At the ATT store in manassas off sudley I see the same people every year , last year we played poker and used taco bell sauce packets as poker chips
    06-11-2009 10:03 AM
    I think the name itself speaks volumes: iPhone to iPhone 3G to iPhone 3G S. The "S" sounds like an afterthought to me. Apple said themselves they wanted a few of these things on the 3G but they basically ran out of time.
    So...knowing how important the name is for any product, Apple just "ran out of time" and through a name out there for the heck of it.

Apple is a company that is deliberate and methodical in how they conduct their business. Companies like this do not simply introduce one of their premiere products until every aspect of the aforementioned product is ready for prime time....that includes the name. Now you may not like the name, and that is your choice. But IMHO I have a hard time believing Apple just haphazardly named their product.
    06-13-2009 10:50 AM
    So, back to "The Line". Since the addition of preorders this year, there seems there will be two lines. One starting earlier for the preorders and one started a mere hour later for the rest. My query is...How well behaved do you think the line standers will be once the lines have to merge at 8?
    06-14-2009 04:08 PM
    Unless I go clubbing like last year, I will not be on line. I just want to make sure I understand the process as I actually pre-ordered. If I choose to, I can wait until noon to get mine as it's reserved for me only?

The first year, I was smart enough to go to an Apple store (no lines) to get it.
    06-14-2009 05:36 PM
    I wouldn't wait until noon If I were you. I would be there at 7am to eliminate any possibility of not getting the phone.
    06-14-2009 06:00 PM
    I'll be in line. Its a tradition for me. It might be crazy to some, but I actually like getting up to the store at 3am and sitting in line playing games and talking. It makes for a great Apple experience.
    06-14-2009 10:23 PM
    hmm, there seems to be another "Official Standing In Line Thread"???? Two of 'em? well, it's a big tent, everyone is welcome!
    06-14-2009 11:52 PM
    oops! they must've just been merged
    06-14-2009 11:53 PM
    camp it out for a little get together with some local people.

Alot of the fun is waiting in line with other people who are as excited about the iphone as you are.
    06-15-2009 01:46 PM
    I have pre-ordered my newbee 3GS. I already have the 3G and will be giving it to my Son-in-Law when he gets home from deployment. My sales rep at my AT&T store told me I should preorder, so I did. I am stoked. I LOVE the iPhone.

I have had to replace one and have periodic freezes on the new one, but I'm not complaining. Had a bizarre problem today. The sound was muffled and I could not hear hardly anyone. I looked on some of the forums and some guy said he blew into the speaker and his problem went away. So, what the hay, I did it. Guess what... it worked. Go figure a little dust can cause such a problem. Wonder how many folks had theirs shipped off for repair when a little hot air would have fixed it.
    06-15-2009 07:24 PM
    I'll be in line. Its a tradition for me. It might be crazy to some, but I actually like getting up to the store at 3am and sitting in line playing games and talking. It makes for a great Apple experience.
    Me too. Last year I got to the store at 7 pm the night before, there were police officers on duty all night, and we brought a basketball goal and skateboards and pretty much partied all night until the 3G came out.
    06-15-2009 09:02 PM
    I pre-ordered this year because of work...I've got to pay for this thing somehow.
    06-15-2009 09:10 PM
    mine is reserved at the apple store with my name on it; so I don't have to wait in line
    06-15-2009 10:16 PM
    well aren't you the lucky one?
    06-16-2009 01:57 AM
    "Ding" I just got the e-mail saying my order has shipped
    06-16-2009 02:01 AM
    This is my first chance to stand in in line for an iPhone. I actually waited in line for the Blackberry Storm on its launch day. I got lucky and got a good unit. I really liked it, but what the iPhone does, it just does better. I got a 16GB iPhone two weeks ago, but I am going to exchange it for a new 32GB. Very excited! I can't wait.

Anyone going to be at the Apple store in Valley Fair in Santa Clara? Has anyone waited there before on launch day? What time did you show up?
    06-16-2009 11:17 PM
    nj here, gonna be in wayne getting a 3gs, gonna go at midnight, ish
    06-17-2009 05:25 PM
    Well, since AT&T is moving up my eligability, I might be standing in line.

Chris
    06-17-2009 05:25 PM
    Anyone in the Chicago area? We will be in line at the Oak Brook Apple store. Anyone else going?

1 of my friends that's going with me gets off work at 11, so we will probably be there between 12:30 and 1ish.
    06-17-2009 07:23 PM
    Question,
    I know AT&T will be busy but I was wondering if since I pre-ordered I could show up around 9/10/11 and walk in and pick it up (short line)? or will there still be an line out the door? Or should I just stand in line. I have to work so I won't be taking it phone to sync til after 5pm anyways. Work is allowing me to come in an hour or so (comp time) if I want to. Would I still be able to get mine after the 10am normal business hours?

I pre-ordered @ AT&T in Killeen/Fort Hood, Texas.
    06-17-2009 07:51 PM
    I understand that if you preordered then you have a iphone reserved for you. For those that cant hold on to their wad, ATT stores will be letting pre orderers in an hour early.
    06-17-2009 08:08 PM
    So, I'm picking up my iPhone from the Apple Store in a mall in Centennial, CO. They open at 8:00. I have to be online and logged in, ready to teach an online lecture at 9 AM. Office is 15 minutes away from the mall. So, do I risk being late, or get shut out of my iPhone because I was an ***** and signed up at the Apple Store instead of AT&T?

Maybe I'll get there at 4 AM like I do on Black Friday every year.
    06-17-2009 11:45 PM
    I preordered mine from the apple store. I'll be there bright and early to get it. If the store opens at 8, how early do you experienced apple afficianados think I should get there? I'll be getting mine from a store in Roseville Minnesota so I don't think there will be any enormous crowds.
    06-18-2009 12:20 AM
    Anyone waiting in line in NYC? Any advice on which store is good?
    I'm not sure which store to wait in- AT&T or Apple?

I didn't pre-order so if I wait in line at AT&T, the doors won't open until 9am, they'll have fewer iPhones, but there won't be the apple hype.

The Apple Stores will have more phones, open 2hr earlier, but all the fanboys go to it and I suspect the lines will be longer. I scouted out all 3 Apple stores and they're all bad propositions. 5th ave is the flagship store, so that's out. The w. 14th one was full of Apple hipsters, it looked like soho one didn't seem as bad... relatively speaking. But this is during regular, non-iPhone release hours.
    06-18-2009 10:18 AM
    I didnt pre-order, my AT&T rep told me that I have a better chance of getting it tomorrow by just coming up there early in the morning and waiting. Is anyone else gonna do this?
    06-18-2009 11:59 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD