Iphone 3g to have no data

2beCarbon

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Ok here goes i am getting a iphone 3g for my birthday soon and right i am deciding to get it or not.
I have a blackberry with no data but only SMS and is on the Att service.
I plan to get a iphone 3g from ebay or craigslist and unlock/jailbreak it and put my BB sim card in the iphone.
I dont want data on my iphone but only use it for SMS/MMS. When i get the Iphone unlocked will Att still somehow contact me that i need a data plan for my Iphone?
And the reason why i want the iphone is cause to send MMS for the BB you need data (which ticked me off) so i decided to maybe get the iphone and unlock it.
Please help me out thx.
Who ever has a Iphone Unlocked with no Data reply to this thread, it will help me alot

Last edited:

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes AT&T is going to make you sign up for data if you have the phone on their network.

All smartphones on their network, must have a data package.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
it has been covered several times on the forum, At&T does systematic IMEI sweeps, and your device can be identified (as an iphone) by it's IMEI.

So once it's picked up on the IMEI sweep, you'll either get the notification, or the data plan will be added.

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Well then i suggest you ask your friend what he did, but from my understanding as i stated before, AT&T doesn't sanction it, they do random sweeps and they can add the data plan w/o informing you.

I'm not sure if the data plan mandate applies to the iphone 2g.

2beCarbon

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I did some research where you can turn off your egde from your Iphone but you need to unlock it and or you call att and tell them to block off all data usages
Idk if they did that or not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2