TiPb Lines Up for iPhone 3G S. Post Pics and Reports Here!

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Got to the Apple Store in NYC- W. 14th st. at 5:40am without a reservation and was done by 8am. There are 2 lines- one for reservations, and one without. They take 20 reservations and then 5 non-reservations. During a bathroom break, I saw several boxes labeled 50 16gb and 50 32gb through the window. I think I saw 4 boxes of the 16gb and 2 boxes of the 32gb. I can't say if there are more or if that's it for W. 14th. When I got in, there looked like to be about 200 people in line.

Overall, things went smoothly. You wait on the street, before being ushered right to the front of the entrance where you wait to be let in, then you go on the computer, then you pick out your accessories, then you finalize/pay, and you're done. No problems to report.

And I got my 32GB black iPhone :D

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Got mine about 15 minutes ago...no white in the store, and they only had the 32GB model...which was fine with me.

Now to figure out how to put everything on it.

Chris

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
Just got back from the Apple store. My wife was too busy to leave the house earlier (we're both working from home) and I needed her in order to take advantage of her company's discounted rate. When we got there I heard some grumblings about running low and I started to worry. There was one guy that walked into the store in front of us and no line, but all four or so sales reps in the process of ringing people up. So the guy ended up "starting" the line, with us behind him.

Once we were up, they asked what we wanted and when I said 32GB iPhone, she said no problem, they had both colors. We got one of each, just in case we might want to tell them apart (though I think my wife was a bit upset because she wanted black and I got cold feet about having the white one be mine). No biggie though as I told her we should probably get rubberized skins, so the back color will get covered up anyway.

They gave us "free" unlimited texting for the first month (though I don't think it's actually free - I think we have to call to cancel it and then get a refund for the first month). I'm going to try out Beejive, though, because I'm hoping to cancel texting altogether to save a few more dollars.

I also asked if we got free activation as part of her company's contract (which I already knew was not the case) and they said no. So then I pushed it and asked if we could get the activation waived anyway. He called the manager over and asked her, and she told me to call after 30 days and she could refund the activation for the primary line. So another little savings there.

Unfortunately, as I expected, our number of bars went to zero as we pulled up to our house. After pacing around inside near a window, I was able to eek one bar, and then call the phone as a test and it rang. Once connected, it seemed to sound OK, but I know that this won't be reliable for in-house use. I have a primary line, so it's not a big deal, but it would have been nice.

I know that Sprint has their Airave femtocell box and AT&T's supposedly been testing one of their own for a while. Anyone hear any updates as to when that might come out? Does anyone here have any experience with a signal repeater like the YX510-PCS-CEL?

mantarok

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I am new to iPhone. Got one for my wife at Christmas and have been waiting to get my own. My 3G S came around 12:05 EDT by Fed-Ex. Opened outer carton to make sure they sent the right one. They did. Now I get to stare at it in it's box until Sunday as it is my father's day present! Downloading apps and games like crazy!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Got our 32GB whites this morning. Got there at 1:30am, saw some CRAZY thunderstorms, were first in line, got in and out easy as anything.

(Woodfield Apple Store, schaumburg, IL)

I think my brother took pics last night, maybe some video, will check when g/f gets home from work (forgot the camera in her car)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Got our 32GB whites this morning. Got there at 1:30am, saw some CRAZY thunderstorms, were first in line, got in and out easy as anything.

(Woodfield Apple Store, schaumburg, IL)

I think my brother took pics last night, maybe some video, will check when g/f gets home from work (forgot the camera in her car)

Well well well... look who upgraded after all... ;)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Well well well... look who upgraded after all... ;)

we ended up being eligible when at&t switched their stuff around.

I admit when I'm wrong, and this was NOT a little upgrade. There is a LOT of improvements in this phone. Just the speed alone...WOW.

Oh has anyone went to general, accessibility and changed to white on black?

it looks pretty sweet (almost like a new skin), until u go into your photo library, CREEPY! haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner