the speed! and the ability to be able to record all supported by apple like jailbreaking was fun but to have it official by apple makes it better to me

06-18-2009 03:53 PM
    I want the 3GS because it has video recording, is almost twice as fast, and just because the feeling of having the latest and greatest is pretty dang good.
    06-18-2009 04:00 PM
    the reason I want to upgrade is because I have 4,00 songs and can't fit them on my 16GB iPhone 3G.
    I love music and it's my passion. I want all my music on my phone. I also want to upgrade because am not eligable for an upgrade yet and I cracked my screen when I was skateboarding, and the processing power of the new iPhone 3GS is breath taking. I also want to video tape me and my friends skateboarding and upload it directly to YouTube. all if this would be amazing.
    that is why I'd like to get an iPhone 3GS.
    06-18-2009 04:02 PM
    So I sold my iPhone 2G right after I bought my 3G on craiglist. Woke up literally the day of WWDC and found out some friends had put a gigantic scratch in the screen halfway up from the bottom and right in the middle (don't ask me it was Panama City). So I HAVE to have this 3Gs otherwise I'll be known as the dork with the scratched screen and no money to buy a 3Gs.
    06-18-2009 04:05 PM
    I want to give my 3G iphone to my wife so she can experience how wonderful this device!
    06-18-2009 04:07 PM
    It's all about the all in one device. A phone, music player and a real camera. How do you beat that?
    I'd like to upgrade because my current iPhone is just about a year old and rather than have it get too attached to me, I think it's better to cut the cord now before things get even more serious.
    i started my smartphone madness with the Palm Treo 700P. and while i liked the device, it was bulky and didn't have any sort of 'push' email. and i HATED the antenna that stuck out!

so due to a nice sale, i upgraded to the BlackBerry Curve 8330. it has been a great phone. but as it approaches it's 2-year birthday i have noticed the battery not holding it's charge any longer, it's lagging miserably, and it just doesn't have the browser and applications that i'm looking for.

enter the iPhone 3G S. i've been doing my research on iPhones for nearly 6 months straight. and TiPb (and it's members) has been a GREAT source of info for me! i was all ready to make the switch (with some reservation) to AT&T from Verizon. but after announcing the release of the 3G S, i have ZERO reservations. i rarely make calls anymore, so the fact that AT&T's cellular service is mediocre at best is of little concern to me.

so i am getting my 1st ever iPhone (the 3G S) on August 1st. the same day my Verizon contract expires. i plan on going big and getting the 32gb black version. figure i'll keep the 3G S for at LEAST 2 years since it's such a fast and reliable smartphone. i'd LOVE to win this contest and thanks for the opportunity!
    06-18-2009 04:09 PM
    A silhouetted figure walks onto the cliff, looking down below at the masses,

"I come from a far away land!"

A loud voice echo's and a bolt of lightning fly's across the sky!!!! Only to light the side of this mysterious figures face for a moment. Showing the woe and distress upon him.

"Crackberry.com" he bellowed.

The crowd of people hushed and began to stare at him with gazing eyes. Murmurs begin to ripple forth through the crowded masses.

"did he just say?...."
    "oh my gosh... he better of not said?"
    "does he know he's in the wrong place?"

"But wait my fellow iphone friends!"
    The character upon the cliff lowers his head in a pondering fashion.

"Don't fear me, I don't come to bring bad news, I come tell a story"

"One of lust, betrayal, love , hate...."

As the dimly figure sat down and began to convey his story.
    Looking upon every one of the on lookers eyes. You could see from the amazing different arrays of expressions, this was not a story for the faint of heart. This was a story of challenges, dreams, and hopes that were yearning to be filled.

But as the dark silhouetted figure slowed to a crawl in speech, you could see a single tear roll down his cheek. You knew at that moment his tale of sorrow was at an end. He finished on one last note......

"and that is why i need an iphone 3g s"

(p.s. even if i don't win, thanks for listening :P. Also i'll apologize in advance for my terrible grammar and spelling skills)
    06-18-2009 04:12 PM
    Why do I want the 32gb 3gs? Because I'm a status-*****, obsessed with worldly posessions, doy!!
    06-18-2009 04:13 PM
    Simply two words: Size & Speed.

Purchased the original iPhone just weeks after it was released. Did not upgrade to 3G knowing something spectacular would be arriving this summer.

While I still love my 2G iPhone as much as the day I got it, it does struggle with many of the web apps I attempt to use on it daily (Fever, for one). The prospect of the speed increases 3Gs promises is too much to pass up this time around. Plus, EDGE is a complete joke utterly unusable, so looking forward to 3G cellular and beyond for sure.

And now with over-the-air video downloads, 4x the memory of my original 2G iPhone is really going to come in handy.

Wow, after writing this, now I really need that iPhone 3G s!!

Thanks for the opportunity!
    06-18-2009 04:14 PM
    If I got the new 3GS, i'd give my mom my iphone 3G, she's still using a motorola razor v3i
    06-18-2009 04:16 PM
    I would love to upgrade to the new Iphone 3G S so that I could give my first gen Iphone to my dad for Fathers day, making him happy and making another Apple convert in the process!
    06-18-2009 04:19 PM
    For some time now I've had an idea to create a video installation using iPhones as a commentary on how we experience media. I'm a filmmaker and co-founder of a nonprofit media arts organization in Richmond, VA and we host the annual James River Film Festival as well as regular screenings of independent, avant garde, and experimental films throughout the year. Because we gather people together to watch films (believing there's something special about getting people together, you know, "the shared experience"), I think a lot about the role of media. I've been interested for some time in this relatively new, personal media experience. I'm also a bit of a tech head -- musician, filmmaker, and Apple user since the late-80s. Anyway, some time back I had this idea to create a big screen out of many iPhones and have an installation that simulates a movie theatre experience, except you could approach the screen and pull off any one of the iPhones (on a tether like in Apple stores) to view up close the tiny rectangular section of the big screen or tap the screen ala Google maps to zoom out to watch the entire image of the movie in your palm. When returned to it's place in the big screen it would automatically reorient itself (probably on some timer) to its place as a part of the larger image. Now that the iPhone 3Gs has video recording capabilities the entire project could be conceived via the iPhone. On top of that, it'd be fun to finally have one for use organizing home life (we have two kids), work and the media arts nonprofit stuff. (My wife and I have been locked into another 2 year contract -- expires in September -- which is why we've held off getting iPhones. That said, she just got hers a bit early because her other phone died and we decided that she would try it out first before we both switch to AT&T and get them. Overall, she's been pleased with AT&T and, of course, loves the iPhone.) There you have it.
    06-18-2009 04:22 PM
    More processing power and RAM combined with refined optimized software. The iPhone is most elegant... but with these treats, it shall be outstanding elegant!
    06-18-2009 04:22 PM
    I got a free first Gen iPod Touch last year as part of the student promo. I love it, but I wish it made calls!

I recently got a Verizon VX6900 (made by HTC), which is better than nothing, but just makes me want an iPhone more. Windows mobile is just so clunky!
    06-18-2009 04:23 PM
    I would enjoy upgrading from the 3G to the 3Gs so that I may record a daily video blog of myself while I'm on the go and upload it to YouTube from the palm of my hand. I also would like the upgrade because from the day I got my 3G it's felt flemsy and weak. Then when I synced my phone it cracked to back of it. That's always been kinda depressing having a nice little butt on the back of your iPhone.
    06-18-2009 04:32 PM
    Well I am an Mac/apple fan. I love to have the latest tech. I have wanted the iPhone since the first one came out but wasn't able to receive the up grade then. When that time came for the upgrade i was told of the 3G iPhone coming soon. So i got a silly samsung Blackjack instead to wait it out. well when the 3G came out i was not able to afford it then either (sadly one of my good friends were able and that was painful). Now the 3Gs is out and im back in school on a fixed income so this may just be my best bet of getting one. lol. Its funny because I check the site almost once a day and i know more about the iPhone than people who actullay have one. lol I did the twitter thing and now this. Id love to have the new iPhone and not be taken advantage of by att in another over priced 2 year sentence..I mean...contract. Winning this phone would be big deal for me. Looking to hear something soon. Thx!
    Last edited by bbyrd06; 06-18-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    06-18-2009 04:37 PM
    its the iphone 3gs nuff said!!!!!!!
    06-18-2009 04:43 PM
    My current phone is the cheapest model at&t offers. It has no features. I'm sure you are well aware of all the iPhone can do. Believe me, I salivate over it daily (All my friends have one, and I'm exposed to it all the time).
    06-18-2009 04:44 PM
    I'm embarrassed to admit what kind of phone I use right now, but let's just say I'm in need of an upgrade. Most of my friends are fanatic iPhone users, so I've grown to love the phone through jealous observation, and I think I'm now financially ready to make the switch. However, the price tag is still quite daunting to a college student... hint hint.
    06-18-2009 04:48 PM
    I believe that I am the person best suited person to get iPhone because, unfortunately, I had not had the opportunity to buy it cose of material circumstances. Therefore, it could very well assessed winning IPhone.
    I have to say that I am a big Mac fan - my first computer was a Mac.
    I follow up with IT developments and believe that the iPhone is very advenced mobile phone and give me a lot of freedom and new opportunities. I could listen to much music when I travel, I use twitter, writte, and often do read e-mails and it could greatly facilitate the use of the case.
    06-18-2009 04:50 PM
    I need a new iPhone upgrade because I have severely cracked my 3G screen. I was foolish and didn't have a case on it. I have learned from my mistakes though and even now have my cracked 3G in a slider. I promise I will do the same with the 32GB 3GS!
    06-18-2009 04:55 PM
    I just love having the latest and greatest.
    Please pick me!
    06-18-2009 05:12 PM
    I bought the iPhone 2G back in December '07 and have loved every minute of the phone. I love the features that it has to offer. When the iPhone 3G came out i was going to upgrade, but waited till this new iphone to come out because of better amount of storage. I'm beginning to learn about 3.0 programming and can't really use all the API's on the 2G model. I don't own a video camera and the iPhone 3gS would be great to have to take video and edit at the same time. Please pick me for the new phone.
    06-18-2009 05:13 PM
625 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD