We didn't preorder, we'll be waiting at the Oak Brook Apple Store tonight. Apple stores normally have plenty of iPhones to go around. They always seem to get a LOT more than AT&T stores, and they get replenished a LOT quicker.
    06-18-2009 02:11 PM
    At my local store in NJ as I post this, first one here. I hope some others show up!
    06-19-2009 12:35 AM
    I ordered one from Apple, it's going to arrive on Friday according to FedEx.
    But AT&T pulled a last minute surprise and made my other line eligible for an upgrade a month early. So I'll be standing in line at the Apple Store at Oarkridge Mall in San Jose, CA to get one for my wife.

Last year I got screwed because I showed up a little too late. I think I'm going to head down there by 4am... If I can get my butt out of bed.
    Then wait an agonizing few hours for FedEx to drop mine off.
    06-19-2009 01:10 AM
    I drove by my ATT store in Michigan and no one is outside yet. This is my first IPhone and I cannot wait. I will go down to the store about 4am and sit.
    06-19-2009 02:36 AM
    The line has just started for the Apple store at Park Meadows mall in Lone Tree, CO (south Denver). I was probably first, but I'll let someone else be first this time. I was first for 2.0, and got free food and a canopy to sit under all day. Someone else can have the 'glory' this time, I'll be happy just making it to work on time.
    06-19-2009 06:59 AM
    Went to AT&T at 745 this morning, was out the door at 805, 3gs in hand. No line at all
    06-19-2009 09:07 AM
    Waco, Texas doesnt seem to have many early birds. I arrived at my local AT&T store at 8:00 to scope out the line situation and see if I had the patience to wait. Much to my surprise I saw an empty parking lot and AT&T employees standing around outside the store with nothing to do. I didnt pre-order and didnt want to stand around outside by myself, so I left to run an errand or two and grab a latte from Starbucks. I returned around 8:45 and not much had changed, though there were several people in the store at that point. I decided to go on in. Chuck, the AT&T guy handed me my shiny new 32GB white about ten minutes later. A few other people were leaving the store the same time I did and we all just smiled at each other proudly as we displayed our bright orange bags. one good thing about living in Waco, Texas is not having to worry about waiting in line on new iPhone day!
    06-19-2009 10:38 AM
    I don't think it's gonna be too crazy with the volume of pre-orders that we've seen. Out of all the people I know getting the new 3Gs, I'm the only one that's physically going into a store to get mine. Everyone else I know getting a new one (7 people) are getting them delivered...
    06-19-2009 10:46 AM
    Id love to get one how do u like it
    06-19-2009 12:34 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD