The iPhone 3GS would be a perfect accompaniment to my motorcycle, a GS-A, for navigation, planning, image and video capture.

Image this, riding along with one autofocused eye on the road documenting the journey and the screen mapping the way. A quick swipe to find gas, food, lodging or perhaps even a friend. Plus, a feeling of safety being able to always locate the device if something dire were to happen.

This is the number one reason I want the new iPhone GS, to add to life's Adventure.
    06-18-2009 10:30 AM
    i want an iphone because i hate verizon, and i want to have one device that does it all versus having one for music, one to call, one gps, and so on
    06-18-2009 10:31 AM
    Video and Speed, plus by selling my old 3G it won't really cost me anything to upgrade!
    06-18-2009 10:33 AM
    I want to upgrade b/c I love the increased speed, storage, and camera/video features! Further, I can't afford two (wife and I) so I wasn't going to buy just one and leave my wife in the dust. This way both the wife and I can enjoy 3gs goodness :-)
    06-18-2009 10:33 AM
    I'm actually trying to win an iPhone for my boyfriend. We're in a long distance relationship and we use our cellphones to communicate with each other, 9 times out of 10. We've known each other since we were 16 and have been going out for a year and a half now, and we just recently met for the first time in April this year. I would love to win an iPhone for him that way he'll have a daily reminder about how much I love him in the palm of his hand, since I can't be there everyday to show him.

(He also already has AT&T, so upgrading to a new phone would be swift and easy!)

Thanks for the consideration!
    06-18-2009 10:35 AM
    I'm upgrading from the 3g to the 3gs for speed, video, and 32 GB!
    I want an upgrade ............ 'cause ............. even though I already pre-ordred a 16g 3Gs, the logic I spew to my wife on why I can have an iPhone but she doesn't need one is starting to show more holes then this forums background! People, this is a life or death situation here! I need to appease before I go to sleep one night and don't wakey!
    mostly i would want to upgrade for the speed... processor and network. things are just a little too pokey now.
    06-18-2009 10:36 AM
    I have wanted an iphone since December but knew I would be mad if i got the 3G and a new one came out a few months later- So i have been patiently waiting (and by patiently i mean on pins & needles) for the new model and now that it's here I can't wait to get it and show off my new gadget! Also my birthday is in a few weeks so it would be an awesome present!
    06-18-2009 10:36 AM
    I currently have a 3G but would love to upgrade to the 3G S!

the improved speed, and new camera with video recording are the two major selling points for me. both excellent additions to an already fantastic phone!
    06-18-2009 10:37 AM
    Upgrading for storage and faster speed. Video for me is not a big deal and the compass is nice but not something I look for in a phone.
    06-18-2009 10:37 AM
    Ever since gawking at the introduction of the first iPhone I have desperately wanted....no...needed an iPhone. Alas, I simply could not afford the phone plan because I was a student. I quenched my thirst with an 8gb 1st gen iPod touch.

With the introduction of the 3GS, I simply can't handle it anymore. I've spent every night since watching the introduction of the 3GS dreaming about it. The best part is that I can handle the cost of the phone plan. However, I don't have the money to get the phone. (Saving for an engagement ring means no indulgences.) Winning this contest would mean a return to a good night's sleep as well as possibly saving a marriage before it even exists!

Please, please, please pick me!
    06-18-2009 10:38 AM
    As an independent game developer still in college, I certainly don't have the money to upgrade early from my iPhone 3G to the 3GS. How am I supposed to test new games if I don't have the platform to test them on?! Oh please, TiPB Gods, bestow this new iPhone upon me so that I can have a chance to give away awesome and free 3D games for the new iPhone!
    06-18-2009 10:38 AM
    I have two sons (2 and 5) and I always wish I had a video camera with me to record the awesome things they do and say. That's my #1 reason for wanting to upgrade. As it stands I have to wait until March 2010 until I'm eligible
    06-18-2009 10:40 AM
    I have the first generation iPhone from 2 years ago, so it's time to upgrade, but outside of that nextworth.com is willing to give me $133 for my current iPhone.

But the speed from iPhone's EDGE to iPhone 3GS's 3G is the number one reason to upgrade for me.
    06-18-2009 10:43 AM
    I can't afford to upgrade but I really want that video!
    06-18-2009 10:43 AM
    Last year i was one of the first people to buy an iphone 3g, i waited in line for hours and hours. about a week later after buying the phone a cousin of mine dropped it in the toilet. I have not been able to buy another phone since, i could really use a new phone.
    06-18-2009 10:45 AM
    Similar tale here, except that I've never had a problem with space. Instead, I've had a lot of problems with stability (microphone constantly decides not to work). Safari rendering speed is terrible, as well, so improving that's a close second.

I bought my iPhone 2G in February of 2007 for a whopping $400. Just a couple of months later, the price dropped. I was loyal to it when the 3G came out and didn't upgrade. The phone has become more of a chore lately. With only 8 GB on it, I am constantly having to take music, pictures, and good apps off of it because I just don't have enough space for something new. If I got a 3G S, I would not only be able to put all my music and most of my important pictures, but I could actually download some apps (even if its just to try them out) rather than saying, "It'd be cool if I had some more space so I could see what that's all about." My 2G has been great to me, but I know it's time to go bigger so I can experience all that Apple has to offer.

~Greg Dietz
    Biggest reason for me is the upgraded processor and memory.

After watching a video yesterday of the load times of games, applications, and web pages using the 3G S - its obvious that while the specs may not seem like a huge upgrade... they really are. Load times being cut in nearly half would save me a lot of transition time.

And while some of you may scoff at the addition of the compass - that one is huge for me. Being from Denver I've always got mountains to tell me which direction is west. I spent some time on the Oregon coast a couple weeks ago and anytime I couldn't see the ocean.. I was almost instantly directionally challenged. I guess my built in compass is permanently broken.
    I was originally trying to win for my wife. She got a new iPhone in December of last year, so isn't eligable for an early upgrade. However, now with the AT&T screw up changing my eligability date, I am being selfish and trying to win for myself so I can actually upgrade my phone when AT&T originally said I would be able to do so. (IF AT&T correct's their snafu, then I will be trying to win for my wife again).

Unless I am considered a TiPB employee and ineligable for the contest.

Chris
    I want to be the winner of the iPhone giveaway because I am a photographer. I love all the capabilities that the 32GB iPhone 3G S would offer me. The photo storage, slideshows, video, camera, music...need I say more?? I currently have a Blackberry Curve. Need I say more?? The Blackberry does nothing remotely comparable to the iPhone for what I would love and appreciate in a phone, however, I just can't rationalize purchasing it at this time. The iPhone would allow me to share my work with potential clients on the run...which would be awesome. And, on those days when I don't want to lug my big camera around...I would still have a decent little camera to snag pictures of my kids. A photographer must have! Pick me, pick me!
    06-18-2009 10:47 AM
    Everything related to the camera. The camera was the weakest feature of the iPhone hardware spec sheet and the new camera remedies that in more than one way. Higher res, auto focus, and of course video. I'm looking forward to video!
    06-18-2009 10:47 AM
    I'm a student who is conducting an undergraduate research project. The 3G S would be the perfect phone for me! The compass would definitely help me when I am in the field sampling. The video capabilities would allow me to make a series of video-notes for reference. Additionally, some of the experiments from work and class would make great YouTube videos!
    06-18-2009 10:48 AM
    I would like to win the iPhone 3GS because I'm still stuck on the 2G. I havent been able to afford the 3G because of the amount of med. bills that I have at the moment. I have been patient and tried setting money aside for the phone but have been unable to. I have enjoyed using the iPhone 2G but it's just not up to par anymore. The size upgrade is one of the more important things to me because I can barely hold anything on this 8g. The enhanced GPS would help as well, I always seem to get lost going somewhere.
    06-18-2009 10:48 AM
    I admit it, I'm hooked on Apple and iPhone. My first Apple experience was the Original Newton Messagepad (how long ago was that!). Having waded through the waters of Sony Clies, Palms and Handsprings, carefully avoiding Windows Mobile and Pocket PCs, I was thrilled at the announcement of the iPhone and it has exceeded my expectations. I can only imagine what Apple has instore for future generations of this technology. Plus, as much as I drive, I really need the voice dialing features!
    06-18-2009 10:49 AM
625 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD