Dear iPhone 3G, I Really Miss you...

mtthwsms

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So right before Apple offered to replace my iPhone 3G I was seriously looking at other options ( dreaming really if you looked at my bank account) and was just wanting something different. Well this is the second day with out my iPhone and I feel lost. I miss it really bad. It has honestly become some what of a security blanket for me. Always out and always doing something awesome.

Then one of my co-workers walks in today and just bought a Droid 2 and is throwing it around in everyone's face. He, knowing i'm the tech guy, runs over here and shows it to me and I'll be honest I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong I like android but I'm not a fan of the skin on it. It just made me miss my simple and reliable iPhone. Just thought I would share my experiences and I look forward to hopefully hearing your similar stories. Apple claims my iPhone will be rejoined with me Monday or Tuesday. I hope so for my sake.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes, losing your iPhone or having it break sucks bad!!! I lost my 3G for the night after it bricked trying to jailbreak it a long time ago and it was horrible. Not sure most iPhone users really appreciate all the power we hold in our pockets. Droids, BlackBerrys, etc. are great phones but they just don't offer the complete, quality experience of the iPhone.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
losing a phone for a while no matter what kind of phone it is sucks for sure hope you get your phone back soon

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I've tried everything phone out there.. always end up coming back to the iPhone.

iPhone 4 is the most complete phone ever though so its tough to get away.

mtthwsms

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Apple still hasn't touched it yet or updated the repair status. It is still early on the West Coast though so hopefully they will get it shipped out soon.

zacharace

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
As they say, you only truly miss something when it's gone. With the iPhone this really rings true; I've had a few BlackBerrys on a temporary basis and it just wasn't the same.

Good luck with the exchange.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
As they say, you only truly miss something when it's gone.

I got a couple of psycho ex-girfriends that this saying absolutely does not apply to. :cool:

Although I'm a little peeved at Apple for taking so long to address the proximity sensor issue, I'd sorely miss my phone if it ever got lost or stolen.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So right before Apple offered to replace my iPhone 3G I was seriously looking at other options ( dreaming really if you looked at my bank account) and was just wanting something different. Well this is the second day with out my iPhone and I feel lost. I miss it really bad. It has honestly become some what of a security blanket for me. Always out and always doing something awesome.

Then one of my co-workers walks in today and just bought a Droid 2 and is throwing it around in everyone's face. He, knowing i'm the tech guy, runs over here and shows it to me and I'll be honest I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong I like android but I'm not a fan of the skin on it. It just made me miss my simple and reliable iPhone. Just thought I would share my experiences and I look forward to hopefully hearing your similar stories. Apple claims my iPhone will be rejoined with me Monday or Tuesday. I hope so for my sake.

Why not get the iPhone 4 and show up your co-worker's lame Droid 2?

mtthwsms

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately money :( I hate to say it but its true. I need to enter some free iPhone 4 Contests. Apple did however say that my iPhone is now being diagnosed so I guess that's a good thing.

mtthwsms

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: It's Monday afternoon and the thing has been in DIAGNOSING since Saturday morning. So I called them and the guy put me on hold forever then came back with what seemed like a really bogus answer. " It will be there at 10:30AM tomorrow" and I was like uhhhh OK. Was it repaired or replaced and he said "uhh replaced" so it makes me think he is bull****ting. Not to mention my online status STILL says diagnosing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner