I want the new 3Gs because I held out until I could wait no longer to get an iphone. After drooling over them for years, my husband bought the 3G for me on May 12th. Three weeks later they announced they were dropping the price and coming out with a better phone with better features. This is exactly what happened when I bought my ibook many years ago. I want to finally be ahead of the apple-upgrade-curve for a change!!!
    06-18-2009 12:05 PM
    when the original iPhone was introduced, I liked the idea. So much so that I requested one for my birthday. Because I have a great husband who agreed to my request and because I have a great son who wanted to get a look at in iPhone up close, my son spent hours in line at an AT&T store to acquire one for me, I got this phone and have been singing its praises ever since. I am a PC person and I thought this might hamper my appreciation of my phone, but the opposite occurred - I was able to make my iPhone coordinate with my Outlook Express. Even my husband was impressed when we could watch films on my Iphone when we travelled.

I was a little jealous of those people who got the 3G, but I couldn't justify spending that much to upgrade because my phone is still light years above my husband's Blackberry. Things are different now though. I don't even get all the features of the new OS that I downloaded yesterday. I want to get MMS, etc.

I think it is time for me!
    06-18-2009 12:06 PM
    Happiness is always welcomed. I happy with my 3G iPhone but why not to get happier with better battery life, faster processor, MMS, video and all the other new benefits? =)
    06-18-2009 12:07 PM
    I would like to do video if I got the iPhone 3g s without having to jailbreak. I just got my 3g in December so it would cost a lot for me to upgrade. My sister is the first sibling to have kids and she's having twins soon. I would love to film the kids growing up but can't afford a camera right now. Winning the 3g s with auto focus, a better camera, and video would let me show quality pics/vids to relatives that don't live close by. This is why I want the iPhone 3g s
    06-18-2009 12:07 PM
    When the iphone and the ipod touch were released back in 2007 I debated over which to get. In the end i decided to go with the ipod because I didn't want to be on contract and the original iphone was quite expensive. The 3g came but still it wasn't yet on pay as you go so i held out. Furthermore, Apple sidelined the first gen touch with the new version , which i am now gutted to know has bluetooth. I was really looking forward to the new iphone this year but unfortunately in the uk it is expensive as o2 have decided to not follow the same pricing as at&t and there is other stuff on top such as vat etc. I would really like the iphone now, to have the new version would be brilliant. My current phone is long past its best so i think its now time i had a new one. To win the new iphone would make my day
    06-18-2009 12:08 PM
    I bought the first generation iPhone when it came out and have enjoyed using every day since the purchase. Even though I was already using a 3G phone BEFORE buying the 2G iPhone, I felt that the "downgrade in speed" was worth it due to the numerous things the iPhone could do, the pros outweighed the cons. I have been told countless times to switch to Blackberry like the rest of my friends have but I've stuck with my iPhone. Yes, it's given me problems over the past 2 years but every time I've gone to the Apple store to resolve the issues, they gladly swapped my phone for a new one without any issues. I'm not sure any other company would do that with their phones.

I've also become "dependent" on the apps that we first saw with the release of 2.0 last summer. I was on a cruise when it was released and as soon as I got home, I ran into the house and dropped my bags, hooked up my iPhone to my laptop and immediately downloaded the OS. No other phone can even dream of matching the iPhone application system. Anything I need, I have an app that can help me immediately with it. This is something I've used to help convert those who are addicted to their CrackBerry. I held off from buying the 3G last summer because I didn't want to break/extend my contract on the phone just for 3G. I use my phone everywhere I go and I got used to the Edge speed. Plus using WiFi when I was around any network also helped me. I felt that Apple would be releasing something special within the next year so I didn't want to rush into anything.

I was right. The iPhone 3G[s] will provide me with the video camera w/ better resolution I have been longing for. I will also enjoy the Nike+ support. Plus now that this is the "fastest iPhone ever", I will finally upgrade my speed. I feel that the iPhone is the best phone out there and with the technology involved here, I feel that the sky is the limit. No other phone has the potential that Apple has.
    06-18-2009 12:10 PM
    First, thanks to the crew at TipB FOR GIVING ME THE BEST NEWS and rumors about everything I Phone. It's a daily stop for me!

So why do I want to upgrade? I'm a Tech head...plain and simple. I always love having the latest stuff. I probably won't purchase the phone just because I won't be getting the AT&T subsidy but I wouldn't turn down a free one!

The biggest reason to get this phone is the video, plain and simple. Being able to point, shoot and upload without a USB connection is huge. If I don't win one, I will probably wait until hopefully a 4G phone with a front facing camera, FLASH technology and other fun goodies. I'm a fan of the I Phone!!!
    06-18-2009 12:10 PM
    My 2G phone is still going, but she's had some hiccups lately, and I don't know how much longer she's gonna make it. Like a salmon, I think she wants to swim back upstream (to Cupertino) to die. The start button's shaky, the battery's not holding a charge long enough to make it through the work day, the chrome bezel is coming off...

We've had some good times, 2G and me. But it's time to let it go and upgrade to a 3GS.

Matt
    06-18-2009 12:11 PM
    I nees the 3G S simply - just because...

I love technology and I love the iPhone. I only have an 8 gig 3G which I have have had for only 90 days. If I were to win the 3G S I would share the iPhone love with my wife or son who both covet mine...

Pretty please pick me....
    06-18-2009 12:13 PM
    Three reasons:

1) My wife uses my phone to play games all the time!!!
    2) I have the first generation phone and I'd like navigation.
    3) New and improved camera.

Cheers!
    06-18-2009 12:14 PM
    as a photographer, i have been shooting with DSLR for many years but lately my favorite camera has become my iPhone!

the fact remains, as blurry+poor resolution+lack of controls the iPhone 3G or 2G camera is, it's probably one of my FAVORITE cameras i've ever owned. why? cause it's INSTANT, i ALWAYS have it on me, and i can upload images online from it in a heartbeat!

here's the thing, i do ALOT of twitpic, i try to live stream as many interesting moments i can for people to see and be interested in on twitter or anywhere else.

if i had the 3Gs i promise to create a SHORT FILM, fully inspired by the portability and geo-location aware state that the iPhone 3Gs is...

i also promise, to put this film online and continue to push out as much interesting and quality content from my phone as i can.

martin
    06-18-2009 12:14 PM
    I have been a loyal iPhone owner since version 1. For months I battled with buying 2g or waiting for the next one, well I caved. I then waited in line for hours for 3G on "opening day". That was the most fun being able to hang out with all the other nerds like myself.

Now, I can't wait in line on Friday because I am getting married on Saturday. I have a ton of appointments and would really rather be hanging outside the Apple/AT&T store.

The singe reason I want the iPhone 3GS...the video camera!! I can take video and upload it to you tube, etc.

I have to have it!!!
    06-18-2009 12:16 PM
    I want the Iphone 3GS simply because I think it would make a great Father's Day Gift.
    06-18-2009 12:17 PM
    I was a late adopter to the iPhone. Not by choice mind you. I was living in an area where there was no AT&T and the original iPhone came out and I just about died. Luckily I was able to move to a AT&T area shortly after the 3g came out and have loved it since day one (also converting my laptop over to a Macbook after the iPhone experience!).

My wife and I were married last year and just bought a house yesterday! This means two things, one we will have our own home when we welcome our child into the world, and two I am as broke as I can be. Houses and kids do not come cheap! We have really been hoping for a video camera to record our experiences with all that is about to happen. Unfortunately with our recent purchases there is no way we can afford one. Winning the new iPhone would allow us to record, edit and share these memories anywhere we were! I can not even explain how much I would relish that opportunity!
    06-18-2009 12:18 PM
    The main reason why I NEED a 3G S is the 32GB memory. I LOVE with movies and music ! I love media ! I have over 15GB (15.24GB) and we both know that that is NOT fitting on a 16GB iPhone that will only give me roughly 14GB. Being only limited to 14GB on my current iPhone limits me to what I can carry with me. I don't listen to 15GB worth of music all in one day but just like in iTunes, I like to shuffle songs. Also, I love watching movies on the widescreen. I am a movie buff. Having more memory would allow me to carry more of my favorite TV shows and comedy movies. That means more laughs on a long train ride =] Having a 32GB would really allow me to enjoy my media the way i should.

Thank You !
    06-18-2009 12:18 PM
    Because I'm not eligible for the lower pricing for a while.. plus I'm dying to have the video camera and voice control features!
    06-18-2009 12:20 PM
    The #1 reason I want the iPhone 3Gs is that I live and work mobile, and, in my opinion, there is no better device to help me pull this off - bar none.

GT
    06-18-2009 12:23 PM
    I am simply a normal dude who has a Sidekick 2008, but wants to make the transition to a virtual keyboard.
    06-18-2009 12:24 PM
    So I can pass mine on to my wife. so that she can know what it means once you go iPhone there's no going back.
    06-18-2009 12:26 PM
    It's not for me but more for my wife. Her Mom has Brest Cancer and her birthday is July 25th. I can't afford a new iPhone since she isn't eligible. I would really want to cheer her up for her birthday.
    06-18-2009 12:27 PM
    I am using a Nokia 5800 for the moment. The #1 reason for the swich is that I just like the inputsystem of the Iphone. The touchscreen of the 5800 is horrorible.
    06-18-2009 12:27 PM
    I need the new iPhone because I can't stand knowing that Rene will have a better iPhone than I and since I am so cheap (both in cash and in personality) I refuse to buy one and therefore must resort to winning contests or begging.

And don't forget the S in iPhone 3G S it stands for $aving$!!!
    06-18-2009 12:29 PM
    I want the iPhone (my very first shiny iPhone) not only because of Speed, battery Life, Video, etc, but because its like having your entire life in one cute little device, and no one does it with such grace and ellegance as the iPhone!
    Current 3g owner who just can't justify spending the extra cash for a 3GS. Even the $499, which is what I'm eligable for is too much.

I really would like to have the improved camera and video capability. I hike a lot and would love to have a compass built into my phone. Also 32GB would allow me to transfer all of my iTunes library to my phone instead of just a subset.
    Main reason I want to upgrade from my 2G 8GB iPhone? Everything. As a stay at home dad of three kids I regularly use my iPhone to snap quick pics and video of what the kids do or say. I would really like the improved camera, the video without jailbreaking (even though it would be jailbroken at some point), 32GB (yeah, I know it won't give me that much room), speed, and the compass would be handy for directions since I get lost every now and then.
    06-18-2009 12:32 PM
625 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD