Video editing on the fly......... how cool is that. I love my Ipod Touch, the phone without the monthly bill but I'm ready for the total experience 3Gs!
    06-18-2009 10:51 AM
    Most compelling reason?

God told me to enter.

And if I don't win, your server will crash and your children will die!!!
    06-18-2009 10:53 AM
    I currently have the first iPhone and would love to upgrade to the new 3G S. The faster speed and larger capacity would be awesome!
    06-18-2009 10:53 AM
    This will be my first iPhone. I purchased the iPod Touch a few months ago and fell in love. But I'm getting pretty sick of lugging around my Blackberry and my iPod Touch. I cannot wait til Friday!!
    06-18-2009 10:54 AM
    I want the new iPhone 3G S because I saved to buy my iPhone 3G and then iPhone 3G S is coming out and cannot upgrade and I would love to video record.
    06-18-2009 10:55 AM
    Most people no doubt have seen those little micro hovering craft, well, I, along with my iPhone App. developing friend, wish to create a small 'swarm' of hovering, networkable, iPhones that can be 'let loose' in night club, art gallery or the like, to hover near the ceiling, screens down, with the the iPhone set to a visualizer program (like in iTunes) so that each iPhone visually interacts & pulses, reacts to the beat of the music. Each iPhone can be set to react to different frequencies or BPM (beats per minute) so as to create a visual symphony, an iPhone real-time networkable visual synthesizer, if you will. Oh yeah, then there's the fact that I been using a Mac since 1985, I'm writing this on 17" MacBook Pro, and I just got to have that Hang (pronounced Hung) drum app. from Avacata. Dreamy, awesome, hopeful. Thanks for letting me play!
    Ken Becker
    conspire2inspire.com
    06-18-2009 10:56 AM
    I bought the Iphone 3G the day it came out and loved the speed and the features it had, but with in one month it was stolen while i was having lunch in a great streetside cafe on Lincoln Rd in Miami, when I sat down I placed the phone on the table top, as many people do, however as I was eating a thief snatched the phone off the table right under my eyes. Its very shocking when it happens, and you are left a bit stunned. After a quick chase after my phone the thief got away, but the story has two points.. one be careful where you leave your new iphone, and second was I got teased with the 3g features..but had to go back to the original iphone.... Therefore I am so ready for the features of THE 3G S.....Speed, GPS, Video, better camera, ohh my... I cant wait!!!
    I'd like an iPhone 3G S because I am constantly on the road and it would be nice to send video of my whereabouts to my family, including my 6-week old baby. And having the video available when I need it will mean that I won't miss any special moments as my baby boy is growing up.
    Being a college student AND an Apple ***** is a tough business, you don't always have the cash to upgrade to the latest and greatest all the time; so you instead find yourself entering these great contests!

I would love the iPhone 3G[s] to just simply have the next great generation of iPhone. I think while they did leave a little left to be desired there was still plenty added to the iPhone to make it upgrade worthy!

(Thanks for the great site you guys! Long time reader, first time poster.)

-Tyson
    I would like to upgrade my iPhone for the better photography features. My iPhone has been my point and shoot along side my Nikon D2. The new focus feature definitely would help me alot. So I'm not running around trying to find a crisp focus point.
    06-18-2009 10:57 AM
    I want to upgrade because I want a faster smoother running iPhone. I have the iPhone 3G that is 16gb and I want the 32gb so that I can also have more apps and download movies. I have a 3 year old and a new baby on the way, having the opportunity to take videos of my kids whenever they're doing something cute.

One thing that I am most looking forward to using on the iPhone 3G S is that I can use the voice control. This is the one thing I miss from having my old windows mobile device that I ditched when I bought the original iPhone.
    06-18-2009 10:58 AM
    I've started a web page to show how college students can tell an integrated story of their college experience through things like twitter, blogs, and youtube. I could really use the help of an iPhone 3Gs to show proof of concept on how easy it is to get students using things like twitter and youtube. There are a lot of people that have heard about these aspects of social networking, but they're hesitant to act on them because of the newness and mostly untested nature of the programs. Check out the concept at chrisacollins.com Can you help me out iPhone forums?
    06-18-2009 10:59 AM
    I feel the Need for Speed!!!
    06-18-2009 11:00 AM
    When my 1st gen iPhone switches over to the Edge network from Wi-fi my productivity takes a nose dive. While waiting for data to load, I sometimes fall asleep for hours. You can image that this is really putting a damper on my productivity at work. Hope the boss doesn't hear my snoring.

Sincerely,
    Sleepy 1st Gen User
    06-18-2009 11:00 AM
    I really want to try the tap screen focus camera and the 32 G of memory would allow me to put all my musics where I want it...
    06-18-2009 11:02 AM
    Because I am addicted to smartphones. The problem is they are never "good enough" for me. Every phone I have ever owned has been hacked, whacked, and even my beloved 3g is jailbroken. I have come to admit I am a criminal for my jailbreaking and hacking addiction. I need help and I told the good lord that if I win this 3gs it would never ever be jailbroken or hacked. Please help me get my life on the straight and narrow!
    06-18-2009 11:02 AM
    I have wanted an iPhone since they arrived, but had verizon and couldn't afford the phone or the data plan. I have since switched to AT&T but still don't have a smart phone. Of course, I want the iPhone for all of it's fun apps and camera, but I also want it for its Medical apps. I am going into my 3rd year of Pharmacy school and the iPhone will be very helpful on my rotations next spring.
    Thanks!
    ~Tracy
    06-18-2009 11:03 AM
    I've been with TMobile for the last 5 years or so. Unfortunately, instead of getting better their coverage in my area has gotten worse. My first smart phone was the TMobile/HTC Wing.

Since getting the "smart" phone (it's running WinMo, I can only call it so smart ), I've found I don't think I can ever real go back to a normal phone, but I also cannot continue with the horrible memory leaks, slow downs, randomly botched syncs that leave my contacts and calendars empty, and pretty pitiful battery life of my WinMo Wing.

After looking over my calling & texting habits I can actually save money if I go to ATT ( ok, who gasped? ) b/c I can get the 450 minute package with unlimited mobile to mobile. Do I really only talk 450 min a month? No, nearly 3x that, but it's all to my girlfriend who is on ATT.

I had been trying to decide between a Blackberry and an iPhone for the last few weeks, but with the announcement of the iPhone 3GS, the faster processor & more ram, I was ready to make the plunge. The iPhone has the capacity to do everything I want, and then some ( if I jailbreak it ). I look forward to ditching TMo for an iPhone in 45 days ( August 2nd ).
    I'm really looking forward to the increased snappiness in just about everything. As I always say: the faster the better! (That's what she said. No wait...)
    Currently I'm the owner of an iPod Touch and a Treo 650 and I've been continually frustrated with my Treo especially doing web browsing and syncing my google account. My iPod Touch, on the other hand, has been a dream to use and has vastly exceeded my expectations, practically replacing my laptop when traveling. The only downside, of course, is that I'm limited to Wireless hotspots.

The iPhone 3G S is the perfect solution to my problems - getting a mobile, 3G, powerful platform for staying in contact with my friends through syncing of data, social networks, and web browsing.
    I have been in love with my iphone ever since i took the leap on June 26, 2007 and dropped 6 hundo on my shiny, 2g iPhone. A year later when the 3g was released, its speed and gps features (and incredibly low price) drew me in, and my love affair only grew. I took fantastic care of it, never dropping it once, until, one day, i allowed a friend to check out all of its amazing capabilities and features. I watched as his face glow with amazement, and i also watched him drop it on the pavement, breaking its glorious multi-touch display. i was heart broken. on june 8th, i was so excited to hear that a new, faster model with video capabilities would be arriving, and i was all geared up to upgrade from the old MOTO SLIVR i was forced to use for the past 3 months. But my heart was broken again when i discovered that att would charge me full retail price, $599, to upgrade to 3gs, since i already utilized an upgrade a year ago.

So please, tiPb, help me return to the glorious, app filled life of the iPhone, you are my only hope.

Chris Dreiling
    Twitter name- DthCbFrCHRIS
    Last edited by deathcabforchris7; 06-18-2009 at 11:14 AM.
    06-18-2009 11:04 AM
    I need the storage and video, bad. The speed is also nice and the compass to assist Google Maps is awesome. Mostly I just need it. A lot.
    06-18-2009 11:06 AM
    I bought a 3G for my wife for Xmas last year. Well, last weekend she dropped it on the ceramic tile and shattered the glass. It still works but has a nice glass spider web all over one corner. I'd even pay the cheap upgrade price to replace it it I could but I'm not "upgrade eligible" until May. =(
    06-18-2009 11:08 AM
    I currently have a Samsung Omnia i900. As you probably know, this has Window Mobile on it...

Need I say more?

I CAN'T STAND WINMO ANYMORE! PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THIS ANGUISH
    06-18-2009 11:08 AM
    Sure, I could ramble on about how I NEED a 3GS to record video of my daughter riding her bike for the first time, or I NEED the compass so I don't get lost in the Oregon hills while picking wild huckleberries, or I NEED the extra speed and storage because my 3G is maxed out and I need my iPhone to be faster for work related tasks. But these would all pale in comparison to the REAL reason why I NEED a iPhone 3GS. I NEED the iPhone 3GS simply because it is the latest evolution of the coolest, baddest, hippest, technologically orgasmic devices on the planet and I just can't stand to not have the best when it comes to "my Precious" iPhone (yes, that was said in a Gollum voice.) So there you go. I'm sure plenty of people will submit heart-wrenching stories about how it's their wife's birthday and they can't afford it, or that they just lost their arms in an roller coaster accident and the iPhone is the only phone they can dial with their toes, or that their 3 year old really just needs their own iPhone, but I laid it out for you straight, honest, and to the point (kinda).
    Long live the iPhone Blog!
    06-18-2009 11:09 AM
625 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD