My iPhone 3G become out of coverage sometimes even I am within signal-covered area. In details, a person called me and found my iPhone out of coverage while I was next to him, and when I tried to call him, his phone asnwers my call. Then, when he called me after, my iPhone answered his call. So, I discoverd something which is, I have to call from my iPhone (even calling myself) so my iPhone answer a call! I do that after I receive a call so my iPhone will recieve the next one.
    I am sure 100% that the area is well-signal-covered. ( I see the signal is strong on my iPhone)

Can anybody help me solve this problem, please.
    10-19-2009 03:46 AM
    did you upgrade to 3.1.2? It has a bug fix for network signal problems

what city are you in? some have known network overload issues
    10-19-2009 09:41 AM
    Reply to "flyingember"
    I haven't upgraded it to 3.1.2 yet. It stills 3.0. I will consider this upgrate and I will see.
    And for the city, it doesn't have that kind of issue.
    I will just emphasize what I said: The signal is strong, and I am able to call any person! My problem is with the receiving calls.
    10-20-2009 02:57 AM
    I was having a similar problem and somebody suggested that I restore the phone "as a new phone" and not use the backup iTunes makes periodically. This fixed my dropped incoming call problem.

If you choose to do this, you will lose things such as notes and settings in your apps as well as contacts, mail, calendar, and wifi settings. I also used this guide: Restore Your iPhones Performance and Stability Stephen Foskett, Pack Rat as a check list.
    10-20-2009 09:04 AM
    are u JB?

or u can try backing it up then restoring it to fact. settings
    10-20-2009 11:21 AM
    I restored as a new phone on a non-jailbroken phone. You can try restoring as a new phone and then using an old backup to restore your files. But in my case, it was the old backup that was causing the problems. So I restored as a new phone without using the backup file.
    10-20-2009 12:53 PM
    I face this kind of problem maximum time. I do not know why is this problem happening. I do not get network even if I am available in signla coverage area. Can anyone help me?
    10-20-2009 01:42 PM
    I also discovered something today which is whenever I enable wifi and run an application like fring, my iPhone won't receive any call (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr). When I disabled wifi and and call a person then put it aside, it receive three consequent calls.
    10-21-2009 11:49 AM
    My problem finally was solved. I just upgraded the firmware to 3.1.2 and it's working, i.e. no more dropped incoming calls.
    12-05-2009 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD