Forwarding gmail to Mobileme is a great idea. Never would have thought of that thanks!
    05-05-2009 01:45 PM
    Everyone I know and myself hate using the Storm (including the person that bought it). He figured it would be a nice upgrade from his old broken phone. It turns out that he wants a different phone now. I can't understand why they didn't wait to get it right the first time
    05-07-2009 01:24 AM
    At first, I loved the Storm but, the OS is what brought it down. The OS crashed on me. When I brought it back to Verizon under warranty, they refused to do anything to compensate me or replace the phone. Verizon's Customer Service is the worst as they told me "if you're that dissatisfied with our customer service, may be you should go elsewhere".
    05-07-2009 07:17 AM
    It's not just the Storm - I got the Bold the day it came out in November. Good unit for what it was, light years ahead of the curve I had before the unfortunate ladder accident.... But even then, the browser on the Bold was awful, copying media was a pain, there was no such thing as the RIM app store when I bailed out, and the screen was so tiny that even if the browser was better & the media was easy to transfer - what was the point!!!????? you couldn't see what you were doing at all. The only thing better (and I mean WAAAAY better) on the Bold than the iPhone is the camera function - zoom AND flash AND video, Apple needs to wake up on that one....
    05-07-2009 11:43 PM
    trust me you will not get sick off the iPhone.
    05-08-2009 05:42 AM
    MobileMe provides you with an @me.com e-mail account. What I do is forward my gmail to my me.com address so everything gets pushed. I love MobileMe, push calendar, contacts and e-mail. Works with PC, Outlook, Windows Contacts and some others.

Check out Amazon for MobileMe, it's cheaper.. someone said like $69/year as opposed to $99. I purchased the family account for $149, 5 users.

I have my Outlook, MobileMe, iPhone and Google Calendars ALL in sync and in perfect harmony.
    Ok, thanks for the tips. I will check them out. Now, the only thing that remains for me is to find out when, and exactly what, the new iPhone will bring to me once it is released.
    05-10-2009 09:43 AM
    It's not just the Storm - I got the Bold the day it came out in November. Good unit for what it was, light years ahead of the curve I had before the unfortunate ladder accident.... But even then, the browser on the Bold was awful, copying media was a pain, there was no such thing as the RIM app store when I bailed out, and the screen was so tiny that even if the browser was better & the media was easy to transfer - what was the point!!!????? you couldn't see what you were doing at all. The only thing better (and I mean WAAAAY better) on the Bold than the iPhone is the camera function - zoom AND flash AND video, Apple needs to wake up on that one....
    If you compare the pics though.. more often than not the iPhone's are a lot better in quality
    05-10-2009 02:17 PM
    MobileMe provides you with an @me.com e-mail account. What I do is forward my gmail to my me.com address so everything gets pushed. I love MobileMe, push calendar, contacts and e-mail. Works with PC, Outlook, Windows Contacts and some others.

Check out Amazon for MobileMe, it's cheaper.. someone said like $69/year as opposed to $99. I purchased the family account for $149, 5 users.

I have my Outlook, MobileMe, iPhone and Google Calendars ALL in sync and in perfect harmony.
    Question: I believe I was answered, but hopefully it has changed. Do any of the 4 accounts push like the primary does? Apple told me the 4 wouldn't.
    05-10-2009 02:29 PM
    Question: I believe I was answered, but hopefully it has changed. Do any of the 4 accounts push like the primary does? Apple told me the 4 wouldn't.
    I never thought the other 4 wouldn't push, if they don't I believe that would be a scam on behalf of apple's part. I will check into it though.
    05-11-2009 06:36 PM
    Hi Everyone. I too have switched from the Storm to the iPhone. I have owned nothing but BBs for the past 9 years so switching to an iphone was def. a big deal for me. I must say so far I love this phone. I have only had an iphone a day, but it has been so easy to adapt to it. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
    05-11-2009 08:44 PM
    Hi Everyone. I too have switched from the Storm to the iPhone. I have owned nothing but BBs for the past 9 years so switching to an iphone was def. a big deal for me. I must say so far I love this phone. I have only had an iphone a day, but it has been so easy to adapt to it. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
    Congrats on the new phone. I also came from the Storm. I think you will be happier with the iPhone. Even more so when 3.0 comes out.
    05-11-2009 08:51 PM
    I had a storm for 3 maybe 4 months, i use it for work i needed a email app that supports full imap, not inbox only like the storm... i miss the push email, but i can deal...

even if the storm had a full imap email app it was just not reliable enough to use for work. it was the worst phone i have ever had. never have i wasted so much time trying to tweak things just to make a device work like it should.

three days ago i picked up an iPhone to try out for 30 days, then decide which to keep. well on the third day i called up verizon and canceled my service. they said there will be a 295 dollar early termination fee ( i have two phones ) i said thats fine !

the iphones email client meets my needs better then the blackberry did, but i was shocked at the difference in performance. its like night and day, the storm is an embarrassment...

im sure it will improve, and turn out to be a nice blackberry. but it was not in any way ready to be released.

I have seen the light !
    05-12-2009 07:09 AM
    Thanks! I already love the iPhone! The only thing I'm really missing is bbm, but the iPhone performance fills that void. I admit I use to be an iPhone hater (it can't even copy and paste) but now I will highly recommend the iPhone to anyone!
    05-13-2009 10:52 AM
    Thanks! I already love the iPhone! The only thing I'm really missing is bbm, but the iPhone performance fills that void. I admit I use to be an iPhone hater (it can't even copy and paste) but now I will highly recommend the iPhone to anyone!
    When 3 comes out you will be able to copy and paste. That won't be too much longer. Or, you can jailbreak and be able to do that now.
    05-13-2009 07:26 PM
    I had a storm for 3 maybe 4 months, i use it for work i needed a email app that supports full imap, not inbox only like the storm... i miss the push email, but i can deal...

even if the storm had a full imap email app it was just not reliable enough to use for work. it was the worst phone i have ever had. never have i wasted so much time trying to tweak things just to make a device work like it should.

three days ago i picked up an iPhone to try out for 30 days, then decide which to keep. well on the third day i called up verizon and canceled my service. they said there will be a 295 dollar early termination fee ( i have two phones ) i said thats fine !

the iphones email client meets my needs better then the blackberry did, but i was shocked at the difference in performance. its like night and day, the storm is an embarrassment...

im sure it will improve, and turn out to be a nice blackberry. but it was not in any way ready to be released.

I have seen the light !

This sounds like my story.
    05-13-2009 08:18 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD