The biggest reason I want to upgrade from my current 3G is because of the Speed and Battery Life.

I am currently in Iraq and although I can't use the phone as a phone here currently, I still use every other aspect of it daily. I connect to a wifi router and it keeps track of my life, both here and back in the "real world." I use alarms, notes, to-do apps, evernote, and a slew of other apps - not to mention the built in iPod, games, etc just to give me my daily dose of relaxation in a hellish existence. 32GB would just about contain my whole collection instead of having to randomize playlists all the time.

As a corollary should AT&T offer the discounted upgrade path I will miss out because I will still be here when the offer expires!
    06-18-2009 10:01 AM
    O iPhone, O iPhone, where art thou,
    As my Razr acts like it's always sweating at the brow;
    Buzzing and whizzing is what it's best at,
    I'm surprised I haven't already reunited it with a bat;

Along with weather and mail and stocks and maps,
    iPhone, I know I'll never run out of your beautiful apps;
    Trism, TapTap and Google Earth,
    O iPhone, I'll buy you what you're really worth;

O iPhone, O iPhone, where art thou,
    I'll always have you, to this I give my best vow,
    Although some carriers choose to ignore you at your best,
    O iPhone, with you I'll always be truly blessed;

O iPhone, O iPhone, oh how I adore thy,
    A prisoner to my Razr, to thee I cry;
    Dear iPhone, Dear iPhone, one I've never had,
    I promise I'll never treat you like another Apple fad;

O iPhone ... O iPhone ... where art thou;
    I really hope I win this contest, truly now;
    O iPhone ... O iPhone ... come to me soon,
    With out you, it's like eating spaghetti with a spoon;
    Although it may work after try and try,
    O iPhone, my dear iPhone, please try not to make me cry...

*Freddie Mercury appears out of nowhere and begins singing You're My Best Friend*
    Need 3G S for video of my new baby to share with the family...also would make full use of the camera...
    I want the iPhone 3G S for speed. I need the fastest and latest tech... a must for me... please send my way! Thanks guys!
    06-18-2009 10:02 AM
    The main reason I want the 3Gs:

I have two adorable daughters under the age of 5, who routinely are doing something crazy funny. I don't always have my video camera with me, but I always have my phone. The 3Gs will allow me to capture those moments.
    06-18-2009 10:03 AM
    Simple - speed. I guess the "S" in "3G S" stands for speed and I think that gets glossed over by most people who are just looking at what they get that is "new." More than anything else I want what I have now - only better/faster.
    Bill
    06-18-2009 10:03 AM
    About to take a job for the state department and i need a high speed phone.
    Cant get one through Att cause they want 500$ plus the phone. I had one but i bought a 2g iphone and i tried to upgrade to 3.0, now it wont let me upgrade because I dont have a sim card anymore or a number. I am a college grad with no money about to move to Washington D.C. I had a blackberry before but nothing like a iphone.
    06-18-2009 10:04 AM
    For me, the most attractive feature is Voice Control. I dont understand why it's not possible on the 3G, but that's another post. But that's what's tempting me to upgrade.
    06-18-2009 10:06 AM
    I'm just looking to upgrade from my 1st gen iPhone to the new 3Gs. With its faster speed, video recording capabilities, and voice control, it's a must have.
    06-18-2009 10:06 AM
    After having my iPhone 3G for almost a year, I've discovered that the biggest feature it lacks is video recdording. I'd love to record a quick and dirty video on the fly, but I'm stuck carrying my Zi6 everywhere with me. It'd be so much better to have one device to do it all, and allow me to share video so easily as well. Plus my wife would LOVE to have my current 3G iPhone. O hope you guys make our year!
    06-18-2009 10:07 AM
    Consolidation!! I've patiently been waiting to purchase this "magic box" and lay my point and shoot camera, iPod touch, laptop for movies on flights, netbook for simple surfing, and my Treo 750 to rest. Plus, I bet I could skip it across the city pool, soooo there's that.
    06-18-2009 10:07 AM
    The memory upgrade is the obvious reason to upgrade. I am really hoping apps wont crash anymore and everything will chug along a bit faster.

I'm also really excited for Nike+ integration, but I feel like I'm the only one.
    06-18-2009 10:09 AM
    I have had an iPhone 3G for a little less than a year and have loved every minute of having it. I am a techno-dork like so many Apple fans, and I want the latest and greatest!

Ben
    I currently have a nokia piece-o-crap 2 year old phone. I have been impressed with the Iphone, and would enjoy having a phone that does not cut off when I shake it, close the lid down hard, or open the lid to fast (I think the nokia is tired of me also). I am ready to step into the future of electronics and leave behind the drop calls of yesterday. Also it looks pretty sweet.

hello! hello! Can you here me now or has my phone shorted out again
    Video!!
    06-18-2009 10:11 AM
    My family assumed I would be upgrading my iPhone 3G. My father has talked about inheriting my 3G. My daughter is too well-behaved to ask, but my wife has pointed out she will shortly turn the age we told her she could get a cel phone. A new iPhone 3G would not only be a nice upgrade for me, but it would set off a chain reaction in my family. An upgrade from tIpb would give me somebody to blame at this summer's family reunion
    06-18-2009 10:12 AM
    Well, I'll be honest with you, I'm want to get an iPhone for my husband. He's a Mac guy, & he really wants an iPhone! I've made him wait, and he actually said he's glad I did, this new one has all the features he wants. (He's also ready to throw his Blackberry out the window) So I'd love to give my husband, who is also the best dad in the world, a new iPhone for Father's Day!
    I've had a blackberry pearl for quite a while now. The battery cover doesn't stay on anymore and I've been meaning to upgrade for a while now. What better phone to upgrade to than the 3gs?
    i need one because my wife was playing with my 3g and some how dropped it off our deck and it landed on our brick patio and busted into pieces it was 6months old at&t wont let me up grade to the 3gs unless i pay the full price and im poor. gota love wifes !!!!
    06-18-2009 10:14 AM
    I don't have an iPhone because I am a poor doctoral student. Having one would be really helpful for my studies and for keeping me organized. I'd love to have one, especially because I can rarely afford any Apple products at all. Thanks for considering me.
    06-18-2009 10:15 AM
    i want to upgrade for the newer camera and the video feature. working in video production, i think it would be amazing to have the ability to shoot and edit video in my pocket at all times.
    06-18-2009 10:16 AM
    Give me that.... 3-G-S, Give me that S
    Give me that ....3-G-S, Give me that S !!!
    What if it were you, giving me that new phone?
    That new Apple toy I would love as my own!!!

(sing it to McDonald's "filet-O-fish" commercial)

Justin
    My First Gen 20G iPod Photo just isn't cutting it anymore. Would love to merge my mp3 Player into my phone. (I'm using a Blackberry Curve now...don't tell the crackberry team what I'm up to!) haha.
    I've had my iPhone 3G for about 3 months and like it so much better than the BB Curve I had. I would upgrade, just because. Plain and simple .
    06-18-2009 10:17 AM
    I too have the 1st gen IPhone that runs on the EDGE network. love the phone hate the network speeds. looking forward to being able to load the Tipb IPhone forums in under 2 minutes! yep it's that slow(ok no its not but it feels like it). So my one deciding reason is current and future network speeds
    06-18-2009 10:18 AM
625 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD