Question about charging iPhone 3G S

SHEDGES

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Quick question, I just purchased a 3G S and so far it is a great device. It's not quite the email machine that my Curve was but the other million features it has more than makes up for it.

For my first charge, I powered off the phone and then plugged it in. A few minutes later I started receiving text messages. It's almost as if it powered back on once I plugged it in. Is this normal? If so, should I just leave it on when I get ready to charge it? Will leaving it on while charging inflict any long-term damage?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Turning the screen off (tapping the button at the top once) doesn't actually turn the iPhone off...just puts it to sleep. Perfectly safe for it to be on while it's charging. I even take calls while it's in the cradle.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I never turn the phone off, it takes a long time and I find it wastes battery power to turn off and on especially while jailbroken

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Yes, if you plug in the iPhone when it's off, it automatically turns back on. There is nothing wrong with charging the phone while it's on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2