On my phone in settings i cant find notifications,and battery percentage
    If i update my iphone 3g black 8 gb model to the iphone 3g s software will these things work
    06-20-2009 03:21 PM
    notifications is at the top for the first page of settings.

there is no setting for battery percentage....supposedly you only get the percentage on the 3GS
    06-20-2009 03:35 PM
    I don't have tht on my phone it's just not tHere I have no idea why?
    Can anyone help
    06-20-2009 03:48 PM
    You don't get the Notifications option until you install a Push Notification enabled app
    06-20-2009 06:30 PM
    Notifications will appear once you install an app that supports push notifications. The battery percentage meter is only available on the iPhone 3GS for now. I believe this is one of those "only Apple knows why" type of implementations because the iPhone 3G is certainly "capable" of showing a percentage if Apple would just let it.
    06-20-2009 11:17 PM
    because the iPhone 3G is certainly "capable" of showing a percentage if Apple would just let it.
    No the 3G S has a new type of battery that is capable of telling the device exactly the percent. The iPhone and iPhone 3G is only capable of using a bar to symbolize the battery left.
    06-21-2009 12:20 AM
    No the 3G S has a new type of battery that is capable of telling the device exactly the percent. The iPhone and iPhone 3G is only capable of using a bar to symbolize the battery left.
    Thanks, that's the first time I've seen where it was actually the type of battery that was the reason the 3GS has the percent. Like the previous responder, I had thought it was just software that Apple left out.
    06-21-2009 12:39 AM
    I have to disagree with you there . This had been enabled by hacks during iPhone 3.0 beta and on top of that, there is a jailbroken app that displays the battery percentage in the same manner the 3GS does. How do you think the battery meter symbolizes the amount of charge left?
    06-21-2009 12:47 AM
    The point is That while the bar is only a loose estimate, number has got to be much more precise. And that is what the battery In iPhones prior to 3gs aren't capable of.
    06-21-2009 04:34 AM
    where was this mentioned?
    06-21-2009 11:42 AM
    The point is That while the bar is only a loose estimate, number has got to be much more precise. And that is what the battery In iPhones prior to 3gs aren't capable of.
    It would be nice if someone could post a link from Apple that states this.
    06-21-2009 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD