Water damage to my iPhone 3g!!!

marvar11

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I droped my phone in water but retrieved it almost instantly is there any hope for my phone or am I going to have to splurge??? Please help

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
If Apple does not want to cover it, just in case, immediately, like right now, put your phone in a bowl or a bag with white rice and seal the bag or bowl tight. The rice will absorb the water. I have seen this work numerous time.

It worked on my friend's iPhone 1st gen after it fell out of her purse into the freezing snow and she didn't notice until the next morning.

After 2 days in rice and some de-thawing, it functioned just fine.

Seriously, try rice and let us know :)

davref

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Here is another option for you if you don't want to pay $199 to Apple.
When I dropped my phone in the pool I thought it was game over. I did a quick Google search and found uBreakiFix.com. They have a water damage repair mail in service. I was a little skeptical but decided to give it a try because I really had nothing to loose, the phone wouldn't even turn on. To my delight, the guys at uBreakiFix called a few days after I sent my phone in and said they were able to get it working. I received it a few days later and it was working perfectly. Needless to say I?m thrilled with the service and will defiantly be back if I ever break my phone again.

bosox0898

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Dropped my first 3g in water a few months after I got it. I turned it off, blew most of the water out with an air compressor, let it sit for a few hours then I tried it out. Low and behold it still worked, a few water bubbles inbetween the glass and LCD, but they dried out in a few days. Worked great until I bricked it a few months ago.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Rice should help. That's a great idea actually, except your phone will smell for a while haha!

My co-worker went exploring in the rain without thinking one night, let his sit out for a few months and it just magically began working. the iPhone is quite mysterious.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I also think you should try the rice thing I've heard that before. It maybe too late now but if you have any electronic device that falls into water you should never try to turn it on before it has dried out. You should like the person said restore your phone if it's Jailbroken or Unlocked, I was at the Apple store yesterday for my Macbook Pros and asked about the dirt in my screen. I wasn't intending to get the new phone yesterday because I still had to backup and wipe the phone but the genius said they could wipe it in the store. She returned and said the Jailbreak apps meant she couldn't replace the phone. I had to restore it and bring the phone back in, so that is what I'm doing today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73