I have been on my Treo 700p for close to 3 years now. While I love the device, as a phone it really leaves something to be desired. I would be interested in the OTHER Palm device which will go unamed but really don't want to be on the Sprint network which doesn't work very well at my house.

Don't get me wrong, I do not consider the iPhone to be a consolation prize. I have been clamboring to get an iPhone (almost took the dip into the 3G) but wanted to wait for the "bump" with the extra storage (32GB yeah!) that I was hoping for in January. Well, since I waited that long, another few months didn't seem bad. Also, playing with my wife's iPhone 3G (she always considered herself a second class citizen since she got my phone castoffs. But for the past year she has definitely had the BEST phone between the two of us) has only made my desire for the 3G S that much more!

I have to admit that I was hoping for the iPhone HD, but I guess that will have to wait until next year.
    06-18-2009 09:06 AM
    I am definitely getting the new iPhone 3GS. Two years ago I decided to wait for a couple of years for the price to come down and improvements to be made to the device. I also had stated that I wanted at least a 30gB device. So now my contract with Verizon is almost up and I am counting the days for the switch to the iPhone. Can not wait!
    My company won't pay to upgrade my iPhone 2G, so if I don't win one in this giveaway, I'm going to have to wait until I'm eligible next year.

Rene and TiPb, you guys are the best! Love that you do Twitter updates!
    I've been rolling with the iPhone 2G since November 07. Not an early adopter, and budgetary concerns prevented getting the phone in June. When the iPhone 3G came out, there just didn't seem to be enough new "stuff" to warrant an upgrade. However, with the new capabilities that 3.0 and 3G S offer in the realm of MMS and video, among other things, the new iPhone 3G S has gotten me excited all over again!
    I may be boring, but for me it's mostly about the extra capacity. I spent at least a half hour yesterday removing apps and songs from my 3G because it wouldn't let me sync because it was out of memory. The 32GB will allow me to carry my whole iTunes music library (which I haven't been able to do on an iPod in about 4 years), as well as plenty of video podcasts, a few movies and whatever large apps I want, without having to worry about shuffling things around to make room.

I'm also excited about the speed boost -- I'd like the phone to be a little bit snappier and less prone to crashing.
    So I can give my 3G to my wonderful wife....
    06-18-2009 09:07 AM
    So I got my iPhone 2g way back when 1.1.1 first came out. Jailbroke it and unlocked it, and now I use it with T-Mobile to this day. I want to be able to go on AT&T but their service in my area is just so awful surprisingly.
    So after sometime, my iphone has been warn out, and you can tell its getting old. The thing lags, even after restore, and ever freezes up. I have to press the power button on and off sometimes just so I can continue typing out a text message due to me getting another text message, if you can't tell lag is become a issue with my phone saddly. even if I restore it. it still lags magicly.
    Its awful I tell you! and such a pain. I need a new iPhone. A 3gs would be amazing if I got one!

8 gigs now days isnt much space D:
    specially with all the apps and music everyone seems to has now days. Plus video recording on the new 3.0FW?!
    come on. 8 gigs is going to fill up PRETTY fast. Not to mention I also usually jailbreak my FW and all the themes and cydia stuff and ringtones. heh yeah 8 gigs fills up pretty fast.

Also having 3g would mean soooo muuuuch to me. The edge network is soooo slow, but I guess it builds patience (heh remember dial up?)
    So please, pick meeee
    Last edited by Dickey; 06-18-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    06-18-2009 09:07 AM
    I would like the new iPhone so that I am no longer an iPhone virgin. I have patiently waited because I kept hoping the AT&T exclusivity would fade, but this most recent model is too pretty. I am considering finally giving up my faithful Verizon service in order to have the pretty iPhone.

Should I actually end up winning it, I would certainly switch with no hesitation.
    06-18-2009 09:08 AM
    I am unable to show my wide variety in music with 16gb of memory. I need the 32gb to show how wide and eclectic of a selection of music that I have........

It is either that or I just need more room for music that 1) I never listen to, 2) I don't know where I got it, 3) embarressed if anyone ever saw that I had it, or 4)is a different version of the same song 3 or 4 times.

Thanks
    06-18-2009 09:09 AM
    I would love to have the new iPhone because, when we take our vacation, we can leave behind the bulky video camera and maybe even the regular camera!
    06-18-2009 09:10 AM
    Heck... I'd like the iPhone 3GS because I won't be buying one myself unless I win it somewhere (having just bought the 3G about 2 months ago and not eligible for subsidized pricing until Oct 2010).

Additionally, the biggest draw to me is having a better camera and video recorder all in one device so I can share with the grandparents what my little kids do.
    06-18-2009 09:11 AM
    I'd like to upgrade my iPhone to the 3G S, because i desperately need the compass and rotating Maps App to use the device for proper navigation. Great feature! My girlfriend would then get the old phone. :-)
    06-18-2009 09:11 AM
    It will cause a release of dopamine in my nucleus accumbens providing me a much needed fix. I was barely able to uncurl off the floor in the corner of the room to post my entry. Hands sshhakkkkkyyy, need fix.
    06-18-2009 09:12 AM
    I want to upgrade for all the new stuff the phone has. I don't have a video camera and would love to be able to remember those moments the kids have, in all their glory, still pics just don't cut it some times. I want the speed of the new phone and I want to carry my whole music library with me where ever I go.
    06-18-2009 09:13 AM
    Honestly I think I deserve it and my boyfriend would be completely jealous!
    06-18-2009 09:14 AM
    I've had the Zack Morris cell phone since 1985 and I've decided it's time to upgrade due to the poor battery life, can you help? Preppie?
    06-18-2009 09:14 AM
    I have an iphone 8gb since December, after being a Sony Ericsson/Symbian fan for almost 4 years. I thought all this apple stuff, and specially the iPhone, in terms of the hype it generates, the obsessive folowing by annoying fanboys, etc, was very much like Scientology.

What can i say now, 6 months later? Well, im Tom Cruise, and im jumping on sofas with the iphone in my hand.

So, when i saw the 3GS, the fastest iPhone ever, being presented on WWDC, i got an urge to have it. More than a common desire, its now turned into an obsession that is affecting my well-being. I need help. The Iphone Blog can provide that help, and restore my sanity.

06-18-2009 09:15 AM
    I would like to get the 3GS because I want to give my iPhone 3G to my wife. She deserves it and she is always on the road for her job helping kids get into college and it would be helpful for her to have the GPS and the email capabilities to link to her work addy.

She won't switch with me (even though I offered, hoping she would say no, LOL) for her crappy samsung. She would take the iPhone only if I have one for myself and we cannot afford to upgrade.
    06-18-2009 09:16 AM
    I've been in Iraq with my iphone 2g for about 9 months now and it has really taken a beating. I bought it when it first came out, which was quite a hit on a soldier's salary, but I've always been a bit of a gadget nerd. I didnt upgrade to the 3G purely because the places i get stationed never have 3G capabilities. I am planning on upgrading to the 3GS however because while my dusty, slightly scratched current iphone has been by best friend for the last 9 months - its time for a change. I'm leaving the military in a few months to attend law school and move back east so 3G networks, "here i come"
    06-18-2009 09:16 AM
    For me, the deal maker, believe it or not, is the compass... well, to be precise, the application of the compass.

If you've taken a look at the Layer app for Android (Google Layar and Android), you will know just what is possible when a device knows not only your geolocation but also your orientation; this strikes me as a scene-changer. I don't think it will take long for the Google guys to see the benefits of this capability with Maps/Earth, and imagine the second generation of iPhone astronomy applications, precisely detailing the night sky as you are viewing it, without the need for any configuration.

What initially appears to be something of a 'so what' addition to the 3Gs - the compass - will I think cause the greatest impact.

Add to that the benefit of being able to pass on my 3G to my daughter (so that I would actually get to USE the 3Gs sometimes!), and I can think of no better reason why I need the 3Gs.
    Last edited by bedbug; 06-18-2009 at 09:21 AM.
    06-18-2009 09:17 AM
    I don't wan't the 3G S..... I NEED the 3G S....
    Really though, I have been waiting for the new model for the past 9 months. My contract with Verizon was up and I was itching to get the iPhone, but I held off because I knew I would be dissapointed if I waited. Boy am I glad I did.
    Last edited by bveno33; 06-18-2009 at 09:23 AM.
    I have been using an old LG 8300 for the last 3 years or so and now I'm ready to have a real phone. The iPhone is so feature rich I would really be beneficial for me. The new GS with a faster processor, more memory and larger storage space is exactly what I want. This is exactly what I need now that I am out of college and in the workforce and always on the go. So please choose me.
    Two parts

1. I need my iphone to do my job
    2. my wife has my old 2G. The ringer sucks and I want to give her my 3G
    I like to take pictures of me flipping the bird and then email them. If I had the 3G S, I could send MOVIES of me flipping the bird!

Christian
    06-18-2009 09:18 AM
    The main reason I would get this phone is to use it as a high performing voip phone outside the AT&T network + play with all the excellent apps. Although, I think the app store's entry bar is a wee bit to high. Sending it down the isle with AT&T was and is a horrible mistake from a consumer's perspective.
    06-18-2009 09:19 AM
625 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD