Iphone 3g Restores Missing!

tomace311

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
:eek:Ok new to the forum so hello everyone ! I am in need of assistance please help!

Ok took one of my 3g's into apple and received a new phone. So go home to restore from backup and itunes is only showing me two old backups from the 1st of the year. So I looked on the back end and the files are there! So how do I get itunes to see them and restore ? Any suggestions please help... Apple is like always no help so need the expertise of the real tech's here. Thank you in advance to all that will assist much appreciated!

itunes 8.2
Firm 3.0
iphone 3g
Windows XP

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I honestly don't know how to get them back into iTunes as I use a Mac but you should be able to browse to the backup file without it being seen within iTunes. So if you know the location they are in you should be able to use them. Try holding "shift" or "ctrl" while pressing restore within iTunes. It may bring up the browse Window. I'm just not sure of the proper button to use on a Windows machine.

This will only work if the backup files on Windows are kept as IPSW files.

tomace311

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Thank you both!

I tried just that and went to the folder and clicked open and the file was blank. But when I look at the files on the back end they are all there . And at the bottom selected all files and folders.

So I was going to try and paste the files I want into the older restore files. So the file will contain the updated restore points. But not sure if it will work.

Any other suggestions ?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Thank you both!

I tried just that and went to the folder and clicked open and the file was blank. But when I look at the files on the back end they are all there . And at the bottom selected all files and folders.

So I was going to try and paste the files I want into the older restore files. So the file will contain the updated restore points. But not sure if it will work.

Any other suggestions ?

Must not be in IPSW format. I'm out of suggestions now. May have to start fresh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen