Official TiPb Standing in Line for iPhone 3G S Thread

eratanun

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Gennew, i spoke to a rep at my local Apple store today and asked the same thing. He told me as long as I reserved it online, there will be one waiting for me when I get there to pick it up.

Gennew

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Gennew, i spoke to a rep at my local Apple store today and asked the same thing. He told me as long as I reserved it online, there will be one waiting for me when I get there to pick it up.

That's good to know that we'll be guaranteed a phone, but ATT seems to make it easier to pick one up at their store. What would be a good time to get to my Apple store? I can wait an hour or so, but I dont want to wait too long.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm goin with the ATT route since I know I can get it at 7am :)

Most apple stores around here are in malls and you have to wait for the mall to open up

On topic with this new model, I think a big thing people are misplacing is that this new model will be better for gaming hands down. I mean me playing games on a 3Gs will be better then someone on a 3G

This upgrade is like a gameboy advance to a DS. Not a DS to a DS lite which is what essentially the 2G to 3G upgrade was

I'm looking forward to seeing how my games play on more RAM and a better CPU :)

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
At the ATT store in manassas off sudley I see the same people every year , last year we played poker and used taco bell sauce packets as poker chips :)

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I think the name itself speaks volumes: iPhone to iPhone 3G to iPhone 3G S. The "S" sounds like an afterthought to me. Apple said themselves they wanted a few of these things on the 3G but they basically ran out of time.

So...knowing how important the name is for any product, Apple just "ran out of time" and through a name out there for the heck of it.

Apple is a company that is deliberate and methodical in how they conduct their business. Companies like this do not simply introduce one of their premiere products until every aspect of the aforementioned product is ready for prime time....that includes the name. Now you may not like the name, and that is your choice. But IMHO I have a hard time believing Apple just haphazardly named their product.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
So, back to "The Line". Since the addition of preorders this year, there seems there will be two lines. One starting earlier for the preorders and one started a mere hour later for the rest. My query is...How well behaved do you think the line standers will be once the lines have to merge at 8?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Unless I go clubbing like last year, I will not be on line. I just want to make sure I understand the process as I actually pre-ordered. If I choose to, I can wait until noon to get mine as it's reserved for me only?

The first year, I was smart enough to go to an Apple store (no lines) to get it.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't wait until noon If I were you. I would be there at 7am to eliminate any possibility of not getting the phone.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I'll be in line. Its a tradition for me. It might be crazy to some, but I actually like getting up to the store at 3am and sitting in line playing games and talking. It makes for a great Apple experience.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
:Dhmm, there seems to be another "Official Standing In Line Thread"???? Two of 'em? well, it's a big tent, everyone is welcome!

zclove2bme

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I have pre-ordered my newbee 3GS. I already have the 3G and will be giving it to my Son-in-Law when he gets home from deployment. My sales rep at my AT&T store told me I should preorder, so I did. I am stoked. I LOVE the iPhone.

I have had to replace one and have periodic freezes on the new one, but I'm not complaining. Had a bizarre problem today. The sound was muffled and I could not hear hardly anyone. I looked on some of the forums and some guy said he blew into the speaker and his problem went away. So, what the hay, I did it. Guess what... it worked. Go figure a little dust can cause such a problem. Wonder how many folks had theirs shipped off for repair when a little hot air would have fixed it. :)

gtGarrrett

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I'll be in line. Its a tradition for me. It might be crazy to some, but I actually like getting up to the store at 3am and sitting in line playing games and talking. It makes for a great Apple experience.

Me too. Last year I got to the store at 7 pm the night before, there were police officers on duty all night, and we brought a basketball goal and skateboards and pretty much partied all night until the 3G came out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2