I have two computers (both PCs) one at home, one at work. I have a 2nd genreation iPod Touch and an iPhone 3G. Both of them sync on my home computer with no problem, I can add music, playlists, apps, everything. On my office computer, my iPod Touch reacts just the same, I can play music, install apps, etc. etc. But my iPhone will not let me. It keeps giving me the dreaded message "You device is already synced with another iTunes Library.....". I don't understand why. I did nothing to the Touch to allow it to sync on both of them except to manually manage my music. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get my iPhone to do the same thing?

05-19-2009 07:42 PM
    05-20-2009 12:24 PM
    Thanks for the info. I think my main question was why would I be able to sync an iPod Touch and not an iPhone. This morning I hooked up my iPod Nano that usually resides in my car, and I can sync it with both computers. So it appears it is an iPhone issue. It's really confusing why it is that way, but I'll give the fix you referenced a try and see how it works.

Thanks again.

05-20-2009 12:55 PM
    This might be caused by manually syncing your music. I do not sync this way, so I cannot give you a answer in absolute certainty.
    05-20-2009 01:10 PM
    Were you able to correct this issue? I'm having the same problem as I have always manually managed my music, no problem. The iphone apparently does not like this.
    06-22-2009 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD