I am an Android developer, and would love to be able to get into iPhone development as well. Of course, as we all know, developing without the intended device is risky and should be avoided. Please, help me write better iPhone Apps by giving me a device to test on...
    06-18-2009 10:18 AM
    Though the video function and other improvements made the decision easier, I want the new iPhone because I can't resist its call anymore! The App store keep turning this device into a must-have for gadget geeks like me. I knew I wanted an iPhone for awhile, I just wanted to wait for the newest version.
    06-18-2009 10:19 AM
    Just came to the iPhone 2 months ago after trying the worst phone ever (blackberry storm) I wish I would of heard about the iphoneblog before I bought the phone, I would of just waited 2 months I was right outside the return date when I heard about the new one.
    Being probably one of the older Iphone users (IE 64) the number #1 reason I would like to have the 32g 3G S iphone is for it's video capability. Since I always have my phone with me, I could on the spur of the moment be able to take clips of one or more of my 5 grandchildren (who range from 5yrs to 16yrs old) and be able to share the clips with their great grandmother on subsiquent trips to visit her.
    I am still using the first generation iPhone. About a year into owning the phone, i dropped it and cracked the screen. Ever since then I've had to duck tape the screen for it not to fall to pieces. Being a college student, i could barely afford paying the monthly bill, so getting a new phone was out of the question. If i get this phone, i would finally stop worrying if at any second my phone will shatter and i will be left with nothing.
    I would like to surprise my wife with it actually. I am fine with the current model, but part of the reason I could never get my wife to take the plunge was because the 3g didnt support video and the still cam was less than provocative compared to some of the more affordable solutions out there. Her thing is videos and pics of the kids everywhere they go all the time! The fact that this one does video and has a better camera alone excites her; however we are not in the window to get it for $199 and cannot otherwise afford the regular price.
    I had an original iPhone for a while. I was not able to keep it as I mostly had to use my company phone on Verizon and it became a waste paying for an extra phone bill for a phone I could not use much. The iPhone was the best phone I ever used and would meet my needs perfectly today. The improvements to the 3G and 3GS make it even better. I will have one again, soon I hope...
    06-18-2009 10:20 AM
    I do own the 3G 16GB Black which I bought less than a year ago but I would like to upgrade because of the known difference: video(which I very much miss from my nokias), fast processing speed, and of course the larger capacity of 32GB!
    Because I want one! That's a good enough reason for me.
    Easy, my gen 1 iPhone just had half the screen tank last friday. Now I am out an iPhone and back to a little slider POS....
    why? for me, its the camera upgrade and faster processing speed. I use the camera for business purposes almost every day and need the better image quality. I'm also a gadgetmonster so I need it just because also...haha
    06-18-2009 10:21 AM
    I have the 1st gen iPhone and would like to get the 3Gs because I can't stand the slow network Edge speeds any longer.
    06-18-2009 10:21 AM
    I am certain my 3G has slowed down over the past year. Ruts in the silicon maybe . I want to upgrade to go faster.
    06-18-2009 10:22 AM
    I had the 2G, found myself in Safari more often than anything else so when the 3G was announced I was happy to wait in line for one. With the addition of HSDPA 7.2 and the faster CPU and GPU I will also be waiting in line for the 3GS.
    I made a deal with the devil. Bought the 3g on iPhone day last year with the conditions if Apple releases a new one in 2009 I have to wait in line for her. So, I'm planning on waiting in line, but don't want her to have the better product.
    I have had the iPhone 3G since the day it came out and waited in line for, well, quite a long time. I am a dedicated Apple fanatic and i would love to have the iPhone 3GS. It would really mean a lot to me and i would really appreciate it if i got the gift card.
    06-18-2009 10:23 AM
    Well I went and did it, let my wife see the iPhone, now I'm stuck with my Moto Q. It is by far the dumbest smartphone I've ever seen. I have an iPod Touch (which I love) but I still have to carry that dang Q around with me everywhere. And the biggest reason I want to change...quadband. All my AT&T and T-Mobile buddies were buying local SIM cards in Iraq last deployment, and I was stuck paying for overpriced phone cards and waiting in line for an hour just to call my iPhone loving wife. But you do over hear some very interesting conversations waiting for a phone.
    -dreaming of iPhone.
    History of my PDA - Phones:

Had Palm Pilot, Palm Professional, Palm III, Palm V then realized PALM just did not innovate any longer. Same device, same OS, just different hardware.

Then went to Blackberry Pearl. Loved it. Small, did all the Palm did and more, like a phone. For me was revolutionary. Innovative, etc.

But when I saw the iPhone, I was like wow, great concept. Great format. Great everything, except: No copy, cut and paste and no syncing with Notes. For me those 2 things were essential.

So . . I went with the Blackberry Storm. Was just a disappointment. Nothing but crashes and other issues. I heard the iPhone had it's growing pains, but nothing like the Storm. On top of that I had to get it unlocked and use it on Rogers as I was locked into a contract.

I still have my contract from the Pearl. Still some time to go, but now that the iPhone 3Gs is out. I am like this is the phone I have been waiting for.

Finally something that is as innovative as the the first Palm Pilot. The feature list is endless. The fact it now does video, copy, cut and past and can sync my notes is exactly what I need. And the fact it has Wifi and won't cost me an arm and a leg for data charges here in Canada when I use it at home.

As I probably will have to pay a pretty penny to Rogers to get the phone because my contact is not up AND my monthly voice charge is under their minimum, I cannot really afford the $700 they are asking.

So please bring me back from the dark side and help me see the light of innovation that has been missing from my life.

Thanks,
    Allan
    I have had an Instinct with Sprint since it launched. Did not have AT&T so I thought this would be a good substitute. WRONG. I need an iPhone. I am a Mac user and it is the best smart phone for Macs. There was nothing really about the 3G S that sold me, other than video, it was the timing. A new iPhone drops just under a month before my contract with Sprint is up and I can get with AT&T. It is fate. I NEED this phone. Please, please, please.
    06-18-2009 10:24 AM
    OK, THE biggest reason I'm going to update is: the compass. When driving around a large city, I use maps constantly. Having the map turn in the direction I'm walking/driving is sorely needed! I always have to turn the iPhone in all directions trying to get my bearings.
    06-18-2009 10:25 AM
    I have been a long time lurker first time poster! I wanted an iPhone since the 3G model was released, but I was dupped by Sprint thinking the Samsung In-STANK was a iPhone killer. Currently on my Second instinct and waiting for my contract to expires in the coming months.

Played with my friends iPhone and now I can not wait to join the party! I want an iPhone, since there are no iPhone killers, just the real deal!

The 3Gs makes it that much more appealing!
    06-18-2009 10:25 AM
    The #1 reason I want an iPhone is I DO NOT OWN A CELL PHONE!!!...never had the use for one...but have an iTouch...but since my neighbor down the hall told me the extras she uses it for more than the phone...it's a phone to have in NYC!!!

Cheers and Thanks,
    Tony Cruz
    165 Christopher street Apt 3w
    nyc,ny 10014
    USA
    06-18-2009 10:27 AM
    The reason I would like to upgrade to the new 3G S is because I was an original iPhone user. I bought the 2G after the price drop and unfortunately it was an omen to what happened to my phone. After a night out in buffalo I dropped my phone on the concrete and it cracked at the top. Me and my kids loved my iPhone (they liked to draw pictures with the various paint and doodle apps). So being without an iPhone for about a year has left me with some very serious withdrawals. Luckily I had an old HTC Tilt to use in its place; its a good phone but doesnt have that cool factor. So getting a new 3G S would be a rebirth and plus I would get to brag to everyone about my newer iPhone!
    06-18-2009 10:28 AM
    I just want to make all my friends jealous that I was able to get an upgraded iPhone 3G[S]. Even though I just got the 3G. None of them are eligible for an upgrade right now. I wana LOL!
    06-18-2009 10:29 AM
    I am currently in school to become a chiropractor. I upgraded to the iPhone 3G last november and I love it. The problem is that was when I had a job and before I entered school for chiropractic. Now I am taking 33 credit hours and have school everyday 7:20am-8pm so I have no time to have a job. There are a lot of really cool apps and documents that I want to access during school to study or for reference like Netter's Anatomy flash cards but they run so slow on the 3G and since I only have an 8GB 3G I have little room to store extras. I also do not have the money to upgrade even when I can in November. Please help me by picking me to win the 32GB iPhone 3G S so I can use it in school. Thank you
    06-18-2009 10:29 AM
625 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD