hi folks,i updated my iphone 3g to 3.0 but to my dismay i am not able to send mms....i am from india...can anyone help me regarding this?i dint update the carrier settings yet...do i have to update the carrier settings?can anyone educate me about carrier settings?
    07-05-2009 03:42 AM
    your in india? what carrier? here in the states AT&T is not allowing us to have MMS yet. people have found workarounds but they seem to be more trouble that they're worth. so most of us are patiently s=awaiting for our carrier to flip the imaginary switch.
    07-05-2009 03:46 AM
    When you send a text do you have a little camera icon next to where you input text?
    07-05-2009 02:48 PM
    I think in India a company called Airtel is providing iPhone service. So first call their customer care center and make sure that they are providing this service. Then ask them about the technical settings of your iPhone according to that company.

Or you can directly walk in to a customer care center & get all the details you want from them in this reagard.
    07-06-2009 03:24 AM
    i cant see the camera icon....i am with vodafone..its providing mms service....do i have to update the carrier settings?
    07-06-2009 09:40 AM
    you need to call either apple or your carrier. if your are allowed to get MMS then don't go messinwith the carrier settings. let either Apple or Vodaphone do that way theres no chance of voiding your warranty.
    07-06-2009 10:26 AM
    Update your carrier settings. That's what all of AT&T slaves are waiting for.

Only other options would be jailbreak (which is a scary thought for the non-advanced user or the lazy one) or email to the mms address of the receiver (recipientphonenumber@mms.att.net for example.) There's lists of those addresses online for other carriers, just use Google to find it.

If it doesn't work after the carrier update, call Vodaphone 'cause Apple has already done their part of the work.
    07-06-2009 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD