I got a 16 GB Black iPhone last weekend. I just couldn't wait. Have been extremely happy with it. It works great as a phone as well.
    04-22-2009 07:52 PM
    I would wait. it's only a month and a half away. I have a first gen phone and have been dying to get a new one so when I finally decided to do it I heard about the new phone and have been biting my nails ever since...AAAARGGG I can barely contain my self any longer! Must....Have...New...Phone!:o
    You aren't alone buddy. I am in the exact same boat as you. HOLD ON!
    04-23-2009 01:29 AM
    Well, WWDC 2009 is supposed to be June 8-12, so we *should* have an answer by then. Yes, there could be an exception to this rule, but unlikely. So for those of you undecided fence-sitters, hold on!!!
    04-23-2009 06:02 AM
    I just got a refurb deal from AT&T $199 For a 16GB about 2 months back. I must say, I love my 3G more than my Original iPhone that I loved so much. I am so happy I got it, and will not be at all crazed about having the latest and greatest. 3.0 will be enough for me as I will really want to use MMS. Thats what I miss most. But my AT&T refurb is in great, great shape. And really, recommend to everyone
    04-23-2009 04:25 PM
    I just got bought another white 16GB off of ebay.

I'm not convinced that the rumored new phone is going to be that much of an improvement.
    04-25-2009 09:33 PM
    I went ahead and bought mine as I simply didn't want to wait anymore based on rumors.
    04-26-2009 10:03 PM
    I just got a refurb deal from AT&T $199 For a 16GB about 2 months back. I must say, I love my 3G more than my Original iPhone that I loved so much. I am so happy I got it, and will not be at all crazed about having the latest and greatest. 3.0 will be enough for me as I will really want to use MMS. Thats what I miss most. But my AT&T refurb is in great, great shape. And really, recommend to everyone
    I'm thinking about buying a refurbished iphone from at&ts website, does anybody have any good/bad stories to tell about doing that? $149 sounds pretty good for a 16gb iphone and i'm having a hard time waiting for a new iphone. Rumor has it that a new one will be ANNOUNCED in June...but then how long before it goes on sale?
    04-30-2009 01:21 AM
    @3seven1,

The first gen iPhone was released on June 29, 2007 and the second gen iPhone was released on July 11, 2008. So PROBABLY in June or July? It's always been a summer time launch.
    04-30-2009 05:35 AM
    I know of a couple of folks that have taken advantage of the refurbs and they havent had any issues so far.
    I went ahead and bought mine. I'm anxious for the 3.0 OS release.
    04-30-2009 09:36 AM
    I know of a couple of folks that have taken advantage of the refurbs and they havent had any issues so far.
    I went ahead and bought mine. I'm anxious for the 3.0 OS release.
    Same here! I can't wait for 3.0 to drop!
    04-30-2009 11:52 AM
    Here is my refurb story...

Switched from verizon about 2 months ago to a brand new 8gig model(best $200 i have ever spent honestly) couple weeks ago i was having some issues with map and youtube app. Apple store replaced my device hassle free two times with refurb models.

First refurb model the chrome bezel was not aligned correctly causing light to shine through the cracks. Apple store replaced it no questions asked

Second refurb the home button would stick.. i contacted customer relations. After being told i would receive a new 8gig phone in the mail, 2 weeks went by without hearing nothing. Finally a rep calls me and explains he just received the request. I complained a phone should have been sent 2 weeks ago. He happily upgrades me to a brand new 16gig white model. I just received my new phone and am happy as can be

Overall, it was the best $200 i have every spent, apple customer service is excellent. At&t even put i $150 credit on our first bill to offset the verizon termination fee. I am extremely satified with my iphone 3g, and apple as a company. I encourage you to buy the iphone, best money ever spent
    Last edited by dynamo84ll; 04-30-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    04-30-2009 11:07 PM
    Lucky you! Ii wouldn't have refused an AT&T credit to help offset my Sprint ETF, cause I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint tried to charge me double.
    05-01-2009 06:49 AM

Switched from verizon about 2 months ago to a brand new 8gig model(best $200 i have ever spent honestly) couple weeks ago i was having some issues with map and youtube app. Apple store replaced my device hassle free two times with refurb models.

First refurb model the chrome bezel was not aligned correctly causing light to shine through the cracks. Apple store replaced it no questions asked

Second refurb the home button would stick.. i contacted customer relations. After being told i would receive a new 8gig phone in the mail, 2 weeks went by without hearing nothing. Finally a rep calls me and explains he just received the request. I complained a phone should have been sent 2 weeks ago. He happily upgrades me to a brand new 16gig white model. I just received my new phone and am happy as can be

Overall, it was the best $200 i have every spent, apple customer service is excellent. At&t even put i $150 credit on our first bill to offset the verizon termination fee. I am extremely satified with my iphone 3g, and apple as a company. I encourage you to buy the iphone, best money ever spent
    Wow what a story! I guess all that happened for a reason
    05-01-2009 11:22 AM

damn. thats good customer service. apple replaced my friends iphone when he stepped on it for free. the guy was really nice. i havent had any misfortunes like that though
    05-04-2009 05:59 PM
    wait for the new one!!!!!
    05-04-2009 11:22 PM
    i want an iphone so bad, and Its so hard for me to keep from buying one. i restrain myself everyday its starting to hurt. Do we really think a 32 gb is comming out in june? or should i just go buy one now and relieve myself, i sure would want to miss out on the fm tuner so i can listen to coast to coast am on it every night
    05-16-2009 02:47 AM
    Do It!!! Doooo It!!!!!!! :d
    05-16-2009 03:30 AM
    I'm going to wait for the new iPhone 3rd gen this summer. But I want to sell me 2g. Will the price decrease for my 2g?
    05-16-2009 12:45 PM
    I'm going to wait for the new iPhone 3rd gen this summer. But I want to sell me 2g. Will the price decrease for my 2g?
    Unlikely. They are still holding strong in their price ranges currently.
    05-16-2009 05:09 PM
    Hey guys just a quick question. My gf has a HTC touch pro from sprint and its having a ton of problems. lagging, some features arent working correctly, that sort of stuff. she hates the battery life too. But anyways, ill get with the question. She really likes my iphone 3g and sees that it works perfectly, no problems. i got her an ipod touch a few months ago and shes in love with that. She wants to switch to the iphone but since its so close to WWDC I told her she should just wait and see what the next iphone has to bring. You think thats a good idea? or do you think she should just go ahead, cancel sprint and get with AT&T and get the iphone? (since this is the iphone blog i hope no one brings up the palm pre, she doesnt want that)

only thing that sucks is now we are stuck with an ipod touch lol
    05-19-2009 03:09 PM
    I would just wait there might be a newiphone she can wait a month.
    05-19-2009 03:26 PM
    Definitely wait. Because then you would be a new customer. If you jumped in right now and became an AT&T customer, it would delay your chances to buy the new iPhone at the new customer price.
    05-19-2009 04:38 PM
    I too say wait! And put the iPod Touch on eBay or Craigslist!
    05-19-2009 06:33 PM
    I agree it wouldn't hurt to wait.
    05-19-2009 06:37 PM
    Thanks everyone. But doesn't apple do it where if u have a contract and u get the new one u just start over on the contract. No cancel fee and u get new customer price?
    05-19-2009 08:43 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD