I want it because it is wayy faster!
    06-18-2009 05:27 PM
    Ok some one must have deleted my post please forgive me.

I would love win the 3Gs for my work mate as he dropped his last week and apple won't fix it, I would love to give this to him and I will also buy one myself, so please let this come true tipb. This is just perfect. So if I do win he won't have to cancel his plan. And loose all his stuff.

Thanks again for reading.
    06-18-2009 05:31 PM
    hi.
    the first iPhone i've got was one of the first ones here in Lithuania. i was proud, and the iPhone was happy to discover undiscovered countries. i've given him name similar to mine. and now ieverything's gone. i'm fired, my precious' iPhone's screen is broken, and they're not going to sell the 3Gs here for a months (or maybe forever). it's terrible, guys! give me some hope, fellas
    skomantas, sincere follower from LT.
    06-18-2009 05:34 PM
    The #1 reason I want to upgrade? Capacity! I've had my 8GB fist gen iPhone since day 1 and I have loved every moment of it. It's been a real top notch device and even after nearly 2 years of use, and some accidental abuse. Can you say flying out of my lap across a blacktop parking lot face down? And that was just on day 2 but despite this and other calamities it still looks practically new. Bet no one will be saying that about a Pre 2 years from now when all their soft "real" keyboard keys are warn down, the letters are illegible, and the plastic screen is all scratched to hell. I will miss the metal back but I digress.

My iPhone first gen has been by far the best consumer device that I've ever owned but it's time to move on. I love it to death but 8GB just doesn't cut it anymore. At least I didn't settle for the 4GB which almost happened. After standing in line at an AT&T store on day one they ran out of 8GB 2 people ahead of me. I nearly settled for 4GB just so I could have one in my hands. Wow that would have hurt, but a quick trip to a nearby Apple Store and I was one happy camper.

Now that I have nearly 2GB of apps but still want to use my iPhone for Music, Audio Books, Podcast, email, photos and everything else we love our iPhones for without having to reshuffle my content constently. Needless to say, although there are several exciting features on the new iPhone 3G s, all of which I will put to good use, capacity is still my #1 reason for wanting to upgrade.
    06-18-2009 05:39 PM
    My loyalty to Apple began at age 8, when I used my underdeveloped persuasive skills to convince my mom to buy a Macintosh 128k from a nearby garage sale. I would retreat to my room for hours, pecking at the keys and pretending to be a scientist. Apparently, scientist spend a lot of time on Mac Paint. You can imagine my disappointment when the "happy computer" image changed to a "sick computer" image for the last time.

After my first computer's destruction, my father enforced a strict "no Macintosh under my roof" policy. Never mind that his PC crashed every two or three weeks, my ancient machine had gone to pot, which meant anything bearing an Apple logo was complete junk.

I spent my adolescence as a Mac addict in a PC world. I reveled any chance I got to use a Mac, but never got one to call my own. Salvation came in 2001, in the form of a little device called an iPod.

I was one of the first people to purchase an iPod in my state. The significant problem with this purchase was that I had no MP3s whatsoever. I bought the iPod simply because it was an Apple product that my father wouldn't recognize as such. Eventually, some music found its way onto my device.

I've been a chronic updater ever since. I've owned nearly a dozen different iPods from several generations. As soon as I went off to college, I bought an iBook, and have since upgraded that. I also own an iMac. I've stood in line for both the iPhone and the iPhone 3G.

Now, though, my Apple addiction takes second priority to a new part of my life: my burgeoning family. With a lovely new wife at home and a (hopefully lovely) baby on the way, upgrading my already-awesome phone seems pretty frivolous. Fighting against the impulse to camp out in front of the Apple store and drop a few hundred bucks has made this week especially trying.

I would love to win the 3G S so as to not break tradition, to add to my collection of Apple gear, and to quiet the nagging little voice that whispers buy it, buy it, buy it.
    06-18-2009 05:39 PM
    because its the best phone...period.
    06-18-2009 05:41 PM
    I Would really like to make this my first Iphone, because I've always wanted to have one but just because I've been under contract with Sprint, i just haven't been able... I think this is the chance just because my contract is over already, and I'm tired of this Black Krzr that I've had for almost 2-3 yrs already. I know there are going to be a bunch of people that will say oh so now that you're not under contract with you don't switch to A&TT .. And I would love to, but I don't have the money to pay for an Iphone and then get under contract. I'm 21 Yr college student , that has been paying for all my classes since 05' , and currently Unemployed , trying to land a Job.

So after I read this Iphone 3G S contest, the other day I've been hoping, and praying every single night to be the winner so I could have my first Iphone ever.

Thanks so much, and God bless ya'll for doing this for people "like me" that has been Apple fans since their beginnings

-Ronny
    06-18-2009 05:42 PM
    I Would really like to make this my first Iphone, because I've always wanted to have one but just because I've been under contract with Sprint, i just haven't been able... I think this is the chance just because my contract is over already, and I'm tired of this Black Krzr that I've had for almost 2-3 yrs already. I know there are going to be a bunch of people that will say oh so now that you're not under contract with sprint, why you don't switch to A&TT .. And I would love to, but I don't have the money to pay for an Iphone and then get under contract. I'm 21 Yr college student , that has been paying for all my classes since 05' , and currently Unemployed , trying to land a Job.

So after I read this Iphone 3G S contest, the other day I've been hoping, and praying every single night to be the winner so I could have my first Iphone ever.

Thanks so much, and God bless ya'll for doing this for people "like me" that has been Apple fans since their beginnings

-Ronny
    06-18-2009 05:44 PM
    I would love an iPhone 3GS for the fact that I think it is the best phone out there and would love to be able to call one mine. I have a 8GB 3G right now and it has been the best phone I have ever owned.
    06-18-2009 05:44 PM
    I do not have one. But my wife has an iPod Touch. And I want one because it is simply, without question, the most amazing gadget I have ever seen.
    06-18-2009 05:53 PM
    I've got the 3G and its great, but I need me some more speed. Not too many developers have gone with games that load up quick for a few minutes of play. Its no fun spending half of my available time loading apps. So an iPhone 3GS would really help me out.
    06-18-2009 05:54 PM
    Snagging one of these cool new 32GB iPhone 3G S beauties would work wonders for me. I'm a therapist by profession, and I'm working on setting up a private practice. As I deal with people that sometimes are in crisis, it's REALLY helpful for me to have the client's files on my phone, accessible if there's an emergency that comes up. Client files can be rather spacious, so having the extra 16GB (14.84 for sticklers), compared to my 3G right now, would be amazing. As well, the 3G S is just so damn cool...sure, it's not a huge update from the 3G, but it's significant enough. Thanks TiPB!
    06-18-2009 05:55 PM
    I stood in line for the first iPhone back in 2007 because I felt it was revolutionary. I loved it so much I skipped the 3G iPhone because I felt it wasn't much of an upgrade. "$599" I thought back in 07, "Oh well it's amazing and it's only money." Two years later and my outlook and attitude have changed. After losing my job 4 months ago and currently still looking, I now think and rationalize about every purchase I make. You really start to see what's important after you lose a job you've had for 8 years. I was going to skip this year's phone as well since I need to conserve my money. Unfortunately, my 1st gen iPhone which has served me well for almost two years slipped out of my hand last Tuesday and the glass cracked to the point of unusability. I'm going to have to get the cheapest phone from AT&T as a replacement as it's the only number potential employers have to contact me. It's been a bummer of a year for me and millions of other people. So yes I'd love an iPhone to replace my old one but I'd give up a thousand iPhones just to have a new job again.
    06-18-2009 05:58 PM
    The main reason I want to upgrade to an iphone is because I have been using a BlackBerry for the past year and it has not lived up to my standards. iphone has more of what I am looking for in a phone.
    06-18-2009 06:01 PM
    also a blackberry user here and fed up with my 8830. It's questionable whether ATT's service will be comparable to verizon's in my area, but I think the iPhone is worth it! Our contract is coming to an end and we'll be getting two iphones anyway, hoping to get some help with it
    06-18-2009 06:07 PM
    I would love to have the new 3G S because my 8GB 3G is running out of space. I never have any videos on it because then I wouldn't have room for my songs or podcasts. Also the camera auto focus would be a great feature to have. Please help a fellow tipb member to win this great prize
    06-18-2009 06:11 PM
    Love the podcast! I have learned so much from you guys.
    I am an iPhone evangelizer- I have purchased five- count 'em, 5- iPhone 3G's and have personally recommended the phone to nearly three dozen others who have subsequently purchased the phone. I am an app addict as well- I enjoy being able so say "There's an app for that!", it sells the phone and adds to the enjoyment of helping others. I will give my current 3G iPhone to my daughter as a gift.
    Keep the podcast and the blog rollin!
    06-18-2009 06:19 PM
    This will be my first purchase of an Iphone. I have looked and tried them all and the Iphone is the best. I don't like the clicking of the storm. To many bad things I have heard about them. I like the Iphone because it has a lot of fun apps that I have seen from friends.
    06-18-2009 06:19 PM
    The #1 reason I want the iPhone is because Apple knew I needed one so bad they are releasing them on my birthday to replace the busted Sony Ericsson Z520a that I'm hoping to replace before I have to hold it together with duct tape. It would be the awesomest birthday ever.
    06-18-2009 06:28 PM
    I bought the 1st generation iPhone as a present for my younger brother, but he couldn't afford it. Now, he finished school last year and he is working two jobs to pay off his bills. I am hoping to win the iphone 3g s and give it to him as a present. I am willing to wait for get an upgrade for myself.
    06-18-2009 06:29 PM
    I currently have an iPhone 3G and I think it's the greatest portable device ever.

If I won an iPhone 3G S I would give my 3G to my wife who hates the iPhone because she thinks that I love it more that her.

This way she can discover the greatness of the iPhone and we can love the iPhone in unison.

Thanks in advance!
    06-18-2009 06:35 PM
    im not going to sit around here and make up some bs about why you should give the phone to me, i could honestly care less. i have a 3g with 3.0 and its friggin great! i am so glad i ditched my berry for this. so give me the 3g-s or dont, does not matter to me the lease bit, i am so used to not winning anyways.
    06-18-2009 06:39 PM
    I got my iPhone first generation as a birthday gift slightly over a year ago. It's been great. Needless to say, it can't hold a candle to the 3G and certainly not the 3GS. I love to go GeoCaching and with the GPS functionality, Compass, and even a much better camera it's going to be loads of additional fun. So many new features I guess I'm just going to have give up sleep
    06-18-2009 06:44 PM
    There is really only one answer to why anyone would want an iPhone 3G[S]:

I've got the need - the need for [S]peed!
    06-18-2009 06:53 PM
    I was an Apple-is-evil guy until about a month ago when my bro got a mac mini. Ever since then, I've had a huge paradigm shift and have become somewhat obsessed with Apple products. Problem: I'm the stereotypical broke college kid.

I would love to get the iPhone 3G-S as my first official Apple product.

I also want to program iPhone apps, but it's impossible to do without an iPhone.
    06-18-2009 06:53 PM
625 ... 2122232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD