TiPb Lines Up for iPhone 3G S. Post Pics and Reports Here!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! I honestly busted out laughing reading you to go back and forth... LOL!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
There were about 7 people at the AT&T store I just drove by. I can't go get one until later, so I will that store.

Chris

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Don't think it's as big as the 2G and 3G. I'm assuming a lot of people are going for the $99 3G.

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
Just called my local AT&T store. Neglected to ask them if there was a line, but I asked if they had a good number of the new iPhones in stock. She said that they had a lot of black 32GB's, but the other models were in shorter supply. She didn't convey any urgency in me getting to the store soon to get one, so I interpreted that to mean that there probably was no line currently (I believe they opened at 9am).

I was following a Bing cashback thread on slickdeals (and fatwallet) and was close to purchasing two iPhones thru AT&T's Premier site (for company discounts) using Bing, but then Bing stopped honoring the "double discount" (the Premier site would have given us a discount on the monthly rate but no extra discount on the phone - the Bing cashback nets you 35% cashback on the price of the phone). The Premier site discount for my wife's company is only about 10%, but coming from a Palm Treo on Sprint with a SERO plan (with company discount too) I'm looking to save every penny I can, because I'm looking at a significant rate increase. Still, the pre would have required me to change to a more expensive Sprint plan, and so the difference between the Sprint pre plan and the 10% discounted AT&T plan wasn't too far off. I confirmed with the store that we can get her company discount applied thru the store.

Anywhoo, I'm thinking of trying to get by with no text messaging add-on and instead buying something like Beejive. Anyone think that should work out well? The only text messages that I send/receive are with my wife anyway, and it sounds like the background push/notification should work well enough. Actually, I just thought of something...since I don't have good AT&T coverage inside of my house, maybe Beejive will be even better for this when I'm home. Will Beejive use WiFi and will the push notifications come via WiFi or does push need to use the AT&T network?

So if all goes well, I think I'm going to try to swing by the AT&T store sometime soon and pick up two new iPhones. Wish me luck!

goavs77

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
At the Apple Store here in south Denver, they split us into two lines - one with reservations, one without. They took all the reservations people in first. I was out the door with my activated phone 10 minutes after they lined us up inside the mall (and at about 6:45 AM MDT to boot!).

Fantastic. If all the 'black Friday' sales went as smoothly.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
This is what I had to deal with on the way to south beach, the road was totally closed and had to take a small toll road to get to the beach.

South Florida traffic: MacArthur Causeway in Miami closed following police-involved shooting -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
The only access into Miami Beach is via the Julia Tuttle Causeway (I-195 East) and Venetian Causeway.

The incident began at 10:56 p.m. when police responded to reports of a taxi being carjacked at Third Street and Alton Road in Miami Beach.

Police say the carjacker hit the taxi driver in the head with a gun, took control of the vehicle and crashed head-on into another car as he drove west in the causeway's eastbound lanes.

Police opened fire on the carjacker, who was taken to Ryder Trauma Center, where he was pronounced dead.

The other driver involved in the crash was not hurt.

The taxi driver is being treated at Mt. Sinai Hospital.

Last edited:

shakerpenguin

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I did not line up (work, hello!) but plan on going over to the Bayshore, Milwaukee store around 11. Supposedly there were about 75 people in line by 7, and the 32gb black is sold out. I reserved a 32gb white, though, and the apple guy said I should have no problem getting that :) I guess black is still more popular!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I did not line up (work, hello!) but plan on going over to the Bayshore, Milwaukee store around 11. Supposedly there were about 75 people in line by 7, and the 32gb black is sold out. I reserved a 32gb white, though, and the apple guy said I should have no problem getting that :) I guess black is still more popular!

The black wasn't more popular on the 3G, it's just the white didn't come in 8GB. For the 3Gs, they don't have as many blacks as they do whites.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Will Beejive use WiFi and will the push notifications come via WiFi or does push need to use the AT&T network?

So if all goes well, I think I'm going to try to swing by the AT&T store sometime soon and pick up two new iPhones. Wish me luck!

Yes, BeeJive works over wifi. That is actually a good idea.

/me crosses fingers. good luck.

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
My plan was to get two black 32GB models. My wife said she preferred black. I'm thinking that because of the glossy back, I will likely want to buy a thin rubber skin for it. With translucent skins, I'm wondering if the white might be better. Also, I'm wondering if the white might show scratches less than black.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Yawn!! The coffee is perculating as I wait for my phone.

Last night I actually filled out the presign paper in case UPS came before I woke up. I'm such a dork!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
My plan was to get two black 32GB models. My wife said she preferred black. I'm thinking that because of the glossy back, I will likely want to buy a thin rubber skin for it. With translucent skins, I'm wondering if the white might be better. Also, I'm wondering if the white might show scratches less than black.

Less scratches, but more cracks (it seems). Hopefully the new coating will minimize cracking and scratching. The white looks a lot better. I have the 3G with black and 3Gs with white. I originally had a white prior as well and like it better.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
White is cool...but if I am going to have it in a case all the time, I don't know if it is worth it (since you can't see it!).

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox