The official: Should I Buy an iPhone 3G Now Thread

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you'll still be able to play games and such. Most game don't require an internet connection anyway. You will notice a huge difference between EDGE and wifi, edge is definitely much slower when using safari. But here's the deal, how many people used and still use the original iPhone and absolutely love it? A LOT (real scientific, I know). I don't think you'll be remotely disappointed with the phone even if you rarely get to utilize 3G.

oh good i was worried. i was mostly worried about epic pet wars and useing tweetie.

cwoodland

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I just bought mine and it doesn't bother me in the least that a newer more powerful version is coming out. I have one the first Power PC G5 dual cores which is almost 6 years old now (I think) and a 2 year old Mac Book pro thats 2.4 dual with Intel chips. My G5 still smokes any PC and is a fantastic computer. I'll use it till it explodes which I doubt it will. Apple makes great products and the upgrade cycle is nice but its not as necessary as the PC world (which with Windows "upgrades" is really questionable).

Chad

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I had an iPhone for about 2 months, sold it, then I re-purchased it from AT&T, and sold it again and now I have a Blackberry Bold. I will say that the difference in media player is not as significant as people will say, especially with a good set of headphones. Also, I really like (on the Bold) that multi-tasking where I can actually listen to Pandora Radio, and respond to a message on Facebook. Doing such a thing is impossible on the iPhone. Also, I live Ubertwitter(its a twitter app up and running) and it shows how many new Twitters I have to read.. The Bold is far closer to an iPhone in every department except the apps. I do miss all the apps you can get but I do have all the apps I use to use on the iPhone on the Bold. I also like how when someone sends you a Facebook Notification, it comes up with the facebook logo as a notifier, it does the same with myspace too.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I will also say the browsing capabilities on the iPhone are fantastic. I do miss it but if you go to either a Bold or an iPhone you can't really go wrong.

Mushy2012

May 13, 2009
Visit site
so..i want an iphone now but also want the next gen...

Does att offer some sort of 30 day return where a could get a 3g now, return it in under 30 days and then grab the new one if/when it comes out? I am having to type this on a blackberry storm so you all can understand why I'm getting restless...

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
lol just wait a month it wont kill you !

yes they have a 30 day return policy, if you can exchange it in 30 days for a next gen or not i don't know. and what if it takes longer then 30 days for att to get it ?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
No. Just wait. That whole 30 day things will complicate things.

Just wait because there is a high chance that you won't even get the new model when your 30 days is up.

I had the Blackjack II last year and I hated it with a passion. I was in your shoes right now , I wanted the 3G really bad. I tried in June for a week to get it and no luck. I didn't get it until October that year.

It was worth the wait , less hastle and stress. Also , incase 3.0 is buggy , you'll get a chance to let apple make a few more changes to the firmware.

So just wait.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Just wait until Monday after their conference. Then we will know everything and you can start your count down to the release of the new hardware. Who knows, Apple could release it much sooner this time after the announcement because of all the phones coming out this month.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat here, my TMobile contract expires at the end of July, so I am VERY anxiously awaiting the information to come out from WWDC.

I shouldn't be so antsy for a new phone, but I am....ugh.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I definitely CAN wait...and HAVE to ( TMo contract ) till August...so I'm waiting regardless.....doesn't make waiting any easier :D

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I would wait for the first two months to go by. I wouldn't buy this phone in the frenzy of people " wanting it so bad ".

If you contract ends in July , just wait for the phone. I learned that lesson when my contracts ended in May 2008 and I tried to get the phone in July. I tried every apple and AT&T store in Manhattan and I didn't get it until October that year.

I'm getting the new model but not until october / November-ish time because I don't want to run into store expecting a phone and not get it.

Mushy2012

May 13, 2009
Visit site
What has been the experience of those that purchased the 3g through AT&T's direct fulfillment right around the time it was released?

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I really don't care either way though... I just purchased an iPhone 3G at my local AT&T store tonight. I had an iPhone, went to a Bold got real bored real fast, so I came back to the iPhone..

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
What has been the experience of those that purchased the 3g through AT&T's direct fulfillment right around the time it was released?
Do Direct Fulfillment immediately! TRUST ME!!! You'll get yours within a few weeks. It's better than waiting in long lines day after day without any guarantee of getting a phone!

jbw52

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
New Here - Good Time To Buy an iPhone

Every year my wife asks me what I want for my birthday and every year I really do not have a clue, except this year. I told her the other day that I wanted an iPhone for my birthday, which is in September. By that time the next gen iPhone will have been released and fully tested for bugs. What a great time to buy an iPhone.

I am currently a Blackberry user and since I use my phone for 90% email and web, 10% phone, the iPhone seems like a perfect choice for me. I know I am going to love the larger screen for web tasks. Now I can hardly wait for my birthday to get here. Phew! Three months and counting.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
You'll love the iPhone. I do. The best way for you to enjoy the iPhone is to become active in iPhone sites like this. Welcome to a great community!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods