy the camera from me and try it ill sell it for $6.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73